PDA

View Full Version : Need Plumber

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I need a plumber in San Dimas area. Anyone on here?
Here's the problem. I have (2) toilets in bathrooms adjacent to each other that are constantly getting clogged up (low flow pieces of shit toilets). I've had it with them. I've had roto rooter guy out here last week for $200+ bucks, now same problem again. They clog daily. Sometimes we can clear with plunger, well not this time. One is leaking water out from under the base on the floor. I need this shit fixed (litteraly). :D
I was considering getting some of those toilets with the big "wooosh" tank in them. I can't seem to get anyone around here to courtesy flush and I've had it dealing with this "shit".
Anyone close by???????????????

topless
04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
I need a plumber in San Dimas area. Anyone on here?
Here's the problem. I have (2) toilets in bathrooms adjacent to each other that are constantly getting clogged up (low flow pieces of shit toilets). I've had it with them. I've had roto rooter guy out here last week for $200+ bucks, now same problem again. They clog daily. Sometimes we can clear with plunger, well not this time. One is leaking water out from under the base on the floor. I need this shit fixed (litteraly). :D
I was considering getting some of those toilets with the big "wooosh" tank in them. I can't seem to get anyone around here to courtesy flush and I've had it dealing with this "shit".
Anyone close by???????????????Sorry Mikey, I'll have my trailer guests use the outhouse from now on. (what pigs they are)

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
anothing other thana LOW flow toilet anymore.but a newer better one should work.Very easy to install,take you maybe 2 hours for both as a rookie.Wheres the leak?

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Leaks out from under the base of one when I plunge either one. I think there's something stuck in main line.
But the toilets don't put out enough water to get anything out of the toilet half the time.
I'm tired of focking with it. I need someone who knows whats up with drains etc to come and check it out.

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:12 PM
the shitter and the floor?Needs a new wax ring if thats the spot.My guess is plumbing is fine,just shitty toilets.

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Those toilets with the pressurized tanks like in resturants and stuff would work better.... yes????

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Those toilets with the pressurized tanks like in resturants and stuff would work better.... yes????
but im home applications your asking for trouble

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry Mikey, I'll have my trailer guests use the outhouse from now on. (what pigs they are)
Funny, we have an outhouse in front right now the roofers left here. Looks like we may be using it tomorrow. :messedup:

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:14 PM
just no bowl,directly hooked up to the water line at 50 to 70 psi,so it seems "pressurized"

LHC30Victory
Call Joe Babeneau at GLendora Plumbing, tell him I referred him...

Rexone
Commercial building, (Rex Marine)

JB in so cal
04-17-2007, 05:15 PM
You have GOT to take your boxing gloves off when typing:)

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:15 PM
seriously its easy,go to lowes or home dump,get a nice one and a new wax ring,swap one

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:16 PM
You have GOT to take your boxing gloves off when typing:)
im missing a finger fag,dont make fun of me:D

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
seriously its easy,go to lowes or home dump,get a nice one and a new wax ring,swap one
Neither toilet will drain though. I think there may be a problem beyone the piece of shit toilets too.

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:19 PM
chances are waste line is small,maybe to small for a fast flushing crapper,you need a new bowl style

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Neither toilet will drain though. I think there may be a problem beyone the piece of shit toilets too.
in the the waste line,it should be snaked from far away,not at the toilet.A good rooter company should know that

rrrr
04-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Rex, the problem is that you don't have the right equipment.
You need a billet plunger. :D :D

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:26 PM
There's a cleanout under the sink which isn't too far from the toilet. I think this is where they went in, I wasn't here at the time. I just ran a 25 footer down there and didn't do a thing.

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:28 PM
There's a cleanout under the sink which isn't too far from the toilet. I think this is where they went in, I wasn't here at the time. I just ran a 25 footer down there and didn't do a thing.
prob a soft clog near the the exit of the building should be a cleanout outside.Could be much further than 25ft

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Here's a pic
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28893&stc=1&d=1176859729
Good? Bad? I already know it's ugly. :D

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:31 PM
prob a soft clog near the the exit of the building should be a cleanout outside.Could be much further than 25ft
How nice. :(

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Here's a pic
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28893&stc=1&d=1176859729
Good? Bad? I already know it's ugly. :D
just need a wax ring replacement and a longer rooter to clear the entire line.Couple hours for a good plumber

racecar.hotshoe
04-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Maybe a change of diet is in order..........:D

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:37 PM
No clean out outside that I can see. Only the one under the sink.

