PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cop

HavasuBarney
04-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Are megaphones with sirens going to cause any problems on AZ waters?

Jordy
04-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Only if you get caught. :D :D :D

Jbb
04-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Oh snap.....:D

BrendellaJet
04-19-2007, 09:50 AM
you're still here? How is it that you still have aboat? You should sell that thing and give my brother his money back.

460 jus getn it
04-19-2007, 10:07 AM
you're still here? How is it that you still have aboat? You should sell that thing and give my brother his money back.
Trying to read between the lines here.

RaceFace
04-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Here we go again!
3rd thread today.......where's that popcorn?????

RitcheyRch
04-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Forget the popcorn. I want more red vines. :D

hoolign
04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Advertising isnt illeagal :rolleyes:

hoolign
04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh snap.....:D
Look at JBB sounding all paris hilton...and shit:)
or better yethttp://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28975&d=1177007595

Jbb
04-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Look at JBB sounding all paris hilton...and shit:)
That's Hot
:D

BrendellaJet
04-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Trying to read between the lines here.
trying to get some pix for you.

HCS
04-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Hmmm....Bull horn huh?

460 jus getn it
04-19-2007, 11:10 AM
trying to get some pix for you.
O please do.
Anyone got some more redvines

big jet
04-19-2007, 11:19 AM
nice

Boatcop
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Yes it is.
Sirens are not an approved sound signal for civillain vessels, and only authorized for emergency vessels in emergency or law enforcement situations.

hoolign
04-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes it is.
Sirens are not an approved sound signal for civillain vessels, and only authorized for emergency vessels in emergency or law enforcement situations.
Alan, if I wanted to bring some weed down with me , where wouldn't you look??
What could I use to put the dogs off track?
thanks in advance!

riverbound
04-19-2007, 11:39 AM
thanks in advance!
LMAO :D

707dog
04-19-2007, 11:45 AM
damn there has been some peeps bustin other peeps out on threads the past couple dayz...shit bro lets hear it dont half step us......

Bow Tie Omega
04-19-2007, 11:49 AM
damn there has been some peeps bustin other peeps out on threads the past couple dayz...shit bro lets hear it dont half step us......
Here is the scoop. He charged me $8500 for a new gel coat and floor. The gel coat has over 20 cracks in it. When I finally got hold of him,(I contacted him in jail and when he got out), he told me he could send me to someone who would give me a good deal on the repairs. I paid for professional work and got shit for customer service with a cracked up gel coat. YOu should ask about the boat that was done right before mine (Hack Job).

BrendellaJet
04-19-2007, 11:53 AM
And there you have it!

Boatcop
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Nowhere.
Cocaine. It keeps them away from weed. But you need at least a pound.
thanks in advance!
How much do you think your boat will bring at auction?

460 jus getn it
04-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Popcorn, get your popcorn here.

djunkie
04-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Popcorn, get your popcorn here.
Fat free for you though. :D :D

Jbb
04-19-2007, 12:00 PM
How much do you think your boat will bring at auction?
Look at Hooli ....turning all ..States Evidence ....and shit....lol

707dog
04-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Here is the scoop. He charged me $8500 for a new gel coat and floor. The gel coat has over 20 cracks in it. When I finally got hold of him,(I contacted him in jail and when he got out), he told me he could send me to someone who would give me a good deal on the repairs. I paid for professional work and got shit for customer service with a cracked up gel coat. YOu should ask about the boat that was done right before mine (Hack Job).
:eek: :jawdrop: damn and i take it you got the taillight warranty with that job also??...fok that sux azz!!
oowww ya what about the boat right before yours if ya dont mind me askin????

Jbb
04-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Rd Sux.....................:d

Jetaholic
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Here we go again!
3rd thread today.......where's that popcorn?????
Forget the popcorn. I want some red vines. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28984&stc=1&d=1177013559
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28985&stc=1&d=1177013559

hoolign
04-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Look at Hooli ....turning all ..States Evidence ....and shit....lol
:D I'm gonna have to start a 'what's an acceptible bribe" thread

460 jus getn it
04-19-2007, 12:18 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28984&stc=1&d=1177013559
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28985&stc=1&d=1177013559
Package deal, awesome.:D :D :D :D

hoolign
04-19-2007, 12:27 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/Woodenedsel/Hooli.jpg
i've had a few mods done since then, padded side seat ( i was gonna go drop down bolster but was talked out of it) rails, billet oar rings

