PDA

View Full Version : I need trailer parts

djunkie
02-07-2006, 10:24 AM
I need some new brakes on my Ellis trailer. Its got drums on the rear axle and the shoes are almost gone. Who would you guys recomend to get the parts from? Would like some place close to the south bay or Long Beach area.

Biglue
02-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I need some new brakes on my Ellis trailer. Its got drums on the rear axle and the shoes are almost gone. Who would you guys recomend to get the parts from? Would like some place close to the south bay or Long Beach area.
Walstrong trailers in Carson borderline Gardena. Ask for Bob. Cool dude and has reasonable prices.

djunkie
02-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Walstrong trailers in Carson borderline Gardena. Ask for Bob. Cool dude and has reasonable prices.
Cool thanks.

djunkie
02-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Ouch!!! Just called them. I'm gonna have to take out a loan to do my brakes. LOL!!!!!!! Its gotta be done though.

Screaming Pete
02-07-2006, 11:12 AM
you could give extreme trailers they work on used also and stand behind thier work

mike37
02-07-2006, 11:23 AM
did you try your local Napa auto part
they should be able to get you breaks for a trailer
or call Ellis and ask them how to get them locally

djunkie
02-07-2006, 11:25 AM
did you try your local Napa auto part
they should be able to get you breaks for a trailer
or call Ellis and ask them how to get them locally
I'll give that a try also. The brakes actually weren't that expensive. I was just bitching cause I'm a cheap ass. :crossx: :crossx:

mike37
02-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I'll give that a try also. The brakes actually weren't that expensive. I was just bitching cause I'm a cheap ass. :crossx: :crossx:
got keep as much $$$ as you can for beer and gas :)

Desert Rat
02-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Try looking around the web for complete kits. Here are a few drum setups The same place also has complete disc setups
Champion trailers (http://)
Complete setups that you just bolt on and bleed
HERE (http://www.championtrailers.com/DRUM%20BRAKE%20KITS.htm)
Call these guys in San Marcos for Disc setup
UFP (http://www.ufpnet.com/PDF/DiscBrakes.PDF)

HOOTER SLED-
02-07-2006, 11:41 AM
I was gonna say that too. It's actually Harbor City. Just down the street from you Dave. And his parts prices are pretty good. He'll have everything you need. Don't be a lazy ass, do it yourself. Bob is a real nice guy. Very helpful. He's an old friend of my Uncle and my Pops. That's where I used to get my stuff D. You know, when I used to live in the shitty South Bay. LOL... :rollside: You can also try Lomita Trailer. On PCH, between Western and Crenshaw. Walstrong will have more stuff though. They are just off of PCH, one block West of Normandie. On a little side street, back behind Pacific Yamaha. Have fun, get your hands dirty beeeeeyotch!!!

djunkie
02-07-2006, 11:43 AM
I was gonna say that too. It's actually Harbor City. Just down the street from you Dave. And his parts prices are pretty good. He'll have everything you need. Don't be a lazy ass, do it yourself. Bob is a real nice guy. Very helpful. He's an old friend of my Uncle and my Pops. That's where I used to get my stuff D. You know, when I used to live in the shitty South Bay. LOL... :rollside: You can also try Lomita Trailer. On PCH, between Western and Crenshaw. Walstrong will have more stuff though. They are just off of PCH, one block West of Normandie. On a little side street, back behind Pacific Yamaha. Have fun, get your hands dirty beeeeeyotch!!!
Ya I think I'll just end up going there since hes got all the stuff already. And do you think my cheap ass would actually pay someone to do it for me? :rollside: :rollside:

Biglue
02-07-2006, 11:48 AM
He actually moved bro. He's now on Figueroa just past the 91 underpass. The property he was on in Harbor City was sold. That place is all new condos now. The first time I dealt with him he was still there actually. BTW he's an old Carson High teacher or coach. He was there while I was there for a year or so.

HOOTER SLED-
02-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Ya I think I'll just end up going there since hes got all the stuff already. And do you think my cheap ass would actually pay someone to do it for me? :rollside: :rollside:
Sounds like you and I are the same. :D I hate payin mofos for doin something I can do. :rollside: I would just buy the complete drums. Faster and easier to do. Lil' bit cheaper too. That's what my plan was. I had to do a lil' part swappin' at the beginning of last season too. Told myself I was just gonna go through and replace everything so it was all new. Shit, I don't even use the damn boat. :rollside: I'd offer to help ya, but you live to damn far now, and who wants to go to Pedro anyways? :crossx:

HOOTER SLED-
02-07-2006, 11:57 AM
He actually moved bro. He's now on Figueroa just past the 91 underpass. The property he was on in Harbor City was sold. That place is all new condos now. The first time I dealt with him he was still there actually. BTW he's an old Carson High teacher or coach. He was there while I was there for a year or so.
Damn!!! That must have just happened this past year. They were there for a long time. It's a shit hole back there. It figures they'd slam some condos back there. Yea, he used to coach with my Uncle. He also coached with my Dad back in the day when my bro was playin ball as a kid. Harbor City Jr. All American.

