PDA

View Full Version : New to Hot Boat...Magic Deck Questions

liquid
04-23-2007, 07:16 AM
newbie here :D I want to apologize for starting a repetitive thread here on Hot Boat. Seems that all you have to do is search "magic boats" and alot comes up, but i have a question about Magic Boats from the owners that own them.
At the Orange County boat show and seems to be the place to hang out. We are in the market for a deck boat and Magic pretty much has it covered. after being a lurker on this board for about 2 weeks there are alot of nice magics in peoples profiles. IF someone can direct me to the nicest one i would like to compare.
? for anyone
1) what size motor is enough power for a 28 deckboat
2) magic warranty? hull and drive
3) magic vs advantage vs shockwave vs__________
4) Do you add performance motor is it worth it?
5) How much will i spend on the nicest one vs "standard options"
5) Do i ask to to many questions
I asked my Magic sales the rep the same questions i just want the opinions from the people that use them....
Thanks again Hot Boaters and OMG this board is addicting

OutCole'd
04-23-2007, 07:22 AM
1)525
2)Not sure, ask the rep. but I think hull is 5 years and rest is one year.
3)Way too many to choose from now, I like the Conquest, Shockwave, Cobra, Howard, etc, and for sure the Magic. All real nice boats.
4)Of course
5)Not sure, talk to the rep, but will be way too much!
6)yes:D

Cole Trickle
04-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Nice boat...Needs a 525:)
We have been treated very well by Magic/Sleek over the past couple years

Advantage Adam
04-23-2007, 08:46 AM
newbie here :D I want to apologize for starting a repetitive thread here on Hot Boat. Seems that all you have to do is search "magic boats" and alot comes up, but i have a question about Magic Boats from the owners that own them.
At the Orange County boat show and seems to be the place to hang out. We are in the market for a deck boat and Magic pretty much has it covered. after being a lurker on this board for about 2 weeks there are alot of nice magics in peoples profiles. IF someone can direct me to the nicest one i would like to compare.
? for anyone
1) what size motor is enough power for a 28 deckboat
2) magic warranty? hull and drive
3) magic vs advantage vs shockwave vs__________
4) Do you add performance motor is it worth it?
5) How much will i spend on the nicest one vs "standard options"
5) Do i ask to to many questions
I asked my Magic sales the rep the same questions i just want the opinions from the people that use them....
Thanks again Hot Boaters and OMG this board is addicting
Call Larry or Tim. These guys are never too busy for questions. They helped me out when I built my sled. 928-680-7600
Adam

lklndoo
04-23-2007, 08:52 AM
1) 525, is needed. We test drove both a 496 HO and 525, and once u load the boat down with people, gas and coolers you will be glad you got the 525
2) Cant remember off the top of my head.
3) magic vs Howard. Thats my opinion of the best two deck boats. Our neighbors in Havasu springs, have the howard that was in hot boat a few months back, great looking boat. But sit in both of these boats and look at the small details.
4) Yep, you can never have too much horsepower ( You can never be too thin, have too much money, or have too much horsepower).
5) i think with the 525 its like 100K or so.....
5) nope
We got ours in Feb.

INI
04-23-2007, 09:01 AM
for the market they are the best boats out...sure over played a bit but what nice thing isn't..
1) 525 with a Whipple...90+mph boat
2) industry standard.....everyone is the same...maybe manuf have perks
3) magic
4) Does a bear save forest fires?
5) for sale @ 130,000 :D
5) smart people ask questions

Havasu1986
04-23-2007, 09:12 AM
for the market they are the best boats out...sure over played a bit but what nice thing isn't..
1) 525 with a Whipple...90+mph boat
2) industry standard.....everyone is the same...maybe manuf have perks
3) magic
4) Does a bear save forest fires?5) for sale @ 130,000 :D
5) smart people ask questions
Not a polar bear.:eek: :D

Not So Fast
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM
You got the right guy here for talkin;)
1.Motor- depends on you but but as someone on here said "I never heard someone say I wish my boat was slower!!!!!" Build it once period!!!
2.Warranty- I thought the hull was 10 years but?? Drive/engine is thru Mercury!
3.Drive them all and decide, money is king!!
4.From personal experience get the 525 (see my threads on swap, plenty of'em)
5.They come pretty nicely equipped so its up to you, again money is king!
6.Never to many questions, wish I would have asked more when I bought mine!
As far as which one to buy you will hear from every owner that "Theirs is the one" but in the end it's your decision. Is the Magic worthy, hell yes, could they build a better boat, hell yes but couldnt they all? Lots of choices out there so good luck, pm if you want.
Oh yeah and dont forget that OutColed is in charge of the "every weekend Magic regattas" NSF

Not So Fast
04-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Call Larry or Tim. These guys are never too busy for questions. They helped me out when I built my sled. 928-680-7600
Adam
Dont be so modest, thats one of the nicest Magics around and as far as "a sled" I doubt that with the package you have. Someday please say what numbers you run, I would love to hear about it. Beautiful boat!!! NSF

BajaMike
04-23-2007, 10:12 AM
The other plus about Magic, during the summer, they have a regatta in the channel every weekend.......:D :D :D :D

DeltaSigBoater
04-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Mercury Marine backs the 525EFI, 600SCi, & 700 SCi engines with a 1-Year Limited Warranty for Recreational Boating and 3-Year Limited Warranty against Corrosion.
If Magic were an Installation Quality Certified Manufacturer for MerCruiser-powered boats then Mercury Marine would offer an additional 1-Year Limited Warranty for a total of 2 years. However this extended warranty does not apply to Mercury Racing Engines & Drives.

Advantage Adam
04-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Dont be so modest, thats one of the nicest Magics around and as far as "a sled" I doubt that with the package you have. Someday please say what numbers you run, I would love to hear about it. Beautiful boat!!! NSF
I had it down in parker this weekend and ran 90 on the GPS with a little more to go. My guess is the top speed is 91.
I am currently running a maximus, 26 pitch, 5 blade. When we were building the boat, mercury sent out a 26 pitch, 5 blade clever, and hit 94.
thanks for the compliments.
AP

JB in so cal
04-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I think with names like OutCole'd and Advantage Adam, you're in the wrong boats:D

Throttle
04-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I think with names like OutCole'd and Advantage Adam, you're in the wrong boats:D
I was thinking the same thing...

OutCole'd
04-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Better watch it!:mad: :D

BarryMac
04-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Just go to Havasu on any weekend, Magic has a weekly Regatta there, I'm sure you can catch a ride with someone... :D :D

JB in so cal
04-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Just go to Havasu on any weekend, Magic has a weekly Regatta there, I'm sure you can catch a ride with someone... :D :D
I guess you'll be seeing for yourself in a few days, huh?

INI
04-23-2007, 01:08 PM
and thats a good thing right....:confused:

OutCole'd
04-23-2007, 01:10 PM
I have to admit, I was there this weekend and walked the Channel Saturday afternoon and I believe the Conquest's reggata was on! They out numbered the Magics that day for sure. Nice boats.

havasu5150
04-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Talk to Keith at Conquest. I looked at both when I bought mine. I toured Conquest's shop and spoke with Keith who answered every question I had. didn't bad mouth any other boat mfgs' , and was honest about what options and equipment I needed and what I didn't need, I was able to make a buying decision very easily.

Advantage Adam
04-23-2007, 02:14 PM
your right :eek: From this day forward, please refer to me as "Magic Adam". For some reason, it doesn't sound as good :idea: :D

Not So Fast
04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
I have to admit, I was there this weekend and walked the Channel Saturday afternoon and I believe the Conquest's reggata was on! They out numbered the Magics that day for sure. Nice boats.
And Ultra wont be far behind with the numbers they are selling but when I sit at the ramp on Saturday it is hard to believe the number of Magics I see being launched, really incredible and at the same time a little disheartning:( Oh well that the way it goes huh? I still dig mine ;) NSF

shippingguy
04-23-2007, 03:16 PM
And Ultra wont be far behind with the numbers they are selling but when I sit at the ramp on Saturday it is hard to believe the number of Magics I see being launched, really incredible and at the same time a little disheartning:( Oh well that the way it goes huh? I still dig mine ;) NSF
I am surprised the DCB guys have not come on here and attacked us. We had their beach covered in the channel with Ultra's on Saturday. Five 27's, one 26, one 21 and one 24. Pretty much all in a row:) :D

OutCole'd
04-23-2007, 03:21 PM
your right :eek: From this day forward, please refer to me as "Magic Adam". For some reason, it doesn't sound as good :idea: :D
OutMagic'd just doesn't sound as good....