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:40 PM
No clean out outside that I can see. Only the one under the sink.
could be in the landscaping,or in the floor of the warehouse

Rexone
04-17-2007, 05:42 PM
You think if I changed the wax ring to seal it up it would then clear with a plunger possibly? Right now it just pumps it out on the floor. It does drain down real slowly but I think someone layed a big hard turd that got caught in a 90 or something :mad:

Boatcop
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Bird's nest in your roof vent?
Start with the easy stuff first.

BOBALOO
04-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I put new toilets in my place and purposely used 3 different models so I would not have 3 problems if they sucked. 1 out of 3 is pretty good.
They all came from that Lowes by your shop.
Kohler Rialto quiet, flushes well. good in small places
Eljer Titan, flushes with power, and quick , I bought another to replace the American Standard.
American Standard, if this crapper is the american standard we are destined to be streaks on the bowl of life. This thing clogs just cleaning it. :mad:
These tests are using the 3 or 4 ply paper my better half says we need. :D and all 3 are standard tank models. I would think the pressurized ones would be better. In a business environment i would use the ADA height ones also. Hate to get sued over a low crapper.
BTW, your floor looks like shit:D

riverroyal
04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
You think if I changed the wax ring to seal it up it would then clear with a plunger possibly? Right now it just pumps it out on the floor. It does drain down real slowly but I think someone layed a big hard turd that got caught in a 90 or something :mad:
your just plunging water out of the base,the pressure isnt going down the line.easy 1st thing to do

cc322
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Here is what I would do, I work for a big water department and we get these type of service calls all the time.
1. Call the water department and have them come out to check there main line, chances are it is not in there main or others in the complex would be having the same problem.
2. If nothing is found, ask them if they can teievise it through your clean out or see if there is a clean out on the property where they can access it with a tv camera, they probably will not do it from the inside so hopefully there is a clean out out front.
3. If they will not tv the latteral to the main you will have to pay a plumber to do it, this is the only way to find out what is going on, and have them make a copy of the tape.
4. Talk to the property management co to see where the ownership lays on the plumbing you or them.
You may have a broken latteral or root intrusion in the pipe, keep all reciepts and see what the pm will pay.
With most water depts or sewer dept they are only responsible for the main line in the street, the customer is always responsible for the latteral to the connection at the main this includes maintanience. Good luck and lean real hard on the property management co.

Tom Brown
04-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey Mike, I think I found the problem.
http://www.adventuresindefecation.com/turd_gallery/oddities_no2_long.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-17-2007, 06:07 PM
The snaking has to be before the toilets or they can try to go through the vent on the roof. Sounds like a partial stoppage in the main line between both toilets.. Is there anything plumbing wise after these two toilets and if so is that backed up? they should be able to clear the stoppage from the roof.. and tell them if there is enough cable to run all or at least 50-60' of it..
also is that a mansfield low flow toilet.. if so get rid of it and get either a ToTo low flow toilet or an air assist..
if you want to give Jamie a call I can give you our number and you can speak with him so he can explain better over the phone.:D

Mandelon
04-17-2007, 06:10 PM
If its both toilets not draining, likely there is something stuck in there. If its a bathroom where ladies can use it, its probably a tampon. They get caught on the joints inside or can lay out in a low spot ( belly ) in the pipe. then other stuff gets stuck behind it.
The city or muni water/sewer won't do anything for you, you own everything on your property, typically from the curb back is your own deal.
Kohler makes a nice big sized toilet, I put one in for a customer who was a big guy. He'd make Tom's turds look like nightcrawlers. Its got a bigger drain size through the built in P trap than the normal ones.
My son drops big solid dog logs, bristling with corn like WWII battle ship with cannons. He saves them up for a couple of days so they are like little concrete loaves of french bread. I plunge regularly.
The leak at the base is due to a wax ring not sealing and the waste pipe being full. If the pipe were not full, the ring wouldn't leak. make sure the next toilet get the wax ring applied to the base of it, not just set over the whole. You gotta wear rubber gloves and mush that ring right onto the base. then caulk or grout around the toilet base when its installed. per code.
We had an air assisted pooper at the office and I wasnt' too impressed. the cartridge ran out regularly. It was bucks to replace and there were no user serviceable parts in the tank.
You can have it checked with a camera for a couple hundred bucks. I have a video of ours around here somewhere....its not great viewing. :)

Kilrtoy
04-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Sounds like the problem to me is, Someone finally got their REX catalog and did not like it, so they flushed it...:D :D

Havasu Doug
04-17-2007, 06:12 PM
This thread is obscene.

