PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures from Nostalgia Races and show at Banks Lake

72 superlite
07-13-2002, 10:33 PM
http://community.webshots.com/user/superlite72 Posted some of my pictures from the Nostalgia Circle Races and boat show. a GREAT WEEKEND thanks Circle Jerk for putting it on.

boatguy222
07-14-2002, 06:55 AM
Hey Rick,
Nice pictures (although I did see any of my boat) Are you coming to Scooteney Res next weekend? we are racing again.

CircleJerk
07-15-2002, 09:35 PM
SuperLiteeeeee!!!! Great pictures! I appreciate your saving these shots for all to see. We havent been able to scan ours or buy a digital. A sad news tidbit: the sanger pickel fork with a blown 427 and shotgun injectors made its last show at this event. The owner who had just saved this piece from a cold 25 year storage session was killed by a drunk driver in front of his own house just last week. I dont know the fate of the boat but the former owner will be terribly missed here in Spokane, Wn. He also had some bad luck at the race. On an early morning shake down cruise he ran it out of alcohol and broke the fresh engine! Thanks again for your support and the great shots!!!!!!!Jerkster Ps: hope to meet you this week-end at Scootney!

blondebombshell
07-16-2002, 12:47 PM
Superlite! Loved you pictures. It was great fun to see that someone had been and took the time to download these Nostalgic boats for everyone else to enjoy. Scootney Reservoir is going to be great. We are expecting at least 12 boats, maybe more, we will see. Hope to see you there!
RAS

CircleJerk
09-07-2002, 12:26 AM
72 superlite:
http://community.webshots.com/user/superlite72 Posted some of my pictures from the Nostalgia Circle Races and boat show. a GREAT WEEKEND thanks Circle Jerk for putting it on.Superlite: Where have you been??? How about being our photographer at Moses Lake?? I'll put my passenger seat in! Is you camera waterproof? Everyone here would like to see your great pictures dont you think?? Dont'be shy now and expect to see more Sangers circle racing than anyone would believe! It's FREE too. FREE admission and FREE potluck dinner on Saturday! Bring your pictures and some GOOD lies. eek! JERK

CircleJerk
02-12-2003, 12:42 AM
JeRks new boat is the #1 and #4 pictures of Banks Lake 2002. It's a 1974 AquaCraft Gull {Beisemeyer} style with lapstrakes. Does anyone out there have set up experience with these Volk-Rusty race boats? Harlan Orrin made the mold and told me a little bit about the fierce competition coming from Skip at AquaCraft directed at the hot circle boats of the day. I have heard this hull is quite rare and I am glad to get it back, it rides like a tunnel boat! It has a balsa parkay floor, narrow stringers and 36 gallons of fuel capacity. Only two gauges: Tach and oil pressure! I will be replacing the small block with my big block and replacing the cav plate and stuffing box with new ones. Should I place the engine at 30 inches forward {v-drive is at 95"}? Thanks to all those who helped get the spinning bald guy a piece to thrash on! AqUaJeRk smile_sp

FlatRacer
02-12-2003, 06:50 PM
CJerk:
Is the white boat in the Banks Lake Webshots that Continental/Mandella we were talking about, you know, the one from your video?
FR :p

CircleJerk
02-12-2003, 11:56 PM
Yes, that's the Continental that sold at that race. What's happening up Northeast? AAre you coming to the next one??? Stacking trailer would do nicely. Bring Sked with you for laughs. He needs a break! AquAJeRk smile_sp

CircleJerk
03-27-2003, 08:16 AM
Howdy! Here are the pics from last years 'Boat Racer Reunion Regatta'! and yes, this is the same weekend as Camp Far West V-drive Bash! Oh well, maybe next year. This year will be the same format with golf, a color armada {presentation of Old Glory} with v-drives, boat show, dance, potluck dinner, hot rod cruise, VIPs galore, poker run {no host for cash}, pub crawl, and a wild circle RACE! Does CFW have all of this? Just one JeRks opinion!! smile_sp

videoking211
03-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Hey Thats a really cool slide show smile_sp Your nostalgia races look like a lot of fun :D without a lot of politics how does someone get into this. :) Do you guys let anyone come and race. is there any engine spec. requirements or can you run anything. :D :D :D

