PDA

View Full Version : LG tromm washer and dryer,anyone got one?

riverroyal
04-22-2007, 09:02 AM
another non boat question.Im looking at the front loaders,they any good?

Hardly Satisfied
04-22-2007, 09:11 AM
another non boat question.Im looking at the front loaders,they any good?
Steve , check Consumer reports

charlyox
04-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Let me know what you find out. The wife wants the same thing.

riverroyal
04-22-2007, 09:16 AM
can you check it for me,im having a bagel and coffee:D

WetWillie
04-22-2007, 09:24 AM
We went from the Neptune line to the LG's. Got them at the Home D and So far so good. They have really nice LCD panels maybe a little overkill but so far they have not had a glitch. Make sure you get the bases so they sit taller. Saves on the back... Also get the bigger bowls so you can run larger loads. Wife loves them...:D

Trailer Park Casanova
04-22-2007, 09:25 AM
It's absof*c#inlutely a good cleaner.
The steamer cycle really helps clean, and it has a milder steam setting to moisten cloth up before ironing - a BFD with chix.
4 cu ft, just don't overload it.
Ain't cheap, but it's far better quality than the Magtag Neptunes we had.
Get the pedestals.

riverroyal
04-22-2007, 09:27 AM
thanks for the info.looks like im spending some cash today:eek:

OCMerrill
04-22-2007, 10:00 AM
We also have them. Over a year now, basically run a few loads daily so we (or my wife) avoids a total "laundy day". They are located in the kitchen (in a small room) and are quiet enough that we can have dinner a barely notice them.
Ours are white although the color choices are bitchen. Ours close up behind closet doors but if they were in a laundry room the color choices would be hard to pick.
Not a single issue. The washer spins the clothes at a 1000 rpm on the final cycle. Sounds like a real quiet jet engine spinning up and that is the family joke around here "ready for push back". The clothes come out very water free and take less time to dry.
LG is Goldstar and this company makes everything form Maytag to Kenmore. Huge Korean company.
My .02 is they are spendy but so far I feel good money spent.

revndave
04-22-2007, 10:12 AM
I would buy Whirlpool or Maytag.Try and find parts or service for LG.
Williams Dependable Appliance Service
Owner David Williams(Revndave)

boatnam2
04-22-2007, 10:24 AM
here is a tip when you get one,our would not drain or spin.Called a tech out and he showed me a spot underneath the washer that collect's the trash and when it gets full washer stops working right.Not a issue that is covered under warranty but the tech was cool and showed me how to do it no charge.Also found 60 bucks in the hair,zip ties,dirt,mud,coins,business cards,etc etc.But only 20 bucks of it was still good.He also figured out aour dish washer that would not wash dishes and left them white,i was 2 days away from going to spen 600 bills on a new one.Dishwasher tip=must get hot water to the sink before you turn on DW he ran a test the water at the sink was 120 which is 20 degrees to cold(turned up the water heater) but even at 120 when it fill the DW the water in the tub is 80 or so.Our DW soap must be 140 to work right and disenegrate properly.So with it being to cold the DW heater would not turn on basically washing the dishes with cold water and no soap.Had to buy him lunch for this little tip.He said he gets about 10 calls a week on the dishwashers.

phebus
04-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I'll have to ask my wife what we have :)

riverroyal
04-22-2007, 10:42 AM
piece of shait,2 years old,rusting on the inside

Parker Dreamin
04-22-2007, 11:35 AM
The wife just got the Whirlpool Duet front loaders for her birthday from Pacific Sales.... so far so good.

YeLLowBoaT
04-22-2007, 11:37 AM
make sure who ever installs them gets them perfectly level... I've had to repair more then one wall/ tile floor from those things bouncing around. Oh yeah they are a heavy sob to move to fix said wall...

Parker Dreamin
04-22-2007, 11:37 AM
here is a tip when you get one,our would not drain or spin.Called a tech out and he showed me a spot underneath the washer that collect's the trash and when it gets full washer stops working .
thanks for the tips bud. Can you post more about where and how to clean this....
and I get the same issue with my dishwasher, good heads up.

boatnam2
04-22-2007, 12:04 PM
thanks for the tips bud. Can you post more about where and how to clean this....
and I get the same issue with my dishwasher, good heads up.
just make sure the water is smoking hot at kitchen sink before you start the DW and you wont believe the difference.The washer deal you pull the cover off the bottom of washer below the door...the is what looks like a 2"round cover which is connected to a rubber hose....he has a cool pair of channel locks that he picnched the hose with turned and pulled cover off that has a screen on it and all the stuff that goes into your drain...clean it put it back pull pliers off and your good to go.

boats&bars
04-22-2007, 12:12 PM
The wife just got the Whirlpool Duet front loaders for her birthday from Pacific Sales.... so far so good.
bying duets today how are they? any drawbacks so far?

