PDA

View Full Version : Looking for house in Havasu...

Shawny Mac
02-06-2006, 09:59 PM
I am looking to buy a house in Havasu.... I am looking for something in the $250,000/$300,000 range with a deep garage. Are any of you HBr's selling or know some one who is ??? If not, can anyone hook me up with a good agent in Havasu? Any help would be appreciated.......

Ivan Dan
02-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Check out this one......probably could get a great deal on it Havasu House (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103357&highlight=House)

INSman
02-06-2006, 10:07 PM
The HB Forum realtor of choice is Michele Bravata, a.k.a. warlock25 here on the boards.
Her and her husband John are (2) of the greatest people you could ever meet and they make the home buying process in Havasu a breeze. In fact just today, they spent the better part of their day hanging around waiting for a TV to be delivered and the cable guy to show up at my Havasu house that they sold me. Can't beat that type of service !!! :cool:
I will shoot you her phone number tomorrow...

little rowe boat
02-06-2006, 10:11 PM
The HB Forum realtor of choice is Michele Bravata, a.k.a. warlock25 here on the boards.
Her and her husband John are (2) of the greatest people you could ever meet and they make the home buying process in Havasu a breeze. In fact just today, they spent the better part of their day hanging around waiting for a TV to be delivered and the cable guy to show up at my Havasu house that they sold me. Can't beat that type of service !!! :cool:
I will shoot you her phone number tomorrow...
I second that, they are the greatest.
Last week, John hung out at my house waiting for the plumber to show up.

little rowe boat
02-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Here is Micheles Phone #
( 928) 208-9171
Michele Bravada AKA on the boards Warlock 25.
Her and John are two of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Shawny Mac
02-06-2006, 10:24 PM
I saw the house Newcastle is selling. I sent an email for more info... I am a lil worried about the width of the garage though (8 ft). Thanks for the info about Michelle. I saw her name mentioned in a couple of different forums but could not find any more info on her.

Newcastle
02-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Width of the garage doors? 8' is the height of the garage doors. Generally garage doors in Havasu are either 7 or 8'...8' is the safer way to go, because almost any boat will fit without a problem. The width of the boat deep garage is fine, trust me. Let me know if you want to see some more pics. Thanks, Nate

Ivan Dan
02-06-2006, 11:19 PM
I saw the house Newcastle is selling. I sent an email for more info... I am a lil worried about the width of the garage though (8 ft).
The boat deep garage is on the 2 car side so there should be plenty of room to fit any boat without any worries.

Newcastle
02-06-2006, 11:24 PM
And I second that about Michele and John. Great people to work with and always looking out for your best interest, even if hearing the truth isn't exactly what you wanted to hear. Whether it's my house or somebody else's, at least use Michele. She's a class act and you won't be disappointed.
Good luck on the home search.

Shawny Mac
02-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Newcastle, thanks on the info reference the garage. The house looks sweet and just what I'm in the market for. I'll pm ya so I can get some more info on the house.

OGShocker
02-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Comparing Michele to any other agent in Havasu is like comparing chicken salad to chicken shit! She and John are two of the finest people we have EVER met. Do yourself a favor and call them, you won't be sorry.

franky
02-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Comparing Michele to any other agent in Havasu is like comparing chicken salad to chicken shit! She and John are two of the finest people we have EVER met. Do yourself a favor and call them, you won't be sorry.
Boy aren't you generalizing. Yes there are some real pieces of work in this town that call themselves realtors but I assure you my wife, who is a Realtor (and the VP of the Association of Realtors and was Education Chair last year AND recieved the Distinguished Realtor Award for 2005) is not as you say. I have a lot of real estate dealings in this town and my wife got her ticket so I did not have to put up with dipsh*ts. Granted, Michele is a very proffesional realtor at least from dealing with her from my side.

SummerBreeze
02-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Call..... Jeanette Clayton.... Lake Havasu Vacation Rentals and Sales
800 279-4712 or her personal cell# 928 486-4904
She is the Queen of Lake Havasu. She has lived at the lake her whole life and knows the lake at it's properties. She is a personal friend of mine.
She can hook you up with a place.

