boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Never mind

MR.rvrluvr
04-22-2007, 08:44 PM
ask Killrtoy I hear he has a good job..

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-22-2007, 08:47 PM
well I don't know you very well. But if this is something you think or know you need to do.. Then I say go for it. You only live once and if you are not happy doing what you want to do. In the long run you will regret not doing something you like.
If you stay in Railroading and you don't like it you will grow old and bitter.
I say take the chance and if you are married what does your wife think about it. I think you both have to make the decission that will change both your lives.
Life is too short not to take chances. Who knows it may not be as bad as you are thinking it will be. You just have to try and make the adjustment and think possitive the whole time you are training..
It is a scary thought when you only know what you are doing now. But I'm sure if you take the jump you will have people there to catch you.:D
good luck

topless
04-22-2007, 10:00 PM
You by the way ROCK!!!!:D :)

boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Does that mean that when I go bald (pretty soon I think) you'll rub my head and go SMMMMMMOOOOOOTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHH also????:D

topless
04-22-2007, 10:04 PM
I duuno, your avatar scares me a little bit.

boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 10:08 PM
If we ever meet, I promise to buy dentures first, never a second chance for a first impression doncha know....:eek:

shockwaveharry
04-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Never mind
I got here late... you loosing your hair or can't get it up? ;)

boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 10:10 PM
At this point, all of the above....naa....just stressed out about life, life and life..and thought some sage advice might be found here, luckily, I came to my senses and deleted the message....

shockwaveharry
04-22-2007, 10:14 PM
At this point, all of the above....naa....just stressed out about life, life and life..and thought some sage advice might be found here, luckily, I came to my senses and deleted the message....
How old are you? Is life really hitting you that hard?

boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 10:18 PM
How old are you? Is life really hitting you that hard?
No, call it maybe a 42 year old mid life crisis...I have a house, the boat, the lifestyle, but I'm just TIRED of running trains, and I sit around asking is this all there is?? So I have come to this crossroads, if you will, of I'm in the second half of my life, and I'm looking at what else is there?? So I came on heree asking if there wa someone who started over at 42..did it work, was it worth it? And it's scary...I like my security, but at the same time, I feel like theres more I could do..plus, I'll never get my 28' bullet driving trains for Amtrak...will I???

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-22-2007, 10:23 PM
No, call it maybe a 42 year old mid life crisis...I have a house, the boat, the lifestyle, but I'm just TIRED of running trains, and I sit around asking is this all there is?? So I have come to this crossroads, if you will, of I'm in the second half of my life, and I'm looking at what else is there?? So I came on heree asking if there wa someone who started over at 42..did it work, was it worth it? And it's scary...I like my security, but at the same time, I feel like theres more I could do..plus, I'll never get my 28' bullet driving trains for Amtrak...will I???
is it possible to do the training in the other job and stay at the old job until you are satisfied with the out come of the new one?

shockwaveharry
04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
..plus, I'll never get my 28' bullet driving trains for Amtrak...will I???
Why not? It's just another payment! I don't think the boat will solve your dilema though, just treat the symptoms for a summer or two...
A wise man once said "You gotta do what you gotta do". Some kids dream of being a train engineer you know...

boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
is it possible to do the training in the other job and stay at the old job until you are satisfied with the out come of the new one?
Well, if the offer became a concrete thing, I could make up a story I guess and see about a leave of absence from Amtrak, go try the other job, see if it's a good fit, otherwise flow back to the cab...but thats a ways away yet..this idea is in it's infancy....

lewiville
04-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, if the offer became a concrete thing, I could make up a story I guess and see about a leave of absence from Amtrak, go try the other job, see if it's a good fit, otherwise flow back to the cab...but thats a ways away yet..this idea is in it's infancy....
I thought Amtrak was going out of buisness, or close to it?

boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 10:45 PM
I thought Amtrak was going out of buisness, or close to it? Well, maybe. And that fact will weigh heavily on any decision I make.

acatitude
04-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I duuno, your avatar scares me a little bit.
didnt think you were feared of anything:D

topless
04-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, maybe. And that fact will weigh heavily on any decision I make.
Oh and now you're all train smart and shit.:eek: :D :) ;) ;)

boatsnblondes
04-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Oh and now you're all train smart and shit.:eek: :D :) ;) ;)
I've always been train smart, Amtrak engineers are the best in the business. :D

Rexone
04-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Perhaps a new career as an animal control officer? :)
I hear MSD has openings in "engineering" :)

DCBob
04-23-2007, 07:39 AM
:D :D :D :D thats funny right there :D :D :D :D

Jbb
04-23-2007, 07:41 AM
.........Harsh......:p

yopengo
04-23-2007, 07:46 AM
LMAO :D :D :D

Kim Hanson
04-23-2007, 08:06 AM
what?no cust/service openings at rex:D
Hey ya, he can make those damn catalogs :idea: .........( . )( . ).........:D :D

Kilrtoy
04-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Never mind
What happened to your 2 pararaph whine about how sad your life is...
you actually read what you wrote and realized you were whining

Kilrtoy
04-23-2007, 03:40 PM
So you have a house and a boat and your domestic partner, Im sorry lifestyle as you call it...
Listen here, just because after all these years you finally mastered the green and red button on the dash board and you finally were able to not dump your load all in one stop , I mean sand, don't think your qualified for much more than that.....

