PDA

View Full Version : Anodizing

riverdog
03-29-2002, 08:50 AM
I am getting ready to start on my flatty and shovelnose projects . I was wondering if anybody on the board has had any experience with home anodizing kits like the one from caswell ? Thanks

1quickjet
03-29-2002, 08:52 AM
Not sure about anodizing, but Custom Cruiser does some beautiful powder coating, and explains how to do it at home. It is on the "Its a Sickness" thread on the Jet Performance page.

V-Drive Tom
03-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Riverdog
I dont know about how good a home anodising kit would work, but having the anodising done is not the expensive part. Its mostly in the preperation. ( good polishing) Then you clean your own parts. Then you tell the anodiser NO COSTIC ETCH. so that they dont take away any of the shine. If they do the rest of thier job right you will have that nice shiney color look. Thats my experience with it,having a lot of it done in the past and used to do a LOT of polishing! Hate polishing only do it when I have to now. tom@menkensvdrives.com

Racing Ray
03-30-2002, 06:41 AM
A while back someone submitted this link on anodizing at home. I believe it was originally in Hot Rod Magazine.
anodizing (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml)

GofastRacer
03-30-2002, 07:57 AM
I read that article before, I wonder if it works and how good is it??...