Mrs.Racer277
02-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Michele (Warlock25) is great. 928-208-9171

Roaddogg 4040
02-07-2006, 07:19 AM
I fourth or fifth Michelle!!! I just bought a piece of property from her and she was great. You can't go wrong with her... :) :) :)
Steve

Jordy
02-07-2006, 07:22 AM
I don't know if it's been suggested yet, but you should give Michele Bravata a call. ;) :D

SummitKarl
02-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Ok I must lay down the rules here :p :)
First and most important, we PM SummitKarl for houses around here :D
Then I log you into Michele Bravada (warlock25)
Michele will find you that killer Hot Boat Deal :wink:
Michele makes you very Happy
Then Michele sends ME!!!! a nice little suprise in the mail that makes me very Happy :D
ok we all got it straight :rolleyes: :cool: :)

Jordy
02-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Wow, after that shameless self-promotion, it looks like this thread should be moved to the SPAM section now. Nice work. :notam:

SummitKarl
02-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Wow, after that shameless self-promotion, it looks like this thread should be moved to the SPAM section now. Nice work. :notam:
HUMMMM I am thinking "Sticky Thread" :p :)

Shawny Mac
02-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the output.... I have pretty much always stayed in the central/north area of Havasu. I notice there seems to be alot of houses for sale down south. Do the HBr's with houses down south like it down there?? Are there any realistic plans for a boat launch down that way??

INSman
02-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks for all the output.... I have pretty much always stayed in the central/north area of Havasu. I notice there seems to be alot of houses for sale down south. Do the HBr's with houses down south like it down there?? Are there any realistic plans for a boat launch down that way??
I have no clue about any more boat launch ramps, but I will say this:
There seems to be a large disparity in houses above and below the $300-$325k range, meaning absolutely NO disrespect to anyone selling a home below that range. My advice would be to step up to something on the higher end of what you can afford to get the largest place you can with the nicest view, as those are (2) big factors that will separate you from many others when it comes time for you to sell, and/or rent out to snowbirds or whomever. Once you buy, you are pretty much stuck with the size and view or lack thereof. :cool:

Newcastle
02-07-2006, 08:41 AM
I really like the south end myself. Seems like there are alot of newer houses and nicer looking neighborhoods than central. Not really sure about the north end.
I haven't heard anything reference a southend launch either. I usually just drive up to Windsor, then it gives you a reason to stop on the way home at Red Robin for dinner.
No disrespect taken INS. The reason mine is cheaper than everything else new (2003) with 8' doors, 3/2, 3 car boat deep is only because of the government land behind it. There are some towers on the land. This house on the other side of the street would be priced more like 300k than 265k.

ChumpChange
02-07-2006, 08:48 AM
There seems to be a large disparity in houses above and below the $300-$325k range, meaning absolutely NO disrespect to anyone selling a home below that range.
So are you saying that selling mine for $329,000 is good or bad?

Havasu Cig
02-07-2006, 08:56 AM
I would wait to see what the market does. There is a lot of stuff sitting out there right now and with the way the market seems to be trending here in So.Cal. I think prices are going to be coming down.
I know a couple people trying to sell here and they are probably going to have to lower their prices below apparaised value because they are not getting any bites. IMO this will effect pricing in havasu, not to mention the people that bought out there with interest only home equity loans from their house out here. My.02.

INSman
02-07-2006, 09:03 AM
So are you saying that selling mine for $329,000 is good or bad?
I am sure it is lovely, just personally have never seen it. It is a "Generalization" of mine based on what I am seeing. Lot's of cheaper stuff, that is just that "cheaper". If you want something nicer, larger and with a view, you have to step up to some bigger dollars, typically $300k + :cool:

SummitKarl
02-07-2006, 09:06 AM
about 10yrs ago the central/north side was in favor, during the recent boom the South side took off to a point equal to if not above the central/north side
As Havasu grew there became less and less distinction between the two ends of town, the reason you see more resales on the south side of town is, people are just turning their equity on the older homes that have benefited from the growth of Havasu
The south side as some of the most spectacular homes and views in Havasu
but just to be realistic 250-300k is going to get you a nice home most likely 10+ years old, with most new homes sell in the low 400's, but I do know where there are a couple BRAND new homes with your requirements in the $370k range for a Hot Boat Forum member :wink: :D

OGShocker
02-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Boy aren't you generalizing. Yes there are some real pieces of work in this town that call themselves realtors but I assure you my wife, who is a Realtor (and the VP of the Association of Realtors and was Education Chair last year AND recieved the Distinguished Realtor Award for 2005) is not as you say. I have a lot of real estate dealings in this town and my wife got her ticket so I did not have to put up with dipsh*ts. Granted, Michele is a very proffesional realtor at least from dealing with her from my side.
I guess I should have said... many other agents.:D Sorry, franky.

