PDA

View Full Version : Cars

Community
04-22-2007, 05:44 AM
What cars are out there that can take 2 car seats and a booster in one row? Anybody have a TDI Toureg and if so feedback? Mileage? If you have 3 car seats, what do you drive? The wife does not want a fullsize SUV as its hard for her to drive. I guess a third row Exploder or similar would work.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Community

mobldj
04-22-2007, 09:30 AM
spay and nueter.

GHT
04-22-2007, 09:36 AM
What cars are out there that can take 2 car seats and a booster in one row? Anybody have a TDI Toureg and if so feedback? Mileage? If you have 3 car seats, what do you drive? The wife does not want a fullsize SUV as its hard for her to drive. I guess a third row Exploder or similar would work.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Community
I know you said you don't want a "Full Size" Vehicle... BUT, you really should look at a Yukon.. The turning radius is incredible and it is very easy to drive. I would recommend you let your wife test drive one. They have third row seats that can fit up to three peeps and the second row (split bench) can sit three more and Captain chairs in the front. Our Yukon tows our 30' Kachina and it does have the small V8. I would opt for the larger motor though.
We lowered ours and it is as easy as a car to get in and out of.
Don

MR.rvrluvr
04-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I know you said you don't want a "Full Size" Vehicle... BUT, you really should look at a Yukon.. The turning radius is incredible and it is very easy to drive. I would recommend you let your wife test drive one. They have third row seats that can fit up to three peeps and the second row (split bench) can sit three more and Captain chairs in the front. Our Yukon tows our 30' Kachina and it does have the small V8. I would opt for the larger motor though.
We lowered ours and it is as easy as a car to get in and out of.
Don
I agree We have 5,7,and 9 yr olds and when they werer younger we had 2 car seats and a booster..then 2 boosters and 1 car seat...than just one booster ..............anyway even with just one booster a small car is a pain in the arse....Bought the wife a suburban and she was timid at first but she loved that car...The tahoe is a little smalller wheelbase so it turns easier but the sub has more cargo room with the third seat and its only $800 more (in 2005) The best thing is if you put 2 kids in the 3rd row seat, you get a little break from the noise..they are not yelling and screaming right in your ear....
If you get the 3/4 ton sub it has a bigger motor and axles to tow a bigger boat with..
If you get the Caddy (tahoe version) it also comes with a little bigger motor..
hope it helps ....good luck with the little ones...they drive me crazy sometimes but I would do it again in a heart beat....

YeLLowBoaT
04-22-2007, 11:32 AM
a crown vic ( and its other versions) can take 3 full sized adults. I would think it could hold 3 car seats. They are also very confy, last forever and have a very good crash rating... There only real down side is thier side. For there size they sitll get decent gas milage, 18-20 in town and 24+ on the high way( real world figures from some one that has owned one for 10+ years)

PHOTOGLOU
04-22-2007, 11:48 AM
I have an EXT TRAILBLAZER white with 3 rows of seats... It located in Anaheim and its new BUT CHEAP.....

Community
04-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Looks like this is what she wants. Jay - where can I call you?