PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angel Crash

Bow Tie Omega
04-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Reports are coming in now that one of the Blue Angels have crashed at Beufort MCAS in SOuth Carolina. Early reports indicate that the jet clipped power lines and crashed into a home. They are also saying that the pilot is deceased in the aircraft. Sad day. We are saying a prayer for the pilot, his family and the entire Blue Angels Team:(

Jbb
04-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Bad start to the airshow season.....they are seat of the pants fliers...and among the best in the world......they never even reference the instruments they have ...as they fly ahead of them......very sad...:(

Flyinbowtie
04-21-2007, 01:42 PM
It is on Fox News right now....:(

brianwhiteboy
04-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Reports are coming in now that one of the Blue Angels have crashed at Beufort MCAS in SOuth Carolina. Early reports indicate that the jet clipped power lines and crashed into a home. They are also saying that the pilot is deceased in the aircraft. Sad day. We are saying a prayer for the pilot, his family and the entire Blue Angels Team:(
sucks about the crash....but CNN's report is saying that the pilot is possibly alive and didn't crash near any houses...keep our fingers crossed!
(CNN) -- A jet flying in formation with the U.S. Navy Blue Angels precision flying team crashed Saturday during an air show near Beaufort, South Carolina, authorities said.
"I was told [the pilot] was alive, but I can't confirm that," a South Carolina state trooper speaking on condition of anonymity told CNN.
The officer said he and other state troopers were assisting the Marine Corps air station, which was putting on the show, by rerouting traffic around the crash site -- "which is said to not be around any houses -- so they can get the pilot out."
Several hospitals said they had received no casualties.
Eyewitness Gerald Popp said the six jets had been flying for about five minutes before one of them turned south, toward the Broad River.
"I saw him go down lower than the trees, and next I saw a big black, cloud of smoke," said Popp, who lives in Beaufort.
CNN meteorologists said the weather in Beaufort, which is near Savannah, was clear today.

Bow Tie Omega
04-21-2007, 01:44 PM
A Navy spokesman just confirmed the death according to Fox. Wish you were right and he had made it.

boatsnblondes
04-21-2007, 01:46 PM
#6 jet....

Chipster27
04-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Wow! My brother just finished his tour with the Blue Angles. Sad to hear this happened. God Speed. Semper Fi

SmokinLowriderSS
04-21-2007, 03:09 PM
A sad day. :(