Havasu Cig
02-07-2006, 09:14 AM
My uncle has a place on the south side and our place is central (about a mile up and just north of the bridge) and in my opinion I would want to be either central or north for a vacation house. If I was living out there it would not matter as much, but that extra 10 minute drive to and from the ramps makes a difference to me. I can be at Windsor or the Marina in a couple of minutes. My uncle has a 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic. Most of the nicer places to eat are central or north as well. When I am there for 2-3 days I don't like to spend the extra time driving around to get somewhere. My.02

SummitKarl
02-07-2006, 09:19 AM
I would wait to see what the market does. There is a lot of stuff sitting out there right now and with the way the market seems to be trending here in So.Cal. I think prices are going to be coming down.
I know a couple people trying to sell here and they are probably going to have to lower their prices below apparaised value because they are not getting any bites. IMO this will effect pricing in havasu, not to mention the people that bought out there with interest only home equity loans from their house out here. My.02.
it's just the time of year...very typical for things to slow Nov-Feb, boaters buy towards the end of Summer and Snow birds buy towards the end of April/May......so just from my exp. I am waiting till May before I say there is any change in the market in Havasu. none of the home builders I deal with or talk with have seen their load lighten up, for the most part all the owners of these companies just shake their head "what slow down", so unless we are all lying to each other all seems good and we are just returning to our steady pace before the panic buying that went on over the last 3 yrs.

Havasu Cig
02-07-2006, 09:31 AM
it's just the time of year...very typical for things to slow Nov-Feb, boaters buy towards the end of Summer and Snow birds buy towards the end of April/May......so just from my exp. I am waiting till May before I say there is any change in the market in Havasu. none of the home builders I deal with or talk with have seen their load lighten up, for the most part all the owners of these companies just shake their head "what slow down", so unless we are all lying to each other all seems good and we are just returning to our steady pace before the panic buying that went on over the last 3 yrs.
You need to look at what the economist with no real estate bias are saying along with what is happening in the market. I have friends that have been in the business along time and they all say things are going to adjust (behind closed doors of course). I looked at a 2600 Sq.Ft. house out there on.4 acres in the new sailing Hawk development and they are asking 900k for it. I just had to laugh. That is more per Sq.Ft.than San Diego. I think the real estate people out there need to remember where they are at. I have heard the vacation destination line from a few of them, but they need to remember where most of the money is coming from. As California goes so will Havasu. Nothing last forever and the real estate boom is over IMO. When the market adjust I will be looking to buy.

INSman
02-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Anyone sitting around waiting for a "correction", will likely be sitting around and waiting for a long time. If SK doesn't have his finger on the pulse of what is happening in Havasu, then I don't know who the heck else would !!
Enough of the "Doom and Gloom", the glass is half full, not half empty. :)

SummitKarl
02-07-2006, 10:20 AM
You need to look at what the economist with no real estate bias are saying along with what is happening in the market. I have friends that have been in the business along time and they all say things are going to adjust (behind closed doors of course). I looked at a 2600 Sq.Ft. house out there on.4 acres in the new sailing Hawk development and they are asking 900k for it. I just had to laugh. That is more per Sq.Ft.than San Diego. I think the real estate people out there need to remember where they are at. I have heard the vacation destination line from a few of them, but they need to remember where most of the money is coming from. As California goes so will Havasu. Nothing last forever and the real estate boom is over IMO. When the market adjust I will be looking to buy.
I have nothing to do with Real Estate, I Design homes for several builders in Town and pull building permits "THATS ALL", on AVG. over the last 3yrs I represent 8-11% of residential permits pulled in Havasu, I am just telling like it is from my desk.........NO SLOW DOWN IN NEW RESIDENTIAL BUILDING PERMITS AT MY DESK!!!!!!!!! I can't speak for the other 90% of the market, but my 10% or so slice keeps me busy 18+hrs a day and right now I would say about 6-9hrs a day revolves around serving HBF members needs in building Homes in Lake Havasu, I don't know what the future holds, my phone may never ring again........but I doubt it :)
even if the market slows from it crazy 30% growth and returns to it's 10 yr avg of 12-15% SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take 15% per year on my money ANY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :), I invested $70k in Havasu 10 yrs ago, WHOLLY FRICK!!! what a return, Jamaican retirement here I come MAHN :)

