abergales
06-07-2002, 04:31 PM
Any flatbottom racers out there

superdave013
06-07-2002, 04:49 PM
This past thanksgiving was a sad one.

Jetboatguru
06-07-2002, 05:08 PM
I met him at the Red Bluff Show and shine last year and he was one of nicest guys as well.

ps/ss108
06-07-2002, 06:02 PM
Lance could sure drive a flatbottom man. I was there thanksgiving very sad day. The knew boat he built before he died is a rocket. He put a lot into that boat,and new driver Ty Newton is flying in that thing.

abergales
06-07-2002, 06:14 PM
Lance was a hell of a man and driver. Your right the new boat that he built is one sweet piece. Originally posted by ps/ss108:
Lance could sure drive a flatbottom man. I was there thanksgiving very sad day. The knew boat he built before he died is a rocket. He put a lot into that boat,and new driver Ty Newton is flying in that thing.

SK48
06-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Lance was a great circle boat racer, let's not compare him to the others. He did a hell of a job at driving and promoting the sport. In circle racing there are many generations of tremendous drivers, who did not get a chance to race each other. Let's let them all be the greatest and not compare one to the other. Lance was a great guy..
Glad to see the Faulkner's still racing flatbottoms. Wil had the new four strake boat at Parker with David Rankin driving and it won. The rigging is beautiful, I missed Firebird with Ty Newton driving and he did great. Going to Burley to watch the SS boats on the big course.
Hope to have our GN 30 together for Burley just got the hull back from Rush and building a new motor. Turbos are not allowed in the GN class anymore, so off to another motor program. I'm glad Lance got to drive our boat while Mike was injured last year.
Let's hope that 2002 is a better year for the inboard indurance class.

GN747
06-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by superdave013:
This past thanksgiving was a sad one.
IT WAS VERY SAD, IT'S ALMOST UNREAL TO BELIEVE THAT TWO OF THE BEST BOAT RACING PROMOTERS,,DRIVERS, PASTED AWAY THAT WEEKEND,, SOMETIMES IT TO MUCH TO COMPREHEND..
WE MISS THEM VERY MUCH...
[This message has been edited by GN747 (edited June 07, 2002).]

SK48
06-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Mike and Lance would like the class to carry on. I hope the inboard classes continue with the new rule changes. I have been racing and sponsoring them for many years.
Just because they are gone I will not forget them.I will continue to buy parts and fuel for their families.
The GN 30 family scattered Ed & Mike Hobans ashes May 17th at Blue Water in Parker on the race course. I'm glad I was invited to be part of their celebration of life and boat racing.