PDA

View Full Version : Fire Systems

TahitiTiger
04-19-2007, 11:17 AM
The other day I was going through mom's garage, and found a 5lb fire system with three nozzles that I had bought for my Formula-Vee. I no longer have the Vee, and was thinking of putting it on the Tahiti. Any one else run one? I figure it has to be good for at least 20hp just like my aluminum valve covers. :D

455Rocket
04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
The other day I was going through mom's garage, and found a 5lb fire system with three nozzles that I had bought for my Formula-Vee. I no longer have the Vee, and was thinking of putting it on the Tahiti. Any one else run one? I figure it has to be good for at least 20hp just like my aluminum valve covers. :D
sounds like overkill for a jet boat...
Why not if you can make it look sano.

76ANTHONY
04-20-2007, 10:27 AM
it better be chrome or its only worth 12hp:D :D

Murray PE 857
04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
I am in the fire systems business, and in mho, 5# of Halon or any other vaporizing liquid in an open engine compartment is better than nothing, but not much. 5# of Dry chem. is a little better but still not much protection.
Make sure you have a reliable fire extinguisher and know how to use it. Do NOT buy extinguishers w/ plastic valves.
Good luck.

boats&bars
04-20-2007, 10:22 PM
whatcha want for it $?

TahitiTiger
04-21-2007, 05:17 PM
The system is a Fire Bottle system. All metal valving, manual control via cable, and I bought the third nozzle. Its a good system, my brother runs one in his 64 Triumph TR4, and 5 years ago it saved his car and him from what could have been a disasterous situation. :D
As for selling it, nope I'm keepin it. If it doesn't go in the Tahiti then its going in the Camaro for Auto-X.