Kilrtoy
02-07-2006, 10:40 AM
We live on the extreme south end of town and we love it....
We plan on moving in the next year and we will only be looking in the south. LOT less traffic and people. Granted as already stated, longer drives to the ramps and downtown. But we like it that way... On my block which is small my house is the oldest, at 6 years old..... We will aloso look on the river side of the 95 when the time comes...

Ivan Dan
02-07-2006, 10:50 AM
My uncle has a place on the south side and our place is central (about a mile up and just north of the bridge) and in my opinion I would want to be either central or north for a vacation house. If I was living out there it would not matter as much, but that extra 10 minute drive to and from the ramps makes a difference to me. I can be at Windsor or the Marina in a couple of minutes. My uncle has a 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic. Most of the nicer places to eat are central or north as well. When I am there for 2-3 days I don't like to spend the extra time driving around to get somewhere. My.02
From the south end of town its only a few extra minutes to get to the ramps. The town is only like 10-15 miles long total so it couldn't be much extra time from one end to the other. Also, on a busy weekend when Windsor is full us folk on the south end have a head start to a secret little launch about 13 miles towards Parker (sshhhhssshhhh don't tell anyone though).

Bad Puddy Tat
02-07-2006, 01:14 PM
When I moved out here 2 years ago we looked at all parts of Havasu. What I liked most about the extreme south end is that I could get over an acre of land a decent size house (3000 sq. ft + 2200 sq ft. of garages) with a pool and only had to pay about 10K more than the basic lot size and smaller house size that you find in central and north part of town. Like some one else said Havasu is only about 13 miles long How far are you going to hae to drive? Hell when I lived in OC I thought nothing about driving 25-40 miles for dinner. Besides who needs windsor when you have the secret launch ramp :) :) :)

Supultlbich
02-07-2006, 01:27 PM
We bought our property in the Central/North part of town. The hoouse will be done some time next month. We basicly felt that the long drive back to the house after all day on the water was not what we wanted. Also as a home we will be using as a Vacation home it is closer to most of the stores and watering holes we tend to frequent.
I will agree that the South end has alot of wonderfull views and seemingly larger lots. We are just happy yo be able to afford what we got.
As far as the real estate market i agree with SK. If a slow down means the market only gaining 5-10% a year I'm in for that all day long. I think it boils down to supply and demand, more people and not enough homes. Even if the Fed continues to raise the short term interest rate, which it seems they will do, there will still be people who need homes. Just my $02

sdpm
02-07-2006, 02:24 PM
From what I have read, the average working class person in Havasu, now can not afford a home there. What are they going to do? Where are they going to live? Is Havasu going to turn into a rental town? If all the homes are bought up by non residents then what? What area is going to be the getto? Something has to give.

SummitKarl
02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
From what I have read, the average working class person in Havasu, now can not afford a home there. What are they going to do? Where are they going to live? Is Havasu going to turn into a rental town? If all the homes are bought up by non residents then what? What area is going to be the getto? Something has to give.
Same goes for So. Cal, most require a dual income to survive, which makes Havasu no different than any other place :)

Havasu Cig
02-07-2006, 03:03 PM
From the south end of town its only a few extra minutes to get to the ramps. The town is only like 10-15 miles long total so it couldn't be much extra time from one end to the other. Also, on a busy weekend when Windsor is full us folk on the south end have a head start to a secret little launch about 13 miles towards Parker (sshhhhssshhhh don't tell anyone though).
My uncle's place is off Oro Grande and it is more than just a few minutes. He is 8 miles from my house which takes 10-15 minutes driving time between the two depending on traffic. I live about a mile or so from Windsor so it is easy to do the math. As far as going south to launch, it is a little bit of a drive and if you get stuck behind traffic it will take longer than going to Windsor. Just trying to give my opinion from experience over the last 6 years we have owned a house there. Take it for what's it's worth...

