PDA

View Full Version : LASIX eye surgery...

Windy
04-22-2007, 02:44 PM
OMG...Its amazing. I just had it done yesterday and today its like a whole new world...WOW!:D :D :D

beaverretriever
04-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Awesome, where did you go? My wife wants to get it next month.

boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Had it done for my wife, changed her life....it was getting bad, I was either gonna get her eyes done, or turn our Lab Gunner into a seeing eye dog...we used TLC eye care in Newport....believe they are in Fashion Island and also have an office near Onttario Airport, she was in and out in less than 5 minutes, astounding to watch...you do get to watch from a second screen in the hall...amazing...

Havasu_Dreamin
04-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Would love to get it so I can get rid of the glasses. What was the procedure like?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow.. awesome Windy. Great news.. congrats.. now you can see what we really look like.:jawdrop: :D :D
Great news. :D

Devil's Advocate
04-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Got it done a few years ago and had no idea what it was like to have good vision:) . I've been wearing glasses and contacts since the second grade and it's awesome to be able to see without them. The procedure was so fast too that I didn't have time to get scared about it. So glad I did it!;)

STV_Keith
04-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Congrats Windy! I did mine almost a year ago. Can't believe I waited so long. :)

Windy
04-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Awesome, where did you go? My wife wants to get it next month.
I went to IQ Laser in Westminister. Dr.Lin has offices in the City of Industry and LA. He teaches at UCLA, and does research in refractive eye surgery. His brother does Laser Dermotalogy.
It is unbelievable!:D

Windy
04-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Wow.. awesome Windy. Great news.. congrats.. now you can see what we really look like.:jawdrop: :D :D
I never had a problem seeing up close Char. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-22-2007, 03:34 PM
:jawdrop: My bad. sorry.. But I am so happy for you. :)

Windy
04-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Would love to get it so I can get rid of the glasses. What was the procedure like?
For me it was scary...but its fast and so worth it. I put my eye glasses on this morning and couldnt see out of them...and my eyes feel great today. :)

Windy
04-22-2007, 03:38 PM
:jawdrop: My bad. sorry.. But I am so happy for you. :)
Thanx Char...yeah I was near sighted really bad...now I'll be able to see you from across the lake. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanx Char...yeah I was near sighted really bad...now I'll be able to see you from across the lake. :D
:jawdrop: it's bad enough you can see me up close. :D are you sure you want to be able to do that?:jawdrop: :D

Windy
04-22-2007, 03:41 PM
:jawdrop: it's bad enough you can see me up close. :D are you sure you want to be able to do that?:jawdrop: :D
Positive...I like what I can see.:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Positive...I like what I can see.:)
:) you are a sweet heart.. Thank you..:devil: :D and ditto back at you. :devil: :devil:

Havasu1986
04-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Have they came up with a lasik surgery for people that only use glasses for reading yet.:( Last I checked about a year ago it was no.:(

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Have they came up with a lasik surgery for people that only use glasses for reading yet.:( Last I checked about a year ago it was no.:(
yes. My sister had it done a month ago. and they just had something on the news a few days ago about it. :)

Havasu1986
04-22-2007, 03:52 PM
yes. My sister had it done a month ago. and they just had something on the news a few days ago about it. :)
Where did she have it done.:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Where did she have it done.:)
she went through Kaiser.:)

boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Like I said, my wife had it done. So that you know, you need a referral from your eye Dr. to get in the door. Start there. Soon as your eye doc says yes, you'll head over for your appt., and they will take a close look at your eyes, tell you what they think. If you decide to go for it, they set up a couple more appts. schedule you in. When we went in for the procedure itself, Chris went back by herself for a while, I didn't see what they did during that time, next time I saw her, she was on a flat screen monitor in the hallway laying down under the camera. It goes real quick after that, he irriagates the eye, puts in a small clamp to keep your eyes open, makes a small incision on your eye, pulls back the flap, hits it with the laser, irriagates a few more times, lays the flap back down, pats it gently, irrigates it, takes out the clamp for you eyelids, goes to the other eye. I swear it was over before it got started. You walk out with patches over your eyes, you'll need someone to help you, and you go home and stay in total darkness for the next 24 hours. Doc gives you a knockout pill you won't believe to help you stay quiet. Next morning, you wake up, welcome to the world. My wife said the most amazing thing was being able to see what time the alarm clock said with out her glasses. Best thing is being able to snorkle and scuba dive with her now...never could do that before....hope this helps...don't be afraid of it....the next day you couldn't even tell anything had happened....