Jetaholic
04-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh I almost forgot...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28986&stc=1&d=1177014486

Bow Tie Omega
04-19-2007, 12:37 PM
:eek: :jawdrop: damn and i take it you got the taillight warranty with that job also??...fok that sux azz!!
oowww ya what about the boat right before yours if ya dont mind me askin????
The boat before mine had alot of knicks and cracks in the strakes along the bottom. Barney grinded them out down to the hull and filled them with his "special filler" and did not cover them with mat. Well the owner took the boat out and every single area that barney grinded out and filled on the bottom (close to 40 areas) the filler broke loose and came out off of the boat. The bottom looked like 40 little great whites took bites out of the bottom.
Look, I am not attacking Barney's character. I found him to be a nice guy. And he did work hard on my boat and he came recommended. But, I was quoted $5000-$5500 for him to shoot a new gel coat on my boat, put a bulkhead under the deck, fiberglass the stringers in that I already cut and seated and clean up the bottom of the boat, he said it did not need to be gel coated. ALong the way, I asked him to fiberglass in the floor and add 2 small braces into the gunnels to attach the fuel tanks to. $3500 more for a floor and 2 small braces. I still paid for it because he did work hard. And it did look great when I first picked it up, but he did not touch the bottom and where he stopped shooting gel on the bottom was clearly above the water line, the bottom looked gray next to the white gel. Even then though, I did not bitch, he was getting ready to go to jail and what was supposed to take 3 months took 9. I felt bad for the guy and did not want to be a dick. So I bit it because everything else looked sharp. About 3 weeks later, the first crack appeared. And then another and then another. I have since gel coated the bottom, which turned out clean, no cracks. The only response I have gotten from him is what I posted before about taking it to someone else for a good deal. The older peeps have heard this story many times before and to be honest, it is getting old talking about it, It is a shitty situation. Barney thinks he did nothing wrong and I feel I got the shaft, that is pretty much what he has led me to believe anyways, all I wanted was for him to fix the cracks. I started to finally grind out the bad cracks and fill them, but more showed while I was working on the existing ones. So I stopped. I want to run the boat in rough water and see how bad it is going to be. All of those cracks showed up before the boat ever saw water again and they were all over the boat, some even delaminated from the hull. It has been in calm water once since he did the boat. It will go out again this weekend at Pleasant. I actually am hoping for some rough water. But I am running the boat this summer and will deal with the gel in the winter. Worst case and most probable scenario, hull will be taken down to fiberglass and painted . What sucks is people have flamed me for coming out with this in the past and all I wanted was for him to fix the cracks.

707dog
04-19-2007, 12:45 PM
there it is on the table:) ....sorry didnt mean to have u dig up a old bone on your situation

Bow Tie Omega
04-19-2007, 03:26 PM
It's all good man. $8500 dollar bad lessons sting for a long time.

BrendellaJet
04-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Just think of how much worse this could have been. I could have bought my boat to him!:devil:

Bow Tie Omega
04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
F/U stupido:D :D :D Funny how he always disappears every time we talk about this here.......He will pop up again in another 6 months or so.

BajaMike
04-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Can you really gel coat a used boat?? I thought you gel coat a boat in the mold?:confused:
I would have just painted it.......:idea:

Bow Tie Omega
04-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Can you really gel coat a used boat?? I thought you gel coat a boat in the mold?:confused:
Well, they did it with a spray gun for the past 30 plus years. Gel coating in the mold is new technology.

riverbound
04-19-2007, 08:47 PM
My Old Spectra (Now belongs to Trump tight) had the gel redone when it was 30 years old.... looked good to me ;)
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=29020&stc=1&d=1177044369

Bow Tie Omega
04-19-2007, 09:14 PM
My Old Spectra (Now belongs to Trump tight) had the gel redone when it was 30 years old.... looked good to me ;)
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=29020&stc=1&d=1177044369
NICE!!!!!;)

BajaMike
04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info....I didn't know. I've seen Trump's boat....it is a beauty!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Fat free for you though. :D :D
oh damn:D that was a nasty slap 460:D

BrendellaJet
04-20-2007, 05:53 AM
F/U stupido:D :D :D Funny how he always disappears every time we talk about this here.......He will pop up again in another 6 months or so.
No shiat. Guy has no class:devil:
Step up Barney, prove me wrong!

