PDA

View Full Version : Are Boat Sales Really That Slow?

Pussywhippled
04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Are boat sales so slow that manufacturers and dealers have to discount them and post them for sale in the spam section?
I guess the spam section will eventually turn into a retail sales center kind of like the OC swapmeet and ebay.
Try and find anything used at either now a days, soon it will be the same on here...

shockwaveharry
04-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Are boat sales so slow that manufacturers and dealers have to discount them and post them for sale in the spam section?
I guess the spam section will eventually turn into a retail sales center kind of like the OC swapmeet and ebay.
Try and find anything used at either now a days, soon it will be the same on here...
I heard custom boat sales stunk the place up at the OC Show... Production boat boths were standing room only though...
Did anyone see that 22 Eliminator Daytona? Beautiful boat for sure, but 95 thousand bones with a 496? No wonder people were walking past it cause for $20,000 more you could get a 28 foot water plow that does 45mph with twin 6.2's...
What's this world comming to?

Havasu_Dreamin
04-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Some custom builders are booked already out to September delivery dates. So it's not slow for everyone...
I heard custom boat sales stunk the place up at the OC Show... Production boat boths were standing room only though...
Having spent all weekend at the boat show I wouldn't characterize any booth as having been standing room only.

shippingguy
04-18-2007, 01:48 PM
I am sure that boat sales are slower than last year, but I do know first hand that Ultra is popping boats out of the mold everyday. I have also heard that DCB and Eliminator are too. I just saw a brand new magic heading to be water tested at Elsinore too. I think the smaller/newer custom boat company's are the ones feeling the hurt more than others.
Again, they are slower this year, but there are the usual companies out there still producing and selling boats. When looking at the SPAM section one that is spamming alot used to spam for another company last year the same amount even when sales were better in general.

Not So Fast
04-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I am sure that boat sales are slower than last year, but I do know first hand that Ultra is popping boats out of the mold everyday. I have also heard that DCB and Eliminator are too. I just saw a brand new magic heading to be water tested at Elsinore too. I think the smaller/newer custom boat company's are the ones feeling the hurt more than others.
Again, they are slower this year, but there are the usual companies out there still producing and selling boats. When looking at the SPAM section one that is spamming alot used to spam for another company last year the same amount even when sales were better in general.
The number of Magic's being sold is frikkin unbelieveable, honestly. As with any slow down in any industry the people with big money will survive but you are right about the newcomers IMO, could be a tough road to hoe. NSF

shippingguy
04-18-2007, 01:57 PM
The number of Magic's being sold is frikkin unbelieveable, honestly. As with any slow down in any industry the people with big money will survive but you are right about the newcomers IMO, could be a tough road to hoe. NSF
I think Magics #'s will always be up there becsaue they do offer a boat with alot of what people are looking for and for a fair price. They are one of the first that really put a nice custom deckboat out there IMO and they have built a rep for being "The Custom Deckboat Company" in a sense.
I do agree the smaller company's are going to feel the hurt if they have not already.
Mike

boatnam2
04-18-2007, 01:57 PM
oo

shippingguy
04-18-2007, 02:00 PM
im union been in one for24 years but there is evil everywhere...my dads a union glazer(installed glass in high rise building)for 30+ years local 636 he isnt going to be getting a pension well he is getting one but not the 3 or 4k a month of rest of his life but 1100.00 for 2 years because the local embezeled the money.thnaks got for SS and the fact he started his own shop and put away a couple of bucks to live on.
Think you got the wrong thread:D

jbone
04-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Think you got the wrong thread:D
I was scratching my head too. Glad to see I wasn't the only one.
J

shockwaveharry
04-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Having spent all weekend at the boat show I wouldn't characterize any booth as having been standing room only.
Standing room only as compared to custom builders. I understand that total turn out was substantially less then previous years but sunday had some foot traffic. The LA Show was good to most everyone but no one important sold shit last week.
Bayliner broke sales records though... ;)

beaverretriever
04-18-2007, 02:09 PM
When looking at the SPAM section one that is spamming alot used to spam for another company last year the same amount even when sales were better in general.
Hmmm, I wonder who that is. ;)

boatnam2
04-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I was scratching my head too. Glad to see I wasn't the only one.
J
damm you guys are quick i only had it up there 20 seconds before somhow i jumped thread...must be in boat sales!

boatnam2
04-18-2007, 02:10 PM
ahhhhhhh never mind its still up..like i said there is no boat builer like a union boat builder lol!

shippingguy
04-18-2007, 02:11 PM
ahhhhhhh never mind its still up..like i said there is no boat builer like a union boat builder lol!
There you go. Back on track. We will let you slide this time:) :) :D

Pussywhippled
04-18-2007, 02:15 PM
I was kind of funny to see a particular sales person "jump ship" and now selling Magic's...
A boat that I thought was suppose to sell itself.

Pussywhippled
04-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Did anyone see that 22 Eliminator Daytona? Beautiful boat for sure, but 95 thousand bones with a 496?
What's this world comming to?
Truly an amazing boat...
The quality of the gel was astrostupendupulishus for sure, but I do think the new boat prices are out of control...

RiverDave
04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I was kind of funny to see a particular sales person "jump ship" and now selling Magic's...
Which "particular" person, or rather which thread is this in relation too?
RD

BajaMike
04-18-2007, 02:51 PM
No high dollar items "sell themselves"......:idea:

Pussywhippled
04-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Which "particular" person, or rather which thread is this in relation too?
RD
Gone from selling Eliminator's to Magic's...

Pussywhippled
04-18-2007, 02:57 PM
No high dollar items "sell themselves"......:idea:
If your quote was true... There wouldn't be waiting lists...

boatsnblondes
04-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by shippingguy
HUH??????:idea:

Daytona100
04-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Sales are sales everythings for sale.:D