Biglue
02-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Sounds like you and I are the same. :D I hate payin mofos for doin something I can do. :rollside: I would just buy the complete drums. Faster and easier to do. Lil' bit cheaper too. That's what my plan was. I had to do a lil' part swappin' at the beginning of last season too. Told myself I was just gonna go through and replace everything so it was all new. Shit, I don't even use the damn boat. :rollside: I'd offer to help ya, but you live to damn far now, and who wants to go to Pedro anyways? :crossx:
There is never any parking there. :crossx:

HOOTER SLED-
02-07-2006, 12:00 PM
There is never any parking there. :crossx:
That's cuz everyone dumps their stolen rides up there and take off. :crossx: And it stinks up there too. :crossx:

Biglue
02-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Damn!!! That must have just happened this past year. They were there for a long time. It's a shit hole back there. It figures they'd slam some condos back there. Yea, he used to coach with my Uncle. He also coached with my Dad back in the day when my bro was playin ball as a kid. Harbor City Jr. All American.
Prolly mid to late 04 when he moved. And yeah that place was a shit hole.

Biglue
02-07-2006, 12:02 PM
That's cuz everyone dumps their stolen rides up there and take off. :crossx: And it stinks up there too. :crossx:
Last time I was there parked in front of a house with a ton of cars in the driveway and a fountain in the front yard, some asshole smeared mud all over my truck. :crossx:

BigDogIvan
02-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Champion trailers will have everything for you if you do it yourself. Just DO NOT for ANY REASON buy TieDown hub/rotors. DO some looking and do your self a favor and go with Kodiak rotors and calipers. More expensive but a far better product. UFP is also a good setup. You will also need to replace the master cylinder to match the disk setup. Go Disc!! You will be much happier with the stopping. :cool:

Beautiful Noise
02-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Check with Lomita Trailer supply on PCH they carry a bunch of Trailer stuff Fenders, Axles & Tires they might have Brake stuff also :)

Riverjet502
02-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I am just finishing up putting new brakes on all 4 wheels on my trailer. I live in the mid west and it was cheaper with shipping to go with these folks for me.
http://www.bageco.com/trailerbrakes.htm
It was cheaper I found to buy the whole hydrualic assembly as an assembled unit then to buy the shoes; wheel cylinder, ext. as seperate pieces.
I checked with the locals and gave them first chance but just to much money in difference as I shopped around for the same parts. So I did an internet search and found these folks. They are out of Florida but I noticed the parts were shipped from Texaswhen I recieved them. Go figure!!!

Beautiful Noise
02-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Walstrong will have more stuff though. They are just off of PCH, one block West of Normandie. On a little side street, back behind Pacific Yamaha.
Wallstrong moved, They are on Figueroa St just North of the 91 fwy on the West side of the Street. :)

djunkie
02-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Well since I have been a mechanic for over ten years it is hard to have some one else work on my stuff. And I think I am gonna just buy the complete assemblies. Probably be the last time I ever have to do the brakes anyways. Since it only goes 5 miles back and forth to the launch ramp. :rollside:
Oh and Corona sucks!!! :yuk: :yuk: :crossx:

OGShocker
02-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Ouch!!! Just called them. I'm gonna have to take out a loan to do my brakes. LOL!!!!!!! Its gotta be done though.
Save your money and buy my boat!

djunkie
02-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Save your money and buy my boat!
I can barely afford to pay attention right now then buy a boat. Especially since it looks like I'm moving out finally. :cry:

Biglue
02-07-2006, 02:34 PM
I can barely afford to pay attention right now then buy a boat. Especially since it looks like I'm moving out finally. :cry:
Running from the nieghbors? :crossx:

djunkie
02-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Running from the nieghbors? :crossx:
Not even. It's just time to go I think.

Biglue
02-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Not even. It's just time to go I think.
Ah I see. So it was the "son, you're 40 years old" talk huh? :D

djunkie
02-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Ah I see. So it was the "son, you're 40 years old" talk huh? :D
Ya but from Mom and not Dad. I'm pretty sure Dad isn't too happy with her about it either. I was really close to being ready to buy something too. Now thats all F-ed up and it looks like apartment time.

Biglue
02-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Ya but from Mom and not Dad. I'm pretty sure Dad isn't too happy with her about it either. I was really close to being ready to buy something too. Now thats all F-ed up and it looks like apartment time.
Damn, moms are usually the ones who don't want to see you leave.
I'm sure you'll find something within your means bro.

djunkie
02-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Damn, moms are usually the ones who don't want to see you leave.
I'm sure you'll find something within your means bro.
Ya I'm not too worried about it. I was hoping I would be getting into a house instead though

Biglue
02-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Ya I'm not too worried about it. I was hoping I would be getting into a house instead though
There is always 1st street below Pacific. :D

djunkie
02-07-2006, 03:51 PM
There is always 1st street below Pacific. :D
I pretty sure my budget would allow me a little better area than that. :)