PDA

View Full Version : Parker Races.

dmontzsta
04-23-2007, 08:22 AM
It was good seeing everyone again. :)
What a long weekend for racing huh? Geez.
I cant wait for V-Drive Video to release the footage, it should be great.
DaveyB glad you were ok and it is a bummer the boat went over, cause it was running hard!
Anyone heard the new about Steve Tustenson? with the P74 boat? is he ok?
BTW: Hey Maxi, do you have your sack back? lol. :D What do you feed Grich? he is a machine!

Moneypitt
04-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Well, we could blame the WIND on Ross, but even that was out of his control. He tried to get the finals in, but ol' Mother Nature always gets the last say......I think the correct decision was made to call the race. Especially after the river created a D'Cucci open bow jet boat. I can imagine the busted up flatties, that are considerably "lighter", if they tried to run in that stuff. I thought about Steve all the way home, but he's a tough old cracker racer and I'm hoping for a full recovery and a return to the boats he loves so much. Oh, and thanks to Pat for taking the majority of the "racing grimlins" rath. His 711 boat is right on the edge of success, but we all know how sharp that edge can be. Tony and Crieg, we missed you, but Dennis did a good job in your absence, the "Cone" looked good, as usual. Shane Hall got his first PS heat victory, and I think it was with the little motor!! The PS 929 is a force to be reconded with, for sure....And I gotta mention Dale Hernandez Jr., it takes alot of "moxie" to come out from Minnesota, 3 times now, to race with the west coast guys. He is now headed north to Oregon to run a couple of races up there with a stop off at the Allerton's in Castro Valley, and he said something about a "girl" he met in Bakersfield, (I warned him about Bakersfield girls), along the way......The Rankin team was, well, the Rankin team, thats all that needs to be said. Ron Hill brough us a prop to test, but we never had the conditions we wanted to test it, maybe we'll rent Rankin Lake and be able to get some "homework" done before Long Beach.......Alright racers, 2 months to Burley and you can never start early enough to prepare for that one......Maybe see you there??..............My thoughts remain with Steve, any up dates would be apprieciated...........Ray

Stab-n-Steer
04-23-2007, 10:19 AM
What happened to Steve? Any updates?
Thanks,
Randy

Stab-n-Steer
04-23-2007, 10:56 AM
I just talked to Steve and he is banged up but ok. Apparently he broke 4 ribs and possibly bruised his heart. After the accident he was released by the ambulance crew but felt horrible and went to the hospital in Parker. The doctor there didn't like his EKG so they air lifted him to Palm Springs were he spent the night. They just released him a few hours ago.
Like Ray said he's a tough old cracker racer and he'll race again...
Randy

dmontzsta
04-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey Randy,
Thanks for the heads up, that is good to hear. That is one way to remember your 50th birthday huh? :)

MAXIMUS
04-23-2007, 12:55 PM
BTW: Hey Maxi, do you have your sack back? lol. :D What do you feed Grich? he is a machine!
Why did you need to borrow it again???:notam:

mostly crue
04-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks guys for the info on Steve. Amy talked to Steve right before they
took him away and said he didn't look good. Jeff and Joe had to pick him up and put him in the truck.

dmontzsta
04-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Why did you need to borrow it again???:notam:
ouch! I see you havent lost your wit! :)
Good to see you again, your hair is beautiful, I think we need to call you Fabio, you big stud.:devil:

lilrick
04-23-2007, 01:49 PM
What a long weekend for racing huh? Geez.
I cant wait for V-Drive Video to release the footage, it should be great.
DaveyB glad you were ok and it is a bummer the boat went over, cause it was running hard!
Anyone heard the new about Steve Tustenson? with the P74 boat? is he ok?
fag

dmontzsta
04-23-2007, 01:53 PM
fag
:cry:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-23-2007, 02:10 PM
The races were fun! Although I had puppy duty and never made it into the pits, I did finally meet the infamous Maximus. ;)
Lil' Rick, missed your races but glad to hear you did well!
:D
Linda

MAXIMUS
04-23-2007, 02:54 PM
The races were fun! Although I had puppy duty and never made it into the pits, I did finally meet the infamous Maximus. ;)
Lil' Rick, missed your races but glad to hear you did well!
:D
Linda
Kind of a let down huh...:rolleyes: It was nice meeting you both... at least somebody showed up to the races this weekend...:notam:

MAXIMUS
04-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Good to see you again, your hair is beautiful, I think we need to call you Fabio, you big stud.:devil:
We could write childrens books... The misadventures of Fabio & his side kick Powder...:jawdrop:

dmontzsta
04-23-2007, 02:58 PM
We could write childrens books... The misadventures of Fabio & his side kick Powder...:jawdrop:
Great idea! Although we will have to change it from Powder to "Racoon Eyes", especially after this weekend. ****in permanent sunglasses on my face now. We can make some more money and get you some updated technology, maybe 60s? :D

wsuwrhr
04-23-2007, 03:17 PM
This thread is worthless without pictures.

RiverGames
04-23-2007, 04:35 PM
if you were there, you would have all the beautiful pictures right upstairs in the ole' brain. comes in handy too. Expecially when the F'in jet boat lost power and got lost in the weeds for about 40 minutes!!!! hahahaha. out of all the years i havent seen that one before.

dmontzsta
04-23-2007, 04:51 PM
if you were there, you would have all the beautiful pictures right upstairs in the ole' brain. comes in handy too. Expecially when the F'in jet boat lost power and got lost in the weeds for about 40 minutes!!!! hahahaha. out of all the years i havent seen that one before.
Better watch out, they might jump you! :)

rossdbos
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
I spoke to Tustison today for a long time. He was airlifted to Palm Springs after La Paz County hospital couldn't get his EKG's to stabilize so they thought better safe than sorry. Steve went after his wife made him and after a thorough examination at Eisenhower, I believe, he was released and is home recouperating. Here's the prognosis: 5-6 broken rib's, bruised lung and heart. He was in good spirits and said will be good to race again in the near future. So good news!
I will get the results posted sometime tonight or tommorrow. Very beat and mentally exhausted.
Long weekend.
Ross

cyclone
04-23-2007, 08:47 PM
which jet boat?

lilrick
04-23-2007, 08:59 PM
which jet boat?
blue and white saguaro

RiverGames
04-23-2007, 09:00 PM
which jet boat?
it was a blue boat. i dont remember the # off the top of my head. it was a pretty good race too. from what i remember, he was hitting the north side turn and i believe lost power and when right into the tulies. no one could see him until he stood on the deck and waved his hands. im sure someone else reading this will post the # of the jet boat that "momentarly disappeared" from the race track

RiverGames
04-23-2007, 09:01 PM
blue and white saguaro
i liked your boat alot better in person than on the pic you have for your signature. looks bad ass dude. how do you feel she ran?

Rexone
04-23-2007, 11:11 PM
BGJ to Fabio.
It's got possibilities. :)

lilrick
04-24-2007, 02:04 AM
i liked your boat alot better in person than on the pic you have for your signature. looks bad ass dude. how do you feel she ran?
Did you introduce yourself? The boat worked better than I expected. But, it will work BETTER and I will be Faster.

RiverGames
04-24-2007, 06:17 AM
Did you introduce yourself? The boat worked better than I expected. But, it will work BETTER and I will be Faster.
when i checked out your boat, either you or some fellas helpin your boat looked busy so i didnt want to bother you at that time. will you be at marine stadium or and races before then?

lilrick
04-24-2007, 09:09 AM
when i checked out your boat, either you or some fellas helpin your boat looked busy so i didnt want to bother you at that time. will you be at marine stadium or and races before then?
I will definitely be at Long Beach. Come by and say hi!!:D