RiverToysJas
04-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Maybe there's some sort of problem with your tiolet or in your sewer line!!!
RTJas :D <-- Master of the obvious!!!

Rexone
04-17-2007, 06:21 PM
The snaking has to be before the toilets or they can try to go through the vent on the roof. Sounds like a partial stoppage in the main line between both toilets.. Is there anything plumbing wise after these two toilets and if so is that backed up? they should be able to clear the stoppage from the roof.. and tell them if there is enough cable to run all or at least 50-60' of it..
also is that a mansfield low flow toilet.. if so get rid of it and get either a ToTo low flow toilet or an air assist..
if you want to give Jamie a call I can give you our number and you can speak with him so he can explain better over the phone.:D
There's no name on the pieces of shit. 1994 cast into the lids tho. I'm going to head over to Lowes and look around. I found another cleanout too but it has a big square internal wrench size that I have nothing that will fit it. If Lowes doesn't have a wrench to fit my mill does. ;)
I'll try that cleanout first with a longer snake and prolly change the toilets out. Thank you guys for the help.
Tom. you suck.

Tom Brown
04-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Tom. you suck.
I can't argue with you on that, Mike. :D
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/rexbowl.gif

boats&bars
04-17-2007, 06:59 PM
call the rooter back out and have him jet the main line, this should be free if he just cleared it . is the building a lease or purchase?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-17-2007, 07:06 PM
call the rooter back out and have him jet the main line, this should be free if he just cleared it . is the building a lease or purchase?
most rooter companies do not warrant a stoppage. specially if it a reacurring stoppage.

Havasu1986
04-17-2007, 07:12 PM
.is the building a lease or purchase?
Doesn't matter in most cases. Renter is responsible for most repairs. It's built into the lease.:)

Ken F
04-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Mrs. FlyinV I'm impressed. Where did you learn so much about plumbing???

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Mrs. FlyinV I'm impressed. Where did you learn so much about plumbing???
that is what I do for a living.. and I learned from my husband.:D

Rexone
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I can't argue with you on that, Mike. :D
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/rexbowl.gif
Tell that asshole to mop up the floor while he's at it. lmao.
I just bought a couple new titans and am gonna make a wrench for that larger cleanout and see if I can get er goin again. This shit sucks.

bchbum
04-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Pull one toilet , run a cable down the drain . You will have water in the pipe . When you hit the stoppage the water will push whatever it was down . Replace with new & better toilets .

voodoomedman
04-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Quit letting your UPS Rep take a dump in your toilet. That will help. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow about that. :D

Rexone
04-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Quit letting your UPS Rep take a dump in your toilet. That will help. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow about that. :D
That guy can certainly deliver a big load, that's for sure.

shrek
04-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Rexone--Let me know if you want a bigger snake.......We have a 100 footer at work, and I would be glad to bring one home from work for you tomorrow.............I live in San Dimas......
Shrek

Pussywhippled
04-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Here's a fix to your problem...
I deal with this kind of stuff daily at my shop.
Just place a trash can next to the toilet and tell the guys to wipe, and put it in the trash can, mine do it and I don't even ask...
This must be the reason the my shop guys do it, to keep our plumbing bills down.
I knew my guys were good for something other than the booger's wiped on the walls...

bullseye
04-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Rexone , well from the sounds of it yes you need a new wax ring , if the rooter guy used the cleanout under the sink he only got the main trunk line , may need to pull the toilets and and run a snake thru the water closet bend under them , you could have a obstruction in the bend ,tee ,or figure fitting that is vertical from the main line .
As for toilets that are 3 gal flush's good luck finding one any more , with all the water consevation ,most all toilets are now 1.5 gal flush . good luck

Rexone
04-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Well I pulled the leaking toilet and replaced it with a titan. Ran the snake down there and nothing. Found another cleanout and ran my 25 footer down that too and nothing. I'm gonna pull the other toilet and replace it too and snake it. If still no clear calling the rooter guy in the am. I really don't want to be a plumber any more. :yuk:
Thank you guys for all the help and offers.

YeLLowBoaT
04-18-2007, 12:45 AM
have you tried one of those "balloon" drain flushers? You hook them up to the garden hose... they are pretty cheap...might be worth a look.

Sportin' Wood
04-18-2007, 06:06 AM
Day late but WTF.
Get a camera out there. We don't even screw around any more. After we clear a stopage the camera goes in. if its not to murky we send it in first so we know whats going on.
Sounds like a belly. I assume this is in a comercial building. Back to back WC tells me its a figure fitting staked on top a combi. Its possible that when they glued or put together the combi it might have back graded a little bit. Couple that with a crappy loflow and you could get a situation like this in both toilets. All asumptions untill you get a camera in there.
I would suggest a pressure assit toilet. They are loud but they work very well. Sorry we dont go as far as San Dimas, and we just do construction.

BarryMac
04-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Rex1, tell the boys in the shop to eat more bran, makes the sewer pickles more like mini gerkins less like those HUGE 99cent convienent store dills :D, the toilets will have an easier time swallowing the donations to the local City :D :D ...

MR FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Well I pulled the leaking toilet and replaced it with a titan. Ran the snake down there and nothing. Found another cleanout and ran my 25 footer down that too and nothing. I'm gonna pull the other toilet and replace it too and snake it. If still no clear calling the rooter guy in the am. I really don't want to be a plumber any more. :yuk:
if the rooter guy went in through the sink line he had to use a smaller cable to get through the 1.5in drain line and probably did not use a cutting blade toilets are 3 or 4in lines and if the toilets are back to back it is very hard to snake the line from the closet bend most of the time the stoppage is in the figure fitting that both toilets drop into and there should have been cleanout installed in the vent behind one of toilets during the roughin of the plumbing if not you should install one over toilets and put an acess panel to cover it the rooter guy was also probably snaking ahead of the stoppage anyway try the roof vent if you have a nest or something in the vent this will clean the vent and the drain if you need help verbally or with the cleaning i have a rooter truck be more than happy to help you out 310678 6634 please call took me an hour to type this

Jbb
04-18-2007, 06:55 AM
if the rooter guy went in through the sink line he had to use a smaller cable to get through the 1.5in drain line and probably did not use a cutting blade toilets are 3 or 4in lines and if the toilets are back to back it is very hard to snake the line from the closet bend most of the time the stoppage is in the figure fitting that both toilets drop into and there should have been cleanout installed in the vent behind one of toilets during the roughin of the plumbing if not you should install one over toilets and put an acess panel to cover it the rooter guy was also probably snaking ahead of the stoppage anyway try the roof vent if you have a nest or something in the vent this will clean the vent and the drain if you need help verbally or with the cleaning i have a rooter truck be more than happy to help you out 310678 6634 please call took me an hour to type this
That was a long sentance.........Ma'am.........:D

ChumpChange
04-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Mike:
Call Drainmaster Plumbing. They're right up the street from you. Matt is the owner, just let him know I told you to call him. He's a fellow boater and has been in your shop with me a few times in the past. 626-852-1124

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 06:57 AM
That was a long sentance.........Ma'am.........:D
LMAO!! not me.. :D

MR FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 07:01 AM

Jbb
04-18-2007, 07:05 AM
LMAO!! not me.. :D
Sorry.....Ma'am....:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Sorry.....Ma'am....:D
LOL!! No problem. we were talking about rex last night so he thought he would come on to help :D

Jbb
04-18-2007, 07:08 AM
I guess when the Mega Rooter truck...:D gets done blowing the lid off this log jam...:D ...we will find out what really happened to everyones Rex Marine catalog......Your problem appears to be in the shipping dept. Mike....:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Roofer?
Maybe they shoved some debris down the roof vent...
Plumber should be able to come at it from the street side also. You don't have tree roots to deal with, but maybe clay pipes collapsing? Second the camera idea.
Righty tighty, lefty loosey, shit flows downhill...now your a plumber:D
can't use a camera until the stoppage is cleared.. also if there is no cleanout before the stoppage.. ( street side) he can't.

asch
04-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Roofer?
Maybe they shoved some debris down the roof vent...
Plumber should be able to come at it from the street side also. You don't have tree roots to deal with, but maybe clay pipes collapsing? Second the camera idea.
Righty tighty, lefty loosey, shit flows downhill...now your a plumber:D
Not likely. More like a local stoppage.
15 years in the drain cleaning business and I can count on both hands the number of ACTUAL collapsed lines (including clay) Iv'e run into.
I get calls to clear these office/warehouses all the time.
Basic, run-of-mill call here. No biggie really.

uvindex
04-18-2007, 09:13 AM
I had a similar problem in my house. I could tell it was "downstream" from two of my bathrooms but the symptom was repeatedly clogging toilets. I replaced both of those toilets (one with a vacuum assist, one with a pressure assist). One plumber asked what kind of toilet paper we used -- being good Costco shoppers we always bought that 2-ply Charmin "Ultra" or whatever it's called. He said try single-ply so we did. That made a big difference. (I think the basic problem is that the drain line from those two bathrooms doesn't have enough slope -- this is Florida, after all, probably the flattest state in the nation. :))
Good luck!

