PDA

View Full Version : great... jury duty again.

YeLLowBoaT
04-21-2007, 12:46 PM
I've been called for jury duty all but 2 years since I was 18( 1st time was 3 days after I turned 18 and got stuck on a double murder case)... only once have I not gotton on a case. yet I know people in thier 70s that have never been called... They must like me or something.

dumbandyoung
04-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I've been called for jury duty all but 2 years since I was 18( 1st time was 3 days after I turned 18 and got stuck on a double murder case)... only once have I not gotton on a case. yet I know people in thier 70s that have never been called... They must like me or something.
I got one a week after i turned 18. sucks. Ive never gone. If it isnt certified mail.. i never got it;)

Havasu1986
04-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I have always gotten out of it with a letter from my company stating that I won't get paid. Didn't work last time and never got called. The Santa Ana jury room has hook ups for lap tops. So you can be on H.B. the whole time.:)

YeLLowBoaT
04-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I got one a week after i turned 18. sucks. Ive never gone. If it isnt certified mail.. i never got it;)
and when you get arested years from now thanks to a blown tail light... remember you said that.

YeLLowBoaT
04-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I have always gotten out of it with a letter from my company stating that I won't get paid. Didn't work last time and never got called. The Santa Ana jury room has hook ups for lap tops. So you can be on H.B. the whole time.:)
I've tried that in the past... it did not work to well... this year I am self empolyeed with 0 full time employees. So hopfully that will get me off, sadly I'm not the sole source of income in my household( I pay everything but food).
Last time I was called I got put on "stand by" had to go to work, then call in at lunch to see if I need to come in... The gaurds were not too happy when I brought my side arm locked in a case to the front desk( conceiled carry was part of my job,) They made me 45 mins late getting to the jurry room, had to get the head guy come up and straitin things out. Didn't have a choice, work would not lock up the side arm and I was on light rail to get there...I have to admit it was the 1st time I ever felt safe on that train( time before I watched some one get shot 3x in the head)

dumbandyoung
04-21-2007, 01:00 PM
and when you get arested years from now thanks to a blown tail light... remember you said that.
that wont happen. they are not as strict as most would think. my neighbor is a judge.

Wheeler
04-21-2007, 01:41 PM
that wont happen. they are not as strict as most would think. my neighbor is a judge.
Uh huh, Tell it to the Judge!

Parker Dreamin
04-21-2007, 02:35 PM
this is the truth, they select a certain % that do not respond the the first mailing and send them out certified.... if you do not respond to the certified then you are in trouble... of course, this is just what a friend told me.

Tequila-John
04-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I have to go 5-8-07 :(

rsoscia
04-21-2007, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=YeLLowBoaT;2515344]I've tried that in the past... it did not work to well... this year I am self empolyeed with 0 full time employees. So hopfully that will get me off, sadly I'm not the sole source of income in my household( I pay everything but food).
I tried this last year told them I'm self employed with no employees to do the work. I own my own A/C shop and if my customers call and I can't get to them they will call someone else. It didn't work , they said i still had to appear. I called the day befor and the message said i was excussed. This was in the middle of summer, my busy time of the year.