OCMerrill
04-22-2007, 12:22 PM
make sure who ever installs them gets them perfectly level... I've had to repair more then one wall/ tile floor from those things bouncing around. Oh yeah they are a heavy sob to move to fix said wall...
So your saying a "new style front load" machine bounces around? We have had ours a year and they haven't moved but that doesn't mean they won't. I will agree the washer is mucho heavy. The dryer weighs nothing.
I will keep and eye on them. Last pair of Maytags, these new Troms replaced we bailed on after only 5 years. Six service calls in five years. Fawk Maytag. The new front load Maytags are made by Goldstar which is Life's Good (LG).
I researched the piss out of this before I ponied up $2k to wash clothes.

Ivan Dan
04-22-2007, 12:24 PM
My parents have the LG's and love them. They can do double the load than the old clunkers they used to have.

YeLLowBoaT
04-22-2007, 12:36 PM
So your saying a "new style front load" machine bounces around? We have had ours a year and they haven't moved but that doesn't mean they won't. I will agree the washer is mucho heavy. The dryer weighs nothing.
Think about it, atleast 150 lbs of roating mass... if its not level or out of balance its going to wobble. In dec I had to replace 6 tiles and patch 3 walls from one on its 1st load... seems Homly depot did not even bother to level it. so it bounced all over hell and busted up the walls and the drier right next to it... Not only did HD replace the units, they also cut the home owners for repair costs...

SJRS1
04-22-2007, 01:33 PM
i just bought the wife the lg troms 2 months ago and she loves them

goneboatin
04-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Got the LG washer and dryer in candy apple red. These things rock, the clothes are clean and now the towels don't smell like mildew. In an hour and a half a load of laundry is done. I got mine at Home Depot, they had the best deal. Open an account and get 10% knocked off, buy appliances that cost over $1000 and get $400 in Depot gift cards. I couldn't pass up a deal like that. Oh yeah, the bases were on sale for only $99 too.
As for a dishwasher - go with a high end brand. We went with Bosch - it's super quiet and it has a water heater in it. So water is always the optimum temperature. If you're going to stay at your home for the next 5 years, it's worth it. Or you could just get a cheepie HoChi Minh brand when you move and swap it out.

riverbound
04-22-2007, 04:00 PM
We bought quitea few LG appliances/Tvs in the last year or two and have had to replace EVERY single one so far. IMO their stuff is junk and not much cheaper than the name brands.
They do get points for looking better than everything else though.
LG microwave=bad within 2 months was such a hassle to get warranty work. that we went and bought a $99 micrwave and havent had a problem since
LG TV= started goign bad about 6 months after buying it, they replaced the first one and the second started going bad about 6 months after that (same problem) they told us $1500 to fix we ended up buying a different TV and now the LG POS is out at the river
LG Washer and Dryer= Problems with them since day 1 nothing bad anought to deal with thier horrible cust. svc, dept. but they do NOT work as well as any other washer or dryer I have ever owned.

Hardly Satisfied
04-22-2007, 05:16 PM
can you check it for me,im having a bagel and coffee:D
Are you and Toby together :D

SAFA 1
04-22-2007, 05:25 PM
they suck, and they make your towels stink

Parker Dreamin
04-22-2007, 06:18 PM
they suck, and they make your towels stink
dont leave them sitting in the washer so long once the cycle is completed and you should not have a smell.

SAFA 1
04-22-2007, 06:26 PM
dont leave them sitting in the washer so long once the cycle is completed and you should not have a smell.we don't we called sears out and the guy said we were using the wrong soap and we needed to rinse wash every couple of times even with the new detergent, and the tec said they were having allots of calls regarding this

Panic Button
04-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Whirlpool Duet! We've had ours for 4 years, 2 loads a day without a problem.

boater72
04-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Whirlpool Cabrio top load and bad to the bone. Wanted front load but they are deeper and would not work for us.

riverroyal
04-25-2007, 03:45 PM
comments,thanks everyone,still not sold on them yet

BOBALOO
04-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I've got the Kenmore Elite He4t front loaders and within a year the control board for the dryer burned out. Common problem from what I've read. Otherwise I'm happy with them. Make sure to get them level or they sound like a Helicopter taking off on the spin cycle. :D I have them on a raised foundation not a slab, from what I read they are not too quiet if the laundry is upstairs. Oh yeah, get them LEVEL! and break out the checkbook