Windy
04-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Yes.

beaverretriever
04-22-2007, 04:07 PM
I went to IQ Laser in Westminister. Dr.Lin has offices in the City of Industry and LA. He teaches at UCLA, and does research in refractive eye surgery. His brother does Laser Dermotalogy.
It is unbelievable!:D
Thanks... Congrats.

Windy
04-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Like I said, my wife had it done. So that you know, you need a referral from your eye Dr. to get in the door. Start there. Soon as your eye doc says yes, you'll head over for your appt., and they will take a close look at your eyes, tell you what they think. If you decide to go for it, they set up a couple more appts. schedule you in. When we went in for the procedure itself, Chris went back by herself for a while, I didn't see what they did during that time, next time I saw her, she was on a flat screen monitor in the hallway laying down under the camera. It goes real quick after that, he irriagates the eye, puts in a small clamp to keep your eyes open, makes a small incision on your eye, pulls back the flap, hits it with the laser, irriagates a few more times, lays the flap back down, pats it gently, irrigates it, takes out the clamp for you eyelids, goes to the other eye. I swear it was over before it got started. You walk out with patches over your eyes, you'll need someone to help you, and you go home and stay in total darkness for the next 24 hours. Doc gives you a knockout pill you won't believe to help you stay quiet. Next morning, you wake up, welcome to the world. My wife said the most amazing thing was being able to see what time the alarm clock said with out her glasses. Best thing is being able to snorkle and scuba dive with her now...never could do that before....hope this helps...don't be afraid of it....the next day you couldn't even tell anything had happened....
I didnt have a referal from my doctor. My fiancee got to watch through a window.

Racey
04-22-2007, 04:37 PM
What did it cost you per eye??

H20 Toie
04-22-2007, 04:40 PM
congrats i had my eyes done over a year ago and it is amazing, the only thing i don't like is that i can't see stuff that is real close.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-22-2007, 04:55 PM
LOL She may not like us anymore :2purples:
I need to get it done as well, eventually.

TCN
04-22-2007, 05:09 PM
One of the best things I ever did. My Dr. recently died in Mexico so if I need a touch up I will have to go see his brother. The other Dr. Kawecsh.

framer1
04-22-2007, 05:14 PM
But do you now? That's my only concern.

Devil's Advocate
04-22-2007, 06:13 PM
My vision up close did change a little where I can't see quite as well. But up very close, not like reading distance, so I'm not that affected by it. I think my vision has slipped a little though since the procedure and will likely need to touch up again sometime in the near future.

bchbum
04-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I had it done 6 years ago , just starting to notice my left eye is not as good as it was . This was by far the best $ I ever spent on me . I do need glasses for the puter & reading some things .

Windy
04-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Now...no way..but its only been two days. My vision is even a little better today. :D

boatnam2
04-23-2007, 06:43 AM
i had it done a year ago, kinda wish i would of had one eye done for reading.I had both done for distance and it seems having glasses so you can read and do alot of little things i never thought about because i could see up close before the surgery is almost just as much a pain in the ass as wearing glasses all the time.i think im going to go get one done to see up close soon.

Warlockjer
04-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Exactly what bchbum said. I also need glasses for reading and up close work. I must have 50 pairs of .99 cent readers laying everywhere. Best money I had spent. As time goes on my distance clarity is not as good as it was, but that is the price you pay for getting old......:)