HavasuBarney
04-20-2007, 06:26 AM
Nice convenient story.
I'm in Havasu and was told about this.
Let’s talk about your boat. If some one else has an issue, I’ll be happy to address that with them.
When you first began calling me about your boat, you told me it was in pristine condition. Needed no body work, there were no cracks. Gel was in good shape you just wanted a color scheme change. I quoted you $3,500 for that type of job.
You brought me a cracked up 25 year old POS. The deck was completely sun checked to shit. The original construction was junk and the boat was covered in cracks not to mention the boat had been painted!
I have lots of pictures should you want me to post them up here.
My big mistake was taking the boat thinking I could fix it.
You also told me you were doing the floor and stringers.
When you brought me the boat, it had ill fitted stringers that you attempted to glass in with epoxy. None of your glass work took but you kept attempting in different locations. In the bilge and then all the way up under the bow. You made a horrible mess of things. You must have read on the internet about micro bubbles and mixed your own filler to seat the stringers. Not only did we have to spend several days grinding out all of your mess, we also had to do the entire stringer job in epoxy.
You fu cked that part of it up badly.
Then you decide you need the floor added, again all in epoxy.
Epoxy is very inexpensive. Go get an estimate on this work, then tell me I was expensive.
Should we then mention you decided to design a new gel scheme in RED!
I did bite off more than I could chew at this point.
When we were close to completetion, I clearly told you if this boat sits out in the sun, we are going to get cracks from this sun checking. It’s almost impossible to run all those cracks down.
We finished several months before I went anywhere. I’ll have to check my dates on completetion.
So here we are now.
It sucks your boat has cracks. I did work my ass off on that boat and it breaks my heart to hear about its condition.
I’ve told you twice now. Take it to someone I know and have the gel cracks fixed on my dime. If the cracks are structural and due to poor boat construction, age or condition of the boat, you might just be out of luck. I’ll still pay for the gel cracks; you pay for the structural corrections.
Your other option is to bring me the boat. I will gladly remove my gel and refund that portion of your money.
Running your mouth like a little biatch has all ready run a tab you can not afford but will have to settle with me in person.
And Brendella, perhaps you need my number and can give me a call if there’s anything you need to work out with me.
First, let’s handle the boat. If you wait until the end of the season, that’s your choice.
:)

707dog
04-20-2007, 06:47 AM
daaaamn...to hell with some popcorn and candy.....maybe you guys should talk about it over a
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/707DOG/corona.jpg

BoatPI
04-20-2007, 06:51 AM
WOW this thead did a 180. Got to love HB threads.

Jbb
04-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Two side to every story......Hi Barn....

Jordy
04-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Running your mouth like a little biatch has all ready run a tab you can not afford but will have to settle with me in person.
Nice!!! :D :D :D
Hi Barney. Did you get the answer you were looking for in regards to the megaphone??? ;)

Bow Tie Omega
04-20-2007, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=HavasuBarney;2512792]Nice convenient story.

Bow Tie Omega
04-20-2007, 10:14 AM

BrendellaJet
04-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Barney lets see the pics you have with the cracks, would be interesting to see. Joe post the pix you have with the cracks in the gel. I saw this boat before and after the work. The cracks we are talking about were not there when the boat had paint on it.
Instead of taking it to someone Barney knows and having it fixed, why not refund a fair amount of the money so Joe can take it to someone he feels is qualified to do the work?

Bow Tie Omega
04-20-2007, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=canuck1;2513483]

Bow Tie Omega
04-20-2007, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=BrendellaJet;2513528]

BowTieOmega
04-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Estimates from other shops does not address the cause of the cracks, gel will crack if the hull has too much movement as well, to many possibilities to guess at the answers.......
Post the pics......both of you can take all the shots you want but as the saying goes "a pic is worth a thousand words". Pics will allow us armchair quarterbacks to draw our own conclusion.
Experts from other shops give expert advice as to what happened as well as solutions. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. All I care about are what experts say, and I have already talked to some.

460 jus getn it
04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
All this talk and there aint been no pics yet. Come on guys.:D

Bow Tie Omega
04-20-2007, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=BowTieOmega;2514163]Experts from other shops give expert advice as to what happened as well as solutions. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. All I care about are what experts say, and I have already talked to some. This issue has gotten way out of hand to handle publicly.....I will attempt to deal with it one on one with HB. If he fails to do so, I will seek other options. WHen I get home I will post a few pics.