MR.rvrluvr
04-23-2007, 03:47 PM
What happened to your 2 pararaph whine about how sad your life is...
you actually read what you wrote and realized you were whining
wwhat a tool why would you delete this...to think this guy is driving a giant killing machine.. Good thing its on tracks....:jawdrop: :idea:

boatsnblondes
04-23-2007, 04:28 PM
I deleted it because I didn't want to listen to retarded advice from losers like you...best stick to your desk job there, the only thing your qualified for is street peddling, and from what I've seen of your spelling so far, you'd fock up your " will work for food sign"....

Rvr Swpr
04-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Can't believe all of you do not realize this guy is pulling chains here in all his threads. really a put on. like he is going to give up the retirement etc.

boatsnblondes
04-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Can't believe all of you do not realize this guy is pulling chains here in all his threads. really a put on. like he is going to give up the retirement etc.
If something came up, I would seriously consider it...I'm vested into RR retirement already...

Kilrtoy
04-23-2007, 04:49 PM
I deleted it because I didn't want to listen to retarded advice from losers like you...best stick to your desk job there, the only thing your qualified for is street peddling, and from what I've seen of your spelling so far, you'd fock up your " will work for food sign"....
Atleast I can fit behind the desk. If this is the case then why did you post in the first place, looking for some sympathy. Look at me I have a good paying job, But IM NOT HAPPY, look how much I make... I want a HOWARD, then go buy the damn boat and stop crying

boatsnblondes
04-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Atleast I can fit behind the desk. If this is the case then why did you post in the first place, looking for some sympathy. Look at me I have a god paying job, But IM NOT HAPPY, look how much I make... I want a HOWARD, then go buy the damn boat and stop crying
Kilr, it ain't the job, or the miney, I been doing htis for nearly 20 years..I'm tired of trains...aren't you BURNT out yet???

Kilrtoy
04-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Kilr, it ain't the job, or the miney, I been doing htis for nearly 20 years..I'm tired of trains...aren't you BURNT out yet???
Hell no, I sit behind the desk and get to chat with you all day...

boatsnblondes
04-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Hell no, I sit behind the desk and get to chat with you all day...
There should be a claim for that....:D

boatsnblondes
04-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Lest you forget what my desk looks like..and I fit fine behind mine too....:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29316&stc=1&d=1177376885
This must be your desk....:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29317&stc=1&d=1177376979

Kilrtoy
04-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Lest you forget what my desk looks like..and I fit fine behind mine too....:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29316&stc=1&d=1177376885
I remember those, yep, Atleast I can say I have done your job, To bad you can't say you have done mine...
Operated one of those off and on for a few years....

boatsnblondes
04-23-2007, 05:12 PM
I remember those, yep, Atleast I can say I have done your job, To bad you can't say you have done mine...
Operated one of those off and on for a few years....
Not these....maybe you worked on some branch line somewhere, but you never ran these...

soupersonic
04-23-2007, 05:19 PM
I deleted it because I didn't want to listen to retarded advice from losers like you..
To even think to post a question asking for life changing advice from HB members if pretty much asking for a kick in the nuts.But then to retract it and call us retards and losers?
Maybe if you would have graduated high school you would be doing more than snapping your carrot wondering what else there is in life besides tooting a horn . Dickhead :rolleyes:

MR.rvrluvr
04-23-2007, 05:19 PM
if you are referring to me,
1. I drive a truck soz I don't needs to know howz to spell
B. I don't really give a shit what you think .......and.
D. I can afford a 28 bulet (can't spellz it but I can afford it) don't really want one though..I will stick with my bayliner..:)
not bad for a stupid truck driver..:devil: :eek: :D
but I would trade the bayliner for killers boat. I've seen it and I think I like it..Maybe someday he will give me a ride in it..:D

boatsnblondes
04-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Sorry you two...I didn't mean you guys..I jsut meant that I didn't want the hassle...

Kilrtoy
04-23-2007, 05:48 PM
if you are referring to me,
1. I drive a truck soz I don't needs to know howz to spell
B. I don't really give a shit what you think .......and.
D. I can afford a 28 bulet (can't spellz it but I can afford it) don't really want one though..I will stick with my bayliner..:)
not bad for a stupid truck driver..:devil: :eek: :D
but I would trade the bayliner for killers boat. I've seen it and I think I like it..Maybe someday he will give me a ride in it..:D
All you have to do is ask, I met your lovely wife two weeks ago, but since I don't know what you lok like I could not say hi...

Kilrtoy
04-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Not these....maybe you worked on some branch line somewhere, but you never ran these...
I have no clue what I drove, but it was the square one and the nice bullet shaped looking one

dragboat
04-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Earned.:D ...Owned.:eek: ....LMFAO!!!!!:D :D :D

MR.rvrluvr
04-23-2007, 06:32 PM
All you have to do is ask, I met your lovely wife two weeks ago, but since I don't know what you lok like I could not say hi...
HA HA Ezkiller said she kept trying to introduce me to ya, I must have been in la la land... I was admiring your boat with my little boy tho... Would love to take you up on the ride someday... We will be there sat for the DS run/float...Maybe see ya then... If not sometime..:)

Kilrtoy
04-23-2007, 06:45 PM
HA HA Ezkiller said she kept trying to introduce me to ya, I must have been in la la land... I was admiring your boat with my little boy tho... Would love to take you up on the ride someday... We will be there sat for the DS run/float...Maybe see ya then... If not sometime..:)
We will be there, we have people with us, But we may be able to do something

Kim Hanson
04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
If something came up, I would seriously consider it...I'm vested into RR retirement already...
Really Retarded Funds, never heard of that one before.............( . )( . )...........You are in a league
all by yourself.............:D :D

dragboat
04-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Really Retarded Funds, never heard of that one before.............( . )( . )...........You are in a league
all by yourself.............:D :D
:D :D :D :D