PDA

View Full Version : What does your kid live for??

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Wel, Mel is dying to do this in college...we are getting ready for try-outs again..gotta love the sport where more kids are hurt than any other....so far no injuries, though...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGWynZvREFc
SHE WATCHES THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Mine wants to be a trophy truck driver (he's 10). He's seen Dust to Glory probably 500 times. He knows every line. He eats, drinks, sleeps and plays off-road racing. Doesn't help (hurt?) that he gets to be front and center as pre-running co-pilot for dad from time to time. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Some Kind Of Monster
04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Wel, Mel is dying to do this in college...we are getting read for try-outs again..gotta love the sport where more kids are hurt than any other....so far no injuries, though...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGWynZvREFc
I don't have any kids yet, but when I was younger there was two things that I lived for. Basketball and BMX. I had BIG dreams for basketballand was being watched in high school. Well my BMX bike hung up on a bench once and my right arm shattered on the pavement. Elbow shattered = Basketball career shattered.

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Mine wants to be a trophy truck driver (he's 10). He's seen Dust to Glory probably 500 times. He knows every line. He eats, drinks, sleeps and plays off-road racing. Doesn't help (hurt?) that he gets to be front and center as pre-running co-pilot for dad from time to time. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
LOL! She can sing all the damn songs all mixed up like that and I swear she would move to Georgia if she could....or Kentucky, her other favorite squad is from there....
I'm sure your little man knows that movie line for line by now, LOL!! That is so awesome he has those special opportunities with Dad--that's what dreams are made of!!:D

MR.rvrluvr
04-23-2007, 12:49 PM
all three of mine live to drive me crazy....so far they are very succesful.....If they could make money at it they would be millionaires...........:D :D

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 12:51 PM
I don't have any kids yet, but when I was younger there was two things that I lived for. Basketball and BMX. I had BIG dreams for basketballand was being watched in high school. Well my BMX bike hung up on a bench once and my right arm shattered on the pavement. Elbow shattered = Basketball career shattered.
:cry: Oh no!! Sounds like you were just being a typical boy!! Always wanting to go have fun....Does your elbow still bother you? That sounds bad...
Now one day you will have to live through your kids, hee hee....
Mel's coach is always nervous when she wants to ride her dirt bike--she is not an aggressive rider or anything, but he thinks she'll come home with something broken...:( :rolleyes:

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 12:55 PM
all three of mine live to drive me crazy....so far they are very succesful.....If they could make money at it they would be millionaires...........:D :D
I know alot of kids like that, LMAO!!!!:D

JB in so cal
04-23-2007, 12:57 PM
mine like to flaunt the law and ride on the bow:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/2271dogsinbow.JPG

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 01:00 PM
mine like to flaunt the law and ride on the bow:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/2271dogsinbow.JPG
Screw the rules!! LOL...

2Driver
04-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Mine wants to be a trophy truck driver (he's 10). He's seen Dust to Glory probably 500 times. .
Just what SW needs another trophy truck on his ars during a race :D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Just what SW needs another trophy truck on his ars during a race :D :D
LOL

SCR INC
04-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Wel, Mel is dying to do this in college...we are getting ready for try-outs again..gotta love the sport where more kids are hurt than any other....so far no injuries, though...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGWynZvREFc
Hey... So funny I was @ friends house last pm and that stuff comes on Cable.. The girl I was sitting next to goes I trained so and so that were performing on TV.. Just was thinking if you guys need a trainer or coach she is very into that cheer / squad thing... I mean daily..
I will have to stop in and say hello.. Hope all is going well for ya!
Scotty.

jayd_jr
04-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Well for my daughter it has to gymnastics. At age nine she already talks about the college she wants to go to and keeps her grades up to do so. Best question for me was "dad is Harvard a good school?". I love getting behind her and being positive with her 4 hour workouts three days a week. She has worked so hard already and it payed off last year with a Level 4 State Championship in San Diego. She cant wait till this coming year and Level 5.

boatsnblondes
04-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Cheerleading, the next olympic sport....:D :D :D

Some Kind Of Monster
04-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Not sure what it will lead to...maybe a career in politics?
Or explosives :idea: ass explosives :eek:

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey... So funny I was @ friends house last pm and that stuff comes on Cable.. The girl I was sitting next to goes I trained so and so that were performing on TV.. Just was thinking if you guys need a trainer or coach she is very into that cheer / squad thing... I mean daily..
I will have to stop in and say hello.. Hope all is going well for ya!
Scotty.
Hi Scotty--all's well--say hi to Chucky babe....:D :D

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Well for my daughter it has to gymnastics. At age nine she already talks about the college she wants to go to and keeps her grades up to do so. Best question for me was "dad is Harvard a good school?". I love getting behind her and being positive with her 4 hour workouts three days a week. She has worked so hard already and it payed off last year with a Level 4 State Championship in San Diego. She cant wait till this coming year and Level 5.
That is so awesome!!! I bet your gymnastics bills are even worse than my cheer bills....oh my god...Moving to level 5?? She's 9?? That is way cool!!!! Good luck to you guys this season!!!:D :D It's so exciting to watch them, huh???

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Cheerleading, the next olympic sport....:D :D :D
If you don't think that's a sport you are crazy....They are in unbelieveable shape and are true athletes. The practice schedule is grueling (sp) along with traveling and school--they are amazing in my eyes....don't know what you see.

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 01:39 PM
One kid seems to live for keeping his hand in his pants ala Al Bundy...My little girl is enjoying saying,"I just destroyed that porta potty".
Not sure what it will lead to...maybe a career in politics?
OMG!! LOl....I guess you need a few more years....
BTW, I think boys always have their hands in their pants, LMAO...

jayd_jr
04-23-2007, 01:41 PM
That is so awesome!!! I bet your gymnastics bills are even worse than my cheer bills....oh my god...Moving to level 5?? She's 9?? That is way cool!!!! Good luck to you guys this season!!!:D :D It's so exciting to watch them, huh???
Yep the bills get up there. Yes she is nine and is Level 5 right now. Hopefully her pace will stay one level a year.( I hope she pays for her college!) But its hard to move up a level at a time. A good Level 10 girl can usually get a scholarship. I get way nervous watching and its heartbreaking when they dont do well. We have one father that comes to the events and doesnt watch his daughter, he leaves as she starts her event.
Make sure you stop by "The Lurkers" if we are their, the girls can hang out!

Havasu Luvr
04-23-2007, 01:51 PM
My youngest just left for Iraq (S.A.W. Gunner) and he told me sat night at the airport that he just wants to come home in one piece..........15 months is going to be eternity:mad:
On a better note, I have the other son coming home in Nov of this year....:D

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Yep the bills get up there. Yes she is nine and is Level 5 right now. Hopefully her pace will stay one level a year.( I hope she pays for her college!) But its hard to move up a level at a time. A good Level 10 girl can usually get a scholarship. I get way nervous watching and its heartbreaking when they dont do well. We have one father that comes to the events and doesnt watch his daughter, he leaves as she starts her event.
Make sure you stop by "The Lurkers" if we are their, the girls can hang out!
The Lurkers across from Needles Marina? We'll look for you guys....:)

bunny 166
04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
My youngest just left for Iraq (S.A.W. Gunner) and he told me sat night at the airport that he just wants to come home in one piece..........15 months is going to be eternity:mad:
On a better note, I have the other son coming home in Nov of this year....:D
Prayin' they both come home safe....;) I'm sure they are so proud, though--I know you are...:)