PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Aquarium, any good?

4day!!
04-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Anyone been to the LBA, if so is it worth it? Thinking of taking the kids up there.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Anyone been to the LBA, if so is it worth it? Thinking of taking the kids up there.
The hubby and I have never been, but the kids have with their school. They loved it. at the time they were 9 and 10. Hope it helps alittle.:)

selfmade
04-22-2007, 10:49 PM
It is OK. I think its a little pricey for what you get. Its not very big If I remember correct we were done with the place in maybe an hour or so. I think you would be better off going to Seaworld. just my 02 cents

unleashed
04-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Took my daughter on a fieldtrip there 2 weeks ago. I thought it was amazing...but Im the kinda guy that actually takes the time to read about the different species etc. Anyhow I left feeling a little guilty as I eat sushi 3 times a week...so that was the downside!
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Unleashedmyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)

v-drive
04-23-2007, 02:22 AM
I was fortunate enough to go there just before they opened. I was honestly impressed and like unleashed said, take your time.One amazing thing I learned is that all of the water goes through their filter system every 3 hours.
:D v-drive

voodoomedman
04-23-2007, 05:38 AM
It's cool. Take your time. It will still only be a couple of hours or so but it's different than Sea World. It's more educational and not a bunch of dolphin shows and such. More fish and smaller sea life. The kids will absolutely love touching all the sharks and rays. Look around there are usually coupons somewhere. Anyways, from Orange County it's far so it's a nice little day trip.

Big Warlock
04-23-2007, 08:56 AM
It is worth the trip! Very cool place to go.

Mandelon
04-23-2007, 09:16 AM
We did it last year, very kewl place to go. Read about a lot of interesting coastline info and saw some amazing fish and sea creatures.
Feeding the birds in that aviary was the treat for my kids. the little birds land on your shoulders and arms to drink the little liquid food they sell you. Take hanky, they poop, too.

Buster
04-23-2007, 09:46 AM
I have been to many Aquariums and the Long Beach (Aquarium of the Pacific) one is by far the best. Lot's to see and very well run.
Go and enjoy...

racecar.hotshoe
04-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Can I fish there....NO.......Then I aint going.:D :D

4day!!
04-23-2007, 10:25 AM
thanks peeps, i think i'll give it a try.