MR.rvrluvr
04-23-2007, 03:23 PM
hey NSF we gotta get together and sit at the ramp with a beer...I love watching people screw shit up.....I launch at windsor all the time and probably have seen ya and not even know it...

OutCole'd
04-23-2007, 03:28 PM
hey NSF we gotta get together and sit at the ramp with a beer...I love watching people screw shit up.....I launch at windsor all the time and probably have seen ya and not even know it...
Site 6 usually has some good times!

Jyruiz
04-23-2007, 03:29 PM
If there is a silver Rhino on the south ramp, then Bobby is there, I think you will only find him there on the weekends though.

Not So Fast
04-23-2007, 06:01 PM
If there is a silver Rhino on the south ramp, then Bobby is there, I think you will only find him there on the weekends though.
You win the big cigar Juan!! Except that I am there during the week cause thats when I boat ;) Retired life is a bitch :D
Tuzrvr, I am usually there in the mornings and depends what games are on in the afternoons or if the wind is in town because that livens up the place a lot!!!! Say "HI" for sure:) NSF PS that would be the north ramp, only the little boats do the south side!! Ha HA

Bella
04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Mercury Marine backs the 525EFI, 600SCi, & 700 SCi engines with a 1-Year Limited Warranty for Recreational Boating and 3-Year Limited Warranty against Corrosion.
If Magic were an Installation Quality Certified Manufacturer for MerCruiser-powered boats then Mercury Marine would offer an additional 1-Year Limited Warranty for a total of 2 years. However this extended warranty does not apply to Mercury Racing Engines & Drives.
"were" should be "is." Magic and Sleekcraft are Installation Quality Certified Manufacturer for Mercruiser which nets the customer an additional year of warranty for a total of 2 years as stated above.
Please let me know if I can help!
Brett

Mattman
04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
"were" should be "is." Magic and Sleekcraft are Installation Quality Certified Manufacturer for Mercruiser which nets the customer an additional year of warranty for a total of 2 years as stated above.
Brett
It's about time you chimed in!!!

DeltaSigBoater
04-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Brett
I'm just going off of the Mercury Marine site
http://northamerica.mercurymarine.com/serviceandwarranty/installation.php

Bella
04-25-2007, 06:33 AM
The company name of North American Sleekcraft.
I'm just going off of the Mercury Marine site
http://northamerica.mercurymarine.com/serviceandwarranty/installation.php

INI
06-12-2007, 11:36 PM
What is Magic/Sleeks warranty?
Does anyone know where to find it?
Hull, Motor, Drives, ETC

INI
06-13-2007, 11:07 AM
what is the warranty on Magics...
I have somethings i need to research....

riverroyal
06-13-2007, 03:30 PM
496ho is enough,cant really go over 60mph with kids,dog and bimini anyways
motor warranty and drive is 1 year
i think hull is 7
ive spent 0$ on anything other than servicing

riverroyal
06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
go with the optional stereo upgrade,JL stuff its great.I have fireboy system,helped with insurance.Other than that all standard stuff

JB in so cal
06-13-2007, 03:34 PM
go with the optional stereo upgrade,JL stuff its great.I have fireboy system,helped with insurance.Other than that all standard stuff
friggen post ***** today, huh?:idea:

riverroyal
06-13-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMGP0770.JPGfriggen post ***** today, huh?:idea:

JB in so cal
06-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Where are your tie downs?:)

riverroyal
06-13-2007, 03:46 PM
:d

riverroyal
06-13-2007, 07:32 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMGP0769.JPG