Hfmnhoe
04-18-2007, 10:24 AM
i didnt read every post, but i had a problem with my downstairs toilet and clogging and extra water was going into the stand up shower next to it...
the upstairs and downstairs are on seperate systems, due to i live on a street witha grade....the sewer pipes "Y" in front of house and the downstairs has a BACKFLOW valve that was clogged, it pulls right up,
i could not figure it out untill my bro in law/plummer found it for me...
maybe thats the problem if you live on a HILL, and have a two story

asch
04-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Lots of folks unnecessarily replace their toilets. I always get "I replaced the toilet but it still clogs". I very rarely suggest customers replace their toilet(s). Only in the case of a poor design or a toilet that has never flushed properly from the git go. Sloan flush ("jetflush") toilets are fine but aren't typically necessary for a residence. Only in the case where there is a flat, little or negative (belly in the line) fall drain system or when there are many people using 1 bathroom like in Mikes case.
Most cheapo toilets are not "glazed" or coated all the way through the trap of the toilet. This tends to hangup paper and waste. Brand name toilets like Kohler, American Standard tend to be better, but not necessarily the solution. As far as toilet stoppages are concerned, except in a case where a toothbrush, comb or some other object went down, there ain't much that can be done with the 1.6L toilets except to make 2 or 3 flushes depending on the severity of the deposit.:) Just the way it is. Invest in a toilet auger and or plunger or call someone who has one. :D
WOMEN: Contrary to popular belief, tampons should not be flushed even though the box says otherwise. They WILL eventually cause a toilet blockage or a sewer blockage. And that's my tip of the day....;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
WOMEN: Contrary to popular belief, tampons should not be flushed even though the box says otherwise. They WILL eventually cause a toilet blockage or a sewer blockage. And that's my tip of the day....
add dental floss, q-tips, tissue paper, cotton balls and so on.. nothing in a toilet except toilet paper and poopie.:D

asch
04-18-2007, 10:57 AM
add dental floss, q-tips, tissue paper, cotton balls and so on.. nothing in a toilet except toilet paper and poopie.:D
You bet.
Don't ya just love it when they say "How'd that get down there? It's not mine."
and clearly there isn't anyone other than THAT person occupying the home or apt. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
You bet.
Don't ya just love it when they say "How'd that get down there? It's not mine."
and clearly there isn't anyone other than THAT person occupying the home or apt. :)
the one I love is the lady tenant see's us pull tampons out.. she says.. oh it's just me and my husband here and those are not mine.. we tell her.. " well can you please tell your husband not to flush these down the toilet anymore.." most of the time we get a laugh and then sometimes a few have said.. I don't even use those.. OOOOOps.. Husband is busted.. LOL!!:D

trailerpark_tj
04-18-2007, 11:53 AM
the one I love is the lady tenant see's us pull tampons out.. she says.. oh it's just me and my husband here and those are not mine.. we tell her.. " well can you please tell your husband not to flush these down the toilet anymore.." most of the time we get a laugh and then sometimes a few have said.. I don't even use those.. OOOOOps.. Husband is busted.. LOL!!:D
Yummy...just in time for lunch:eek: !
What's up Char? Can you PM me your address, I need to get a check to you guys.
Thanks,
TJ

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Yummy...just in time for lunch:eek: !
What's up Char? Can you PM me your address, I need to get a check to you guys.
Thanks,
TJ
a check for what? :confused:

asch
04-18-2007, 12:12 PM
LOL
Did a job awhile back, mainline was backing up out of the c/o onto the front yard, condoms and all....lets just say Ricky had some splain'n to do. :o

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 12:14 PM
LOL
Did a job awhile back, mainline was backing up out of the c/o onto the front yard, condoms and all....lets just say Ricky had some splain'n to do. :o
LMAO!! now that's funny.. Busted.. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 12:50 PM
maybe this is the problem
Surveyors looking for the source of a clogged drain in southern Adams County found a 7-foot dead alligator. "At first they thought it was a turtle in there, but then they discovered an alligator," Adams County sheriff's Deputy Larry Butler said.
:D