BILLY.B
03-27-2003, 06:21 PM
videoking211:
Hey Thats a really cool slide show smile_sp Your nostalgia races look like a lot of fun :D without a lot of politics how does someone get into this. :) Do you guys let anyone come and race. is there any engine spec. requirements or can you run anything. :D :D :D Obviously my the number of responses you've received to your question, nobody wants to play with you yuk . And just as well you don't go up north to Washington cause the BLONDE BOMBER would run right through you. Then again why polute the water with your filth eek!

videoking211
03-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Dude why are you slammin me all over the forum :mad: 1 Joke on v-drive and Im banished from all racing :confused: :confused: I think you just dont like people from No Cal :( I think it would be fun to race without any of the tippical politics :) And it sounds like theyve accomplished that. smile_sp K-11 is that a wanna be K boat. I dont beleive I've ever seen that one at thge races :o

BILLY.B
03-27-2003, 06:37 PM
videoking211:
Dude why are you slammin me all over the forum :mad: 1 Joke on v-drive and Im banished from all racing :confused: :confused: I think you just dont like people from No Cal :( I think it would be fun to race without any of the tippical politics :) And it sounds like theyve accomplished that. smile_sp K-11 is that a wanna be K boat. I dont beleive I've ever seen that one at thge races :o Your right, you probably haven't seen it at the races, I ran the boat before your time. I ran the boat for three years 87-90, I'm sure you were all of about 3yrs old, and you spell like you are still that old!!!

hondo sanger
03-28-2003, 10:38 AM
great pictures, also their was one of my hondo r. b. thanks again AL

blondie#1
03-31-2003, 08:16 PM
videoking211:
Hey Thats a really cool slide show smile_sp Your nostalgia races look like a lot of fun :D without a lot of politics how does someone get into this. :) Do you guys let anyone come and race. is there any engine spec. requirements or can you run anything. :D :D :D Yes! Anyone can come and race with us. No hard feelings, what is past is past. Let's move on. There are a few rules you need to follow. The engine must be carberated or injected (no blown motors), must be gas powered. The motor cannot exceed 500 cubic inches. Must have a flywheel cover for both left and right hand turning props. Must have a working kill switch. Quick releases are recommend but not required. Numbers must be on boat and trailers. No delamination on floors or (I can't think of the name right now)Oh yeah, stringers. Gas tanks must be secured. If you have race with APBA, you should pass. Oh yeah! One vital piece of info. You must have a receipt showing (and duplicate)that the prop, shaft and rudder have been magnafluxed or ultra sound tested. If must be signed by the person or business who passed these parts. These people can get a waver to not hold them accountable if something does happen to any of the said parts. If you have anymore questions just either post on this site or email me. Have a great day! :D wink

CircleJerk
04-01-2003, 12:55 AM
Ah the little woman got out of the kitchen again! She forgot to mention we are restricted to 80 miles per hour average. So far, we have hit 70 on the short 3/4 mile oval so unless you have an animal, you should be fine. We also require abrasion cut resistant suits made of Kevlar or Cordura which must cover arms, legs and torso. This, in addition to the magnafluxing certification, is the major difference between us and them:{APBA} We welcome all those who run for the fun of it and follow the rules of our Bracket Style of racing. All boats time in and race only within their 6 boat field twice a day, two times for the weekend and their points totals determines the overall winners for ALL flatbottom classes. You may also choose to run for the Cash presented at the end of the year through the National Boat Racing Association. JeRk PS: more spam: the cost to the racer, $20 bucks per day!!! Free admission for everyone else! That's right, spectators and vendors smile_sp are FREE! smile_sp

CircleJerk
05-10-2003, 12:27 AM
FlatRacer:
CJerk:
Is the white boat in the Banks Lake Webshots that Continental/Mandella we were talking about, you know, the one from your video?
FR :p Hey Flat, You're not going to believe this! This boat made several laps at our practice session with its new owner thrilled at the prospect of racing in our Nosty class! No down pedal didnt deter him and when the boat shifts, it throws passengers overboard! The former owner will have to race against his old boat with his Sanger with a slight disadvantage since its in the fast class. You should have seen the Rookies face when he climbed out! Bit it hook, line, and sinker! Slam-dunk new racer.....I love this job. smile_sp