PDA

View Full Version : just checking is there any "GOOD NEWS" in the news

lewiville
04-20-2007, 05:09 PM
I was just on CNN.COM and all I could see was bad news. so I was thinking to myself .... " self, is there any good news on the news"?
just wondering?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-20-2007, 05:18 PM
we are happy, healthy and summer is on the way..:D :D :D :D

lewiville
04-20-2007, 05:34 PM
AWESOME.......................thanks MRS FLYIN VEEE. only one thing..it rained on my parade today :confused: :confused:

uvindex
04-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I was just on CNN.COM and all I could see was bad news. so I was thinking to myself .... " self, is there any good news on the news"?
just wondering?If you Google "good news" you'll see there are lots of sites dedicated to just that subject. (They tend to focus on good news that fits their agendas, however, for example they might be "green" or Christian sites so keep that in mind.) But even on CNN, if you click on tabs like "Technology" or "Offbeat" you'll often find stuff that one might consider good news. :)

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
04-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes, river season is on the way. How's that?
Oh yeah, and Jenna Jameson is in my avatar!!
And, gas went down a couple cents today.
And...hmmm, think I have some leftover beer from Easter...'bout a case or so.
As I see it, things are looking up. Don't look to see what's going on in the world, look to see what's going on in your world!!
Boat, beer, healthy family and money in your pocket! That sounds like good news!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-20-2007, 05:36 PM
AWESOME.......................thanks MRS FLYIN VEEE. only one thing..it rained on my parade today :confused: :confused:
LIKE ANNIE SAID.
the sun will come out tomorrow.. bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow :D :D
sorry I am off key.:D

Flyinbowtie
04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
There ya go, Mrs Vee. Right on.
Good news? On TV?
Probably very little, good news would make you think some things might be okay, and we all know lot's of people don't make any money or gain any power under those circumstances.
Good News?
Well, my eldest son is going to graduate from HVAC-R Training in Reno next month, he's got one good job and others are a-headhuntin' him. The U.S. Army was the best thing he ever did, and that's his opinion as well as mine.
My youngest son, whom we almost lost at birth., and whom we were told would be disabled to the point where we would be tying his shoes for him for life is going to graduate from H.S. in June, a year late but he's gonna do it, he's got his own wheels and a sweet girlfriend, and is baggin' groceries after school.
Times are tough, and the world isn't as safe as we once thought it was, and my back hurts like hell for some reason today, but there is some good news out there. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Good news? On TV?
Probably very little, good news would make you think some things might be okay, and we all know lot's of people don't make any money or gain any power under those circumstances.
Good News?
Well, my eldest son is going to graduate from HVAC-R Training in Reno next month, he's got one good job and others are a-headhuntin' him. The U.S. Army was the best thing he ever did, and that's his opinion as well as mine.
My youngest son, whom we almost lost at birth., and whom we were told would be disabled to the point where we would be tying his shoes for him for life is going to graduate from H.S. in June, a year late but he's gonna do it, he's got his own wheels and a sweet girlfriend, and is baggin' groceries after school.
Times are tough, and the world isn't as safe as we once thought it was, and my back hurts like hell for some reason today, but there is some good news out there. :D
wow.. congrats to your son.. That is great.:D

Flyinbowtie
04-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks...
I get pissy sometimes, dealin' with this forced retirment shiznit, but I still got my wife, my kids, my house and our little SkiSanger, and, like ya said, summer is a-comin.
Seems like just yesterday I wandered into RRL:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks...
I get pissy sometimes, dealin' with this forced retirment shiznit, but I still got my wife, my kids, my house and our little SkiSanger, and, like ya said, summer is a-comin.
Seems like just yesterday I wandered into RRL:)
I haven't seen RRL in soooooo long.:jawdrop:

lewiville
04-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Good news? On TV?
Good News?
Thats a total blessing.
My daughter was the same way. Today she is 6 and plays soccer, does summer salts all over the place.
Sometimes you just have to step back and look around and see. Thats one of the reasons I love going to the river. It takes my mind off of the crap that goes on around us.

JetBoatRich
04-21-2007, 06:31 AM
still charming as always:D

lewiville
04-21-2007, 06:33 AM
still charming as always:D
"hey", how the hell did you get to 25k post count?

JetBoatRich
04-21-2007, 06:42 AM
"hey", how the hell did you get to 25k post count?
Takes lots of practice:D

lewiville
04-21-2007, 06:50 AM
Takes lots of practice:D
I see. would the proverbial "hand eye coordination" practice:eek:

JetBoatRich
04-21-2007, 06:53 AM
I see. would the proverbial "hand eye coordination" practice:eek:
sure that has something to do with it:D

lewiville
04-21-2007, 06:58 AM
sure that has something to do with it:D
LOL

JetBoatRich
04-21-2007, 07:29 AM
LOL
you got it now:D

lewiville
04-21-2007, 07:35 AM
you got it now:D
yup, post post post:D :D

909punk
04-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I go here once in a while.
http://www.happynews.com/

HM
04-21-2007, 09:51 AM
just wondering?
I just saved a ton of money on my auto insurance with Geico.
Just kidding...Geico sucks. :D
But, you make a very valid point. Not only is the news obsesses with doom and gloom (can't blame 'em cuz it sells), they are also obessed with celebrities(again it sells). The news used to pride themselves on mostly serious issues, but then they had to compete with all the sensationalized crap...so they all sold out.
My solution? I don't have t.v. service in my house...no antenna, no cable, no satelite...nuthin except vidoes in our t.v.! How do we get our news? We get the WSJ, I listen to AM radio a bit, and online where we can pick and choose the stories we want to read...just like news. The WSJ runs articles on celebrities and so forth...but I can choose to ignore them. Because we don't have any t.v. service...we don't leave the t.v. on for "background noise." One side effect of not having the t.v. on is that I have 4 kids within 6 years. :D

lewiville
04-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I just saved a ton of money on my auto insurance with Geico.
Just kidding...Geico sucks. :D
But, you make a very valid point. Not only is the news obsesses with doom and gloom (can't blame 'em cuz it sells), they are also obessed with celebrities(again it sells). The news used to pride themselves on mostly serious issues, but then they had to compete with all the sensationalized crap...so they all sold out.
My solution? I don't have t.v. service in my house...no antenna, no cable, no satelite...nuthin except vidoes in our t.v.! How do we get our news? We get the WSJ, I listen to AM radio a bit, and online where we can pick and choose the stories we want to read...just like news. The WSJ runs articles on celebrities and so forth...but I can choose to ignore them. Because we don't have any t.v. service...we don't leave the t.v. on for "background noise." One side effect of not having the t.v. on is that I have 4 kids within 6 years. :D
That is funny because I'm dealing with Gieco right now on that accident I was just in with my new Sub.