Rexone
04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Again thank everyone for all the feedback and help. I learned a lot about some shitty stuff I had no desire to know about lol.
I replaced both toilets last night (titans) because the cheapo no names I had were often clogging anyway right in the toilet. They had small flappers where the titans are 3 inch and give a good (albeit short) blast. The clog was in the downstairs main section somewhere (upstairs was unaffected). I found a 4" cleanout and rooter guy ran a cutter through it 60 feet this am. End of problem for now. If it reoccurs I'll definately get a camera in there (can't wait for those pics on ***boat).
On the bright side I now know what a wax ring is, how bad sewer gas really smells compared to my dog's farts, and that in my second life I won't be taking up plumbing for a career.
Basically more flushing has been the topic of the day with Rex Marine's personnel No big foot long torpedos w/o flushing. No snow cones. No half roll flushies. Flush flush flush. Water water water.
took me 3 minutes to type this ;)

BOBALOO
04-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Again thank everyone for all the feedback and help. I learned a lot about some shitty stuff I had no desire to know about lol.
I replaced both toilets last night (titans) because the cheapo no names I had were often clogging anyway right in the toilet. They had small flappers where the titans are 3 inch and give a good (albeit short) blast. The clog was in the downstairs main section somewhere (upstairs was unaffected). I found a 4" cleanout and rooter guy ran a cutter through it 60 feet this am. End of problem for now. If it reoccurs I'll definately get a camera in there (can't wait for those pics on ***boat).
On the bright side I now know what a wax ring is, how bad sewer gas really smells compared to my dog's farts, and that in my second life I won't be taking up plumbing for a career.
Basically more flushing has been the topic of the day with Rex Marine's personnel No big foot long torpedos w/o flushing. No snow cones. No half roll flushies. Flush flush flush. Water water water.
took me 3 minutes to type this ;)
Mike, to really get the Titans to flush awesome lift up the flapper in the tank. There is a 1/4 " hole that lets the air escape the chain lifts it up. Plug the hole with a small stainless screw and the flush power will double.
Happy Crappy:D It passes the Humbertos test:eek:

Sportin' Wood
04-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Mike, to really get the Titans to flush awesome lift up the flapper in the tank. There is a 1/4 " hole that lets the air escape the chain lifts it up. Plug the hole with a small stainless screw and the flush power will double.
Toilet tech... :D

Jbb
04-18-2007, 03:59 PM
The Rex Marine..."Preferred Customer"......reading room...:D
A place to relax and browse thru the new catalog......er.....never mind....:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28947&stc=1&d=1176940674

Boatcop
04-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey Mike,
If you still have problems let me know. I got a guy that services the gas station in Desert Center. I'll have him come out and take a look. ;) :D

Rexone
04-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey Mike,
If you still have problems let me know. I got a guy that services the gas station in Desert Center. I'll have him come out and take a look. ;) :D
he's probably not real busy because I don't think he's been there for about 25 years. lol
thanks Alan, you're always watching my back.
I knew last night when I pulled the toilet off I'd smelled that aroma somewhere. Now it just clicked where it was. :D

Rexone
04-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the tip. I will check that out. I have to go try this thing out now anyways. :eek:

Rexone
04-18-2007, 05:09 PM
it appears today the first rooter guy i had out a week or so ago did go through the little sink cleanout (roto rooter btw) and is likely why i still had a problem. that dude charged us $250 range (can you say bend over?). different co today did it right and charged $117. oh well live and learn i guess.
I'm happy as a pig in shit now though. New shiny titans, no crap on floor, life is good. :)
(well 2 outta 3 aint bad). :(

sorry dog
04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
If you intend on having Brown visit again...
I'd suggest installing one of these.
http://www.jwce.com/images/products/jwc_muffin_monster_lg.jpg
He'd have to eat a billet muffin to stop plug that.

Rexone
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
If you intend on having Brown visit again...
I'd suggest installing one of these.
http://www.jwce.com/images/products/jwc_muffin_monster_lg.jpg
He'd have to eat a billet muffin to stop plug that.
Trust me Brown wont be coming anywhere near my new shiny Titans. That son of a bitch almost destroyed my bathroom on the last visit. :mad: