PDA

View Full Version : Holy Deadlines Batman !!

TheCarDudes
04-21-2007, 08:42 AM
We're moving in 3 weeks. I can't believe how much crap one can accumulate. And it's nice crap too. I really need to start sticking to the 6 month rule. I just know as soon as I throw something away I'll need it 2 weeks later. And, to put a little more stress on the family, we're doing the hotel thing for at least one week between houses. Yikes.
I think that is why we enjoy our Havasu home so much. Nicely decorated but NO CRAP! Only the boat and golf cart in the garage.
Anyone else a pack rat or do you keep a clean and tidy ship?

Not So Fast
04-21-2007, 09:25 AM
We're moving in 3 weeks. I can't believe how much crap one can accumulate. And it's nice crap too. I really need to start sticking to the 6 month rule. I just know as soon as I throw something away I'll need it 2 weeks later. And, to put a little more stress on the family, we're doing the hotel thing for at least one week between houses. Yikes.
I think that is why we enjoy our Havasu home so much. Nicely decorated but NO CRAP! Only the boat and golf cart in the garage.
Anyone else a pack rat or do you keep a clean and tidy ship?
I thought I was being good at the 5 year rule but my wife has a definite problem with the "pack rat" syndrome and it has caused some serious problems because i'm the opposite. At least the Garage is my domain and I keep it fairly uncluttered but I hear ya on the "pack rat" deal!!:( NSF

boatsnblondes
04-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Rent a dumpster....

Flyinbowtie
04-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I cleaned out the garage using the 5 year rule a couple of years ago, the exception being car parts for various projects.
Moving is a nightmare I don't even want to think about. Cindy has this thing, for aahh, Christmas decorations. I am surprised the ceiling hasn't caved in as the entire attic is jammed to the gills with Christmas shiznit. Since she never goes up there, or actually brings it all down, she has no idea how much she really has.
It will be a dumpster if we ever move. Between her stuff and all the Toyota
4x4 crap I seem to be storing for my sons, I need another tuff shed just for my Critically Important And Priceless Car Stuff.
And don't believe what she tells you about my Hot Wheels Collection.:rolleyes: