View Full Version : Ufc

NOTALENT
04-21-2007, 05:50 PM
You aint gonna believe the outcome.....:eek:
Heres a uplink through europe to watch!
http://dnevnik.hr/naslovnica/vijesti/sport/20070421_15882_44494.php

Garrddogg
04-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Wholly Shiat!! I Woulda Bet The House On Crocop Too!

NashvilleBound
04-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Cheick Congo kicked that guys ass.
Terry Edem(sp) won by submission choke.
Great fights so far...these guys will make good additions to the UFC!!

98 Vector 21
04-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Och! :sqeyes:

Racey
04-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Holy Kick!!! that was badass:D

Dave4XTC
04-21-2007, 06:49 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop:

Coach
04-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Holy Crap I thought Cro Cop was the baddest guy on the planet after what he did to Fedor now this!!!!

epeagle
04-21-2007, 08:16 PM
always love an underdog...
i would of love to see gonzaga submit him.
but like randy did with this win..his opponents wont be sure what to do, stand up or go to he ground

sponger_2
04-21-2007, 10:21 PM
fedor is still the baddest mofo around. his ONLY loss is to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka back in 2000. cro cop got knocked the hell out, and did you see his ankle. im calling bs on that bisping/elvis fight. the ref stopped it way to early. but hey, that were in that guys home town or country so they tossed him a bone.

Charley
04-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow..... Gonzaga looks like he could match up to just about anyone in the HW division....If that guy would lean up 15 lbs he might just sit on top:idea:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/core619/gabriel-gonzaga_mirko-filipovic.gif

GrapeApe
04-22-2007, 03:08 AM
fedor is still the baddest mofo around. his ONLY loss is to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka back in 2000. cro cop got knocked the hell out, and did you see his ankle. im calling bs on that bisping/elvis fight. the ref stopped it way to early. but hey, that were in that guys home town or country so they tossed him a bone.
Where we watching the same fight? :idea: Sinosic got destroyed, and was taking a beating. It was a very good Stopage..:D
*** Grape Ape ***

NashvilleBound
04-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Wow..... Gonzaga looks like he could match up to just about anyone in the HW division....If that guy would lean up 15 lbs he might just sit on top:idea:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/core619/gabriel-gonzaga_mirko-filipovic.gif
Yo Charley, How many thousands of times is Cro Cop gotta watch that one replay??? What a kick!! Never thought it would have turned out like that. But it will make for a great rematch for sure!

moneypit
04-22-2007, 06:49 AM
I have always felt CroCop's game would limited in the cage instead of the ring.
WAR GONZAGA!
Couture vs Gonzaga: Gonzaga by pain..

AZJD
04-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Couture get better by age it seems. I don't think he will get beat for a fight or two. He is the only one of late to even challenge Liddell. I think Liddell will beat Rampage and move up to fight couture. Is it possible to hold belts in 2 weight classes in UFC?

mmered8299
04-22-2007, 08:58 AM
I was reading some of this about Russel Pike and XYIENCE.
http://www.unlimitedfightnews.com/id16.html

rivrrts429
04-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Couture get better by age it seems. I don't think he will get beat for a fight or two. He is the only one of late to even challenge Liddell. I think Liddell will beat Rampage and move up to fight couture. Is it possible to hold belts in 2 weight classes in UFC?
Dan Henderson from Pride holds two belts from two different weight classes, should be coming to UFC soon (since the merger) so I would have to say yes you can hold two belts.

rivrrts429
04-22-2007, 09:11 AM
im calling bs on that bisping/elvis fight. the ref stopped it way to early. but hey, that were in that guys home town or country so they tossed him a bone.
Not sure you saw the same fight, arent they both from England? I could be wrong. But Elvis got his ass handed to him.

Garrddogg
04-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Not sure you saw the same fight, arent they both from England? I could be wrong. But Elvis got his ass handed to him.
Elvis is from australia

rivrrts429
04-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Elvis is from australia
same thing:D :D :D
thanks for the help, that accent throws me off:D

sponger_2
04-22-2007, 11:18 AM
yea, seen the same fight. bisping was winning the fight, but not enough to stop it like the ref did. elvis was blocking himself intelligentlly. right when elvis got reveresed he wasnt blocking himself, but then started to. crappy call imo. p.s. that arlovski fight was one of the most boring fights. you guys agree?

Charley
04-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Yo Charley, How many thousands of times is Cro Cop gotta watch that one replay??? What a kick!! Never thought it would have turned out like that. But it will make for a great rematch for sure!
It's interesting over at sherdog.net right now... somebody had this to post about Cro Cop and that kick, and here was my response
Originally Posted by CC's left foot
One thing I cannot understand is: how can Cro Cop have fought the best kickboxers in the WORLD like Hoost, Hug, etc, etc and not get KO'd like that. It makes no sense that an amateur kickboxer could get a shot in at that time. I guess it's what they call the "puncher's chance".
My response : Because those kickboxers didn't just take him down, ground and pound and elbow him for 3 minutes straight..... it's called getting in someones head...he was "perplexed" standing there and was thinking about 999 things that could happen next or what next to do ... this kick from Gonzaga wasn't in that top 999
If you look at the video he was blocking what he thought would be a body kick...I'm sure he was also aware he was about to be one round down in a 3 round fight... I think the last thing anyone thought Gonzaga would attempt is Cro Cops Signature move on the "GOD of high kicks to the head" ... Unfortunately for Crop Cop the collateral damage could be a very serious long term, possibly career ending injury to his knee, ankle or worse he might get tenative in the ring after getting KTFO like Arlovski and Tito have seem to become after getting KTFO:idea: No offense to arlovski and Tito fans they are good fighters but they used to be a lot more fun to watch when they thought they were invicible :D

AirtimeLavey
04-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Where we watching the same fight? :idea: Sinosic got destroyed, and was taking a beating. It was a very good Stopage..:D
*** Grape Ape ***
I agree, just because the guy was still covering up, he wasn't covering very well, and was doing nothing else other than taking a beating. When he stunned Bisping, he couldn't do anything w/it because he was tired and beat up.
It's interesting over at sherdog.net right now... somebody had this to post about Cro Cop and that kick, and here was my response
Originally Posted by CC's left foot
One thing I cannot understand is: how can Cro Cop have fought the best kickboxers in the WORLD like Hoost, Hug, etc, etc and not get KO'd like that. It makes no sense that an amateur kickboxer could get a shot in at that time. I guess it's what they call the "puncher's chance".
My response : Because those kickboxers didn't just take him down, ground and pound and elbow him for 3 minutes straight..... it's called getting in someones head...he was "perplexed" standing there and was thinking about 999 things that could happen next or what next to do ... this kick from Gonzaga wasn't in that top 999
If you look at the video he was blocking what he thought would be a body kick...I'm sure he was also aware he was about to be one round down in a 3 round fight... I think the last thing anyone thought Gonzaga would attempt is Cro Cops Signature move on the "GOD of high kicks to the head" ... Unfortunately for Crop Cop the collateral damage could be a very serious long term, possibly career ending injury to his knee, ankle or worse he might get tenative in the ring after getting KTFO like Arlovski and Tito have seem to become after getting KTFO:idea: No offense to arlovski and Tito fans they are good fighters but they used to be a lot more fun to watch when they thought they were invicible :D
Exactly. You could see CC dropping the arm to defend a lower kick and it went over the defense and connected. Looking forward to Gonzaga/Couture.
Heck of a choke out by the skinny dude and getting some g & p.

rivrrts429
04-22-2007, 02:22 PM
good thing Gonzaga's leg is stronger than this guys...GOT MILK!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9avT0e5KPPU

CARLSON-JET
04-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I have Comcast cable.. They blacked out Spike-Tv ch49 last night... Thanks Notso-Comcastic.. :mad:
I apprecieate the footage you posted NOTALENT!! TY :)
For those that missed it if interested I believe it will be replayed monday night on spike again.. I wonder if they will black that out also.?? :(

djunkie
04-22-2007, 02:40 PM
I have Comcast cable.. They blacked out Spike-Tv ch49 last night... Thanks Notso-Comcastic.. :mad:
I apprecieate the footage you posted NOTALENT!! TY :)
For those that missed it if interested I believe it will be replayed monday night on spike again.. I wonder if they will black that out also.?? :(
That sucks. We have Cox and they showed it. Oh and Cro Cop got KNOCKED THE FOCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

unleashed
04-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Man I had my money on crocop. Cro is usually calm until he figures out what he's gonna do. Unfortunatly he waited a little to long in this fight. That was a devastating K.O.
Thats what makes UFC interesting...One punch can change everything even when you're a huge underdog. I mean look at Serra..no one gave him a chance either. Lots of upsets lately! Good stuff and fun to watch.
Deano
UnleashedhardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
UnleashedMyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)

NOTALENT
04-22-2007, 03:08 PM
The fights are now going to be getting alot more exciting now that the Pride Fighters are coming over. Alot of the ex champs are fighting alot more cautiously (boring) since they lost there belts. These guys coming after them are hungry and getting the job done.

Charley
04-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Man I had my money on crocop. Cro is usually calm until he figures out what he's gonna do. Unfortunatly he waited a little to long in this fight. That was a devastating K.O.
Thats what makes UFC interesting...One punch can change everything even when you're a huge underdog. I mean look at Serra..no one gave him a chance either. Lots of upsets lately! Good stuff and fun to watch.
Deano
UnleashedhardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
UnleashedMyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)
Good points Deano

One Particular Harbor
04-23-2007, 09:36 AM
I thought Gonzaga looked like a monster out there. He just dominated Cro Cop on the ground, though he took a hell of a kick coming in for the take down. However, that round-house kick came out of nowhere and Cro Cop was out on his feet, which is why his leg folded the way it did. Frankly, I was really surprised that he was standing after the fight the way that ankle twisted around. Most telling comment after the fight was Couture basically saying he would have preferred to fight Cro Cop, as he thought that was a better match-up for his style of fighting. Cro Cop has good ground defense, but didn't show a lot of escapability.
Regarding the Bisping fight, I thought the referee did the right thing in stopping it. Elvis was so gassed that he couldn't finish the kimora after he had stunned Bisping and then wasn't really defending himself when Bisping reversed and mounted. Fight was over and Elvis' face looked the worse for wear. Good stoppage.
OPH

little rowe boat
04-23-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm shocked. Cro cop never even through a punch. It was fixed.