PDA

View Full Version : Sticky throtle pedal...Im dumb

THEPISTONHEAD
04-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Whats the best treatment to cure a slightly sticky pedal. Can I lube the cable in a way that it will soak the whole cable...I guess it could just be the actuall pedal pivot area too. Just curious about this. I know crap about this. Im inquiring about all the issues I found on the boat im looking to buy. Thanks as always!

Boatcop
04-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Start with a few drops of 3 in 1 oil on the pivot points on the pedal. Disconnect the cable from the carb and work the pedal. Few more drops, more working the pedal.
Check the return spring in the pedal, it may be stretched out and not retracting right. Cables themselves rarely need any lube, unless the've been exposed to a lot of salt water and/or are corroded at the ends. You can put a few drops of the aforementiond oil where the cable rod enters the sleeve and work that some too. It can't hurt.

THEPISTONHEAD
04-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks....thats good info. I didnt know if the cables were like motorcycle cables were you need to oil them thoroughly. Thanks!!!!!

IMPATIENT 1
04-22-2007, 06:24 PM
p.h., this mini day sure sounds like it spent alot of time out in the weather.cables stiff, stringers rotten, and floor weak are sure signs of a boat that's been out in the rain. my buddy has a super nice bowrider taylor that is rock solid and is cool as hell ready for water.pumps fresh as are alot of other things.give me a pm if interested.its a no b.s. turn key, daycruiser(full size)its sparkly too:D