BrendellaJet
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Estimates from other shops does not address the cause of the cracks, gel will crack if the hull has too much movement as well, to many possibilities to guess at the answers.......
Post the pics......both of you can take all the shots you want but as the saying goes "a pic is worth a thousand words". Pics will allow us armchair quarterbacks to draw our own conclusion.
A professional can determine the cause of the crack. In fact, he already said a pro looked at it and determined the cause to be poor prep. What else could it be? Whether it was already cracked, or there was some paint there(which we already know was a huge problem causing alligators in the gel when Barney was working on it, etc.) if there was dirt or dust on the boat it should have been fixed beforehand. If the boat was thin and Barney thought that it could potentially crack later he should have informed Joe of this before hand. To my knowledge that did not happen. I have seen this boat, it is a tank. Flexing did not cause this problem.
The boat sat around on the trailor for the last few years. Shortly after he got the boat back it started cracking. as time passed it cracked more. That shouldn't have happened and indicates that there was a problem with the application. This has been well documented on ***boat over the last few years, its not like this thing was brought out to Havasu during spring break and got pounded to death. It has lived a mostly dormant life under a cover for the last few years with periodic work being done to it, which should not have caused this problem.

Bow Tie Omega
04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Look, this is a very frustrating situation for me. I should not have resorted to name calling today like I did. This was not about $500 bucks though, it was a substantial amount of money. I should not have gotten into a pissing match with the guy on the boards. I hope you guys understand just how much this situation sucks for me. I wanted a 24 year old new boat and he told me he could make it happen. That being said, do not believe for one second what the guy wrote about me misrepresenting what went down. I will deal with it privately from here on out if he chooses to do so. I have tried that avenue and up to now have had very little luck. I will post the pics as you all want me to do, I have done it on these boards once before and can not find the thread. ANyways, sorry for all of the drama. But when he posted what he did, I absolutely lost it. Joe
Pic 1 is one of the cracks that is delaminating
Pic 3 is a pair of cracks on the rail over the transom
Pic 5 is on the nose of the boat
Pic 9, I started a repair, did not finish, came back two weeks later and there were more, those are all cracks, not scratches, sorry about the pic quality. The one that is filled was delaminating before I filled it. There are 23 cracks by my last count, varying from one inch in length to one that was almost 40 inches. 3 delaminated and the rest are just cracks. The 40 inch one I grinded out, filled and primered over with white primer so I did not have a 40 inch filler mark sticking out like a sore thumb,it was delaminating from the boat as well. They are all above the rub rail all over the boat, not just localized to just one area.
There are more pics, but you get the jist of it. The boat has not seen sunlight other than one morning on the water two weeks ago and when I have rolled out of the garage onto the driveway to work on it. I was so upset about the cracks, I literally parked the boat for almost 2 years from utter disgust. This was supposed to be my 68 camaro or 32 Highboy, it is a source of frustration at this point. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that the boat will be sanded down to fiberglass in the winter and painted in the same colors.

Havasu1986
04-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Nice Pics.Looks like you could use a new tape measure though.:)

RaceFace
04-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Joe,
You have my admiration on the handling of this. Its too bad it had to come to the thread to help get some attention from Barney. You have showed way more restraint than myself and most people here would have. Your writings were factual and straight to the point. There was definately some anger involved...and rightfully so. Your integrity was insulted in a major way....not to mention your boat AND your wallet. You defended yourself tastefully in my opinion.
There's alot of s**t talkers on the board who don't care what other people think of them....I admire you for not wanting to be one of those. Just my .02¢

v-drive
04-20-2007, 05:17 PM
You have nothing to be sorry for Joe. You are not the one lacking integrity
v-drive

Bow Tie Omega
04-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Joe,
You have my admiration on the handling of this. Its too bad it had to come to the thread to help get some attention from Barney. You have showed way more restraint than myself and most people here would have. Your writings were factual and straight to the point. There was definately some anger involved...and rightfully so. Your integrity was insulted in a major way....not to mention your boat AND your wallet. You defended yourself tastefully in my opinion.
There's alot of s**t talkers on the board who don't care what other people think of them....I admire you for not wanting to be one of those. Just my .02¢
Thanks man. I really appreciate that.

BrendellaJet
04-20-2007, 10:21 PM
:2purples:

v-drive
04-21-2007, 04:42 AM
:2purples:
:chi: