PDA

View Full Version : How do you talk them out of it?

MommaRipka
04-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Another one of my kids bought a boat. That make 3 boats my hubby has to work on besides our own. It would'nt be so bad if they were chevys. I'm getting nervous 2 more are looking to buy boats.

uvindex
04-23-2007, 11:03 AM
How do you talk them out of it?That's like asking how do you talk a woman out of buying shoes? Not gonna happen. :) Sorry about that.

Run_em_Hard
04-23-2007, 11:04 AM
He should help a little bit but doesn't need to do it all. There is only one way for your kids to learn how to do thier own shit, that is to do it themselves. Then if they get stuck on something they can't do thats when you call dad for advice. At least thats how I do it:D

MommaRipka
04-23-2007, 11:06 AM
It would'nt be so bad but we got a boat so we could get away from the kids. I guess we should be greatful that they still like us.

MommaRipka
04-23-2007, 11:09 AM
If funny you say that, We had boat day this last Sat. they all brought them to the house a dad said do this do that while we watched it was pretty funny

Run_em_Hard
04-23-2007, 11:09 AM
It would'nt be so bad but we got a boat so we could get away from the kids. I guess we should be greatful that they still like us.
Just be honest with them...there has been plenty of times when my parents straight told me I wasn't invited on some lake/river trips. If they can't respect that then o well, they will get over it.

MommaRipka
04-23-2007, 11:11 AM
I see everyones going to havasu anyone heading to Martinez? would be nice to meet some HB peeps there

Ziggy
04-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Yup, they need to learn and fix some stuff on their own because inevitably they will need to fix something while on the water.......... sooner or later:D