PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about a possible $1500 permit

Rexone
04-19-2007, 07:05 PM
How do you feel about a possible $1500 permit to operate your boat. (http://thelog.com/news/newsview.asp?c=211999)
It is possible.

Racey
04-19-2007, 07:11 PM
This is how i feel about it :D
http://www.mobileimage.com/images/CalvinPiss.jpg

MR.rvrluvr
04-19-2007, 07:15 PM
the words "stick it where the sun don't shine" come to mind:devil:

Garrddogg
04-19-2007, 07:17 PM
I Think its Effin Booshiat!

Tom Brown
04-19-2007, 07:17 PM
My feeling is: Better you than me.
Actually, the tax makes sense. Most boaters are at least somewhat affluent. Governments enjoy money so this really is just a connection of the dots.

YeLLowBoaT
04-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Its BS...

Rexone
04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Actually, the tax makes sense. Most boaters are at least somewhat affluent. Governments enjoy money so this really is just a connection of the dots.
Perhaps once it's a big success here Mr Brown, Canada will see the light too. :D

Focker
04-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Ill Become A Boat Passenger *****

3 daytona`s
04-19-2007, 07:26 PM
The riff-raff it would eliminate is incredible.Site #6 would be available anytime.

Marty Gras
04-19-2007, 07:36 PM
The NMMA, Mercury Marine, ABYC, or some large company that makes money off of pleasure boaters will BUY some lobby people, who will BUY some "motions, who will ........ If the amount were $150, it would go thru tomorrow. I'm just trying to figure out how a pile of cash will prevent the actual problem. I guess it's like the EPA "pollution credits", money VS smog.

Trailer Park Casanova
04-19-2007, 07:36 PM
It's $120 per year to use Glamis and another $120 per year to use Dumont.
Just a matter of time until it hits boating.
CF sticker money will no doubt be taken over by enviros like off road green sticker money just was.

YeLLowBoaT
04-19-2007, 07:41 PM
CF sticker money will no doubt be taken over by enviros like off road green sticker money just was.
I'd bet it ends up in the general fund...( atleast in CA) that way it will be used to take care of illegal aliens...(just like the gas tax thats supose to go to fix the roads... yet ends up in the general fund. )

DeltaSigBoater
04-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Sonofabitch $1500 per boat :devil:

Tom Brown
04-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Perhaps once it's a big success here Mr Brown, Canada will see the light too. :D
Of that, I have no doubt. :D

Tom Brown
04-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Sonofabitch $1500 per boat :devil:
I wonder what Kim Hanson would think of a Canadian version of this tax.

Havasu1986
04-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Good thing I have AZ stickers.:)

77charger
04-20-2007, 07:42 PM
UUMMMM 90 bucks per year at glamis for season pass!!

Rexone
04-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Good thing I have AZ stickers.:)
Being this may be at a federal level those may not help much. :(

lewiville
04-20-2007, 09:58 PM
how about they come up with a solution and then tax us..........

Powerquestboy
04-20-2007, 10:30 PM
I disagree whole heartedly because there are a lot of people that cant afford it. Lots of fisherman, cheap boat peeps that enjoy the water just as much as the average big baller but can only afford a 5000 dollar boat. Boating should not be a utopian activity for the upper eschelon of society. If it floats and its registered it should be an affordable pass time. There are more people that have average boats that use the lake than rich guys with 6 figure boats that use the lake. Remember Havasu is a different game, not the norm. The guy that has a canoe should be able to enjoy as much as the the guy with a 36 Nortech.....just at a slower speed.

CARLSON-JET
04-21-2007, 04:11 AM
Taxation without representation.. $1500 buys alot of bullets... :mad:

OCMerrill
04-21-2007, 04:25 AM
Right on as usual TPC. It's almost like a deal was struck with the enviro's...We will put in pay stations and you can have the money.:idea:
The Sierra Club gives the Sierras a bad name.
That pay system is a joke. Enforced by no one. :rolleyes:

Debbolas
04-21-2007, 05:15 AM
We already pay a yearly fee to use our trailer at Katherines. To park at Lake Mojave and drive our boat all over that lake. Because this is a national park.
What is the $1500 for?
The musscles? The polution? To keep out the jet skiers?
I'm guessing it would be a fee you pay when you register your boat. So all the states involved with lakes would have to agree.

scarabrick2
04-21-2007, 05:30 AM
If you have a closed loop system then you don't have to pay?
the court apparently issued a broader order dictating that any vessel that discharges any fluid - even small recreational vessels that rely on water for engine cooling

SmokinLowriderSS
04-21-2007, 05:56 AM
If you have a closed loop system then you don't have to pay?
the court apparently issued a broader order dictating that any vessel that discharges any fluid - even small recreational vessels that rely on water for engine cooling
Closed loop cooling sucks water from the lake/river, runs it thru the heat exchanger, and puts it back in the lake, so no, NOT exempt.
Folks, look at it for exactly what it is. The latest attempt by the fringe environmentalist groups to end boating.
a coalition of environmental activists in Oregon and California sued the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), charging inadequate enforcement of enforcing the 1972 federal Clean Water Act.
They don't really give a damn about protecting the environment, or "enjoying the environment responsibly", ANY "usage" of the environment is bad, and must be stopped.
Enviro-Nazi fokers who want you and I to revert back to the stone age piss me off.