Havasu Cig
02-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Same goes for So. Cal, most require a dual income to survive, which makes Havasu no different than any other place :)
The problem is the job market in Havasu. Low paying for the most part unless you own a decent business. We will see how it pans out, but some of the confidence I hear from realtors out there sounds like So.Cal. in about 89-90. :cool:

Havasu Cig
02-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Anyone sitting around waiting for a "correction", will likely be sitting around and waiting for a long time. If SK doesn't have his finger on the pulse of what is happening in Havasu, then I don't know who the heck else would !!
Enough of the "Doom and Gloom", the glass is half full, not half empty. :)
So.Cal. is already starting to correct, and from an outsiders view of Havasu it sure seems like a lot of the same stuff for sale out there. I went out a few weeks ago after not being out there for a couple months and a lot of the same homes were still for sale. If this was a year ago they would have been bought by someone to flip and you don't see that happening. Like I said above we will see what happens. :cool:

Shawny Mac
02-07-2006, 04:07 PM
You guyz are are offering up some good advice.. I'd liike to buy b4 the summer comes, but I have a wedding to pay for in October..... Would I be safe in saying that the prices of houses are definitely not going to increase over the next year ???

INSman
02-07-2006, 04:13 PM
You guyz are are offering up some good advice.. I'd liike to buy b4 the summer comes, but I have a wedding to pay for in October..... Would I be safe in saying that the prices of houses are definitely not going to increase over the next year ???
I would not go that far, but you could possibly not pay much more if you bought when the market is typically slower in November to January.

Supultlbich
02-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I think it is safe to say that you cant get hurt buying a house or property anywhere as long as you can afford it without creative financing. Real estate is the way to go if you can afford it I.E. 20% down fixed rate financing. So in a nutshell if your robbing peter to pay paul you probably should opt out. As far as Havasu goes the prices will continue to go up, but probably not as much as the past few years. I dont think the prices will be the same, but not much higher.

Havasu1986
02-07-2006, 05:23 PM
My 1st i had built was on Sabino by the AM/PM. Then I bought a new and bigger house above the high school. We love how quiet it is being up there. But it was so much easier and faster to get anywhere being down low. I would love to be below the highway by Windsor, might look at the Refuge.

little rowe boat
02-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Have you called Michele yet????

Newcastle
02-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Have you called Michele yet????
No kidding...call her! She'll give you good, honest input. She's well versed with the market and will tell you what is your best bet for what you're willing to spend and what qualities are most importart to you in a home.
Let's face it, everybody's in a different position financially and do what's best for you.
At the beginning of 2005, when I started looking, home prices in Havasu had already gone up the 2 years prior. Some people said I was crazy and I 'missed the boat.' Well, equity still went up and I'm glad I bought. Funny thing is I've got a wedding to pay for this October too, so this house has gotta go :cry:

SummitKarl
02-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Baring any Katrina like disasters, it hit us hard out here, concrete went way up this year, what cost 12k to pour now cost 18k, lumber is the same way.
my guess is because the resale market is flooded in Havi right now, resale prices should remain flat till it filters itself out

Seasday
02-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Shawny, get over to the SPAM. North side, boat deep, BLM and I'm dealin'. Let's talk!

waterwitch
02-08-2006, 07:23 PM
We plan on moving in the next year and we will only be looking in the south. LOT less traffic and people. Granted as already stated, longer drives to the ramps and downtown. But we like it that way... On my block which is small my house is the oldest, at 6 years old..... We will aloso look on the river side of the 95 when the time comes...
WHAT??? Tell me this is not so!!!!!!!!!!
Are you going to be working for the school district out here?
Just an FYI... you can look at the MLS listings to get an idea of
what is available on line. You can still find great homes under 300k, that
are NOT 10 years old.
Good luck to you!

RP1
02-08-2006, 08:55 PM
How do you and your kids like the school sytem there?