PDA

View Full Version : New Cruiser Pics

BADBLOWN572
04-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Some people have been asking to see some updated pictures of the new boats that we are building. Here they are. Sorry the quality is not the best, but you can see what we are doing.
The hull and deck are bonded together and the transom inlays are complete. The stainless steel rub rail was on back order so it has yet to go on the boat. It should be on shortly. For the engine compartment, we went with a carbon fiber look. The floors and transom are aluminzed carbon veneer and the bilge is black carbon veneer. I love the way it turned out. :) These pictures do not do it justice. This one will have our in house 600/600 complete with a Bravo 1 XR. V-drive is also an option. We are trying to get #1 done by memorial day. #2 is already in the mold and #3 goes in shortly after. :) It is going to be a fun summer!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15980421071120.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15980421071120a.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15980421071120b.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15980421071124.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15980421071124a.jpg

shadow
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Great Job Dan the boat is coming along and looking very nic!

76ANTHONY
04-23-2007, 01:17 PM
dammmm danny, that boats lookin awesome, i fricken love the color, im stealing that shiat and puttin it on my hawaiian....awesome job bro, im glad your kickin azz:D :D

RiverDave
04-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Looks GREAT! Danny!!
Can't wait to see it in person, as well can't wait to see the 1st V-Drive!
Love the veneers BTW
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15980421071120b.jpg
RD

dmontzsta
04-25-2007, 09:04 AM
What type of hull is it? and what is the bottom based on?

RiverDave
04-25-2007, 09:06 AM
What type of hull is it? and what is the bottom based on?
Danny bought the Howard Custom Cruiser Molds a few months ago. Howard originally splashed the Spectra 20, and later changed the deck into what you see here. They also had the original Spectra deck, and a whaler deck as well.
RD

dmontzsta
04-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Danny bought the Howard Custom Cruiser Molds a few months ago. Howard originally splashed the Spectra 20, and later changed the deck into what you see here. They also had the original Spectra deck, and a whaler deck as well.
RD
Thanks for the info. It is a very nice looking hull, looks alot like a Schiada. I think the paint scheme is also pretty sweet and not faggy like the newer stuff.
So it is basically a Spectra 20 bottom? I have never rode in a Spectra, but have heard that they ride very well, kind of like a poor mans Schiada?

riverbound
04-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the info. It is a very nice looking hull, looks alot like a Schiada. I think the paint scheme is also pretty sweet and not faggy like the newer stuff.
So it is basically a Spectra 20 bottom? I have never rode in a Spectra, but have heard that they ride very well, kind of like a poor mans Schiada?
The bottoms are very similar but one of them has a shallower V (I think the Schiada). I have been in a couple different Spectra 20 and the ride is very nice. With that thinking,wouldnt ANY V bottom be considered a poor mans schiada:confused:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 09:42 AM
With that thinking,wouldnt ANY V bottom be considered a poor mans schiada:confused:
I love Schiadas, but Raysoncrafts are faster....;)
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC01544.JPG
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC01539.JPG
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC01623.JPG

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Looks nice guys, I look forward to seeing it all rigged up and finished.:) (when taking pictures, stand with the sun behind you. They'll come out much better.:cool: )
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15980421071124.jpg

RiverDave
04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
How do they compare in real world weekend at the river slop n chop? There shallow entry would leave me to believe they wouldn't run as good in the real rough stuff as a Schiada, or possibly even a Spectra/Howard?
RD

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 11:35 AM
How do they compare in real world weekend at the river slop n chop? There shallow entry would leave me to believe they wouldn't run as good in the real rough stuff as a Schiada, or possibly even a Spectra/Howard?
RD
By "real world river weekend" do you mean havasu on a 3 day weekend? Or parker on busy (summer) saturday afternoon or big river in october?
For me, "real world" doesn't include over crowded "popular" areas.
When racing the catalina ski race, I would guess the guys in the schiada get a little smoother ride than the faster 21 Rayson. If you're looking for comfort buy a bayliner.:D

riverbound
04-25-2007, 11:39 AM
By "real world river weekend" do you mean havasu on a 3 day weekend? Or parker on busy (summer) saturday afternoon or big river in october?
When racing the catalina ski race, I would guess the guys in the schiada get a little smoother ride than the faster 21 Rayson. If you're looking for comfort buy a bayliner.:D
If thats the case buy a flattie and throw comfort to the wind ;)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
If thats the case buy a flattie and throw comfort to the wind ;)
Now you're gettin it!:D

RiverDave
04-25-2007, 11:49 AM
If it's all about just being fast, then why not get an Outboard? ;) :D Or a tunnel?
RD

WILDERTHANU
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
If it's all about just being fast, then why not get an Outboard? ;) :D Or a tunnel?
RD
......or a Riverdave!

dmontzsta
04-25-2007, 11:53 AM
RD
Cause it is about hearing and feeling the power.
If he wanted to be gay, then he would buy an outboard. :)
Why roll a civic when you can roll a Mustang? :D

RiverDave
04-25-2007, 11:54 AM
......or a Riverdave!
Too expensive for what ya get.. ;)
RD

riverbound
04-25-2007, 11:54 AM
RD
Or BOTH....thats what Im talking about....and its comfy :)

superdave013
04-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I'll put my money on the #17 Red Schiada.

mbrown2
04-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Boat is looking good Danny...good luck with the rest of the build.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
RD
Or a "tunnel outboard" Lol. Then you can attend the hoax known as the bbsp and brag about all the big blocks you would have spanked had they shown up.:D :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
I'll put my money on the #17 Red Schiada.
And I'll be happy to take your money.;)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Cause it is about hearing and feeling the power.
If he wanted to be gay, then he would buy an outboard. :)
Why roll a civic when you can roll a Mustang? :D
Or why go with the lakers when you can go with the suns?:eek: :D :) :D :eek:

dmontzsta
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Or why go with the lakers when you can go with the suns?:eek: :D :) :D :eek:
**** YOU!:mad:
God damn bandwagonners...

riverbound
04-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Or a "tunnel outboard" Lol. Then you can attend the hoax known as the bbsp and brag about all the big blocks you would have spanked had they shown up.:D :)
You mean the Big Block boats actually leave the trailer or the garage?? :eek:
;) :D
Boating does mean actually using your boat....not just talking about it ;)

wsuwrhr
04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I used to boat when I had one boat, I bought a second and I never went boating again.
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Like this? :D Lol...
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/outboard_trailer_queens.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/DSC01733.JPG
Its not about right or wrong. It's who has the best internet skills.:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Boy we jacked the shit out of this thread.... BadBlown572 let me know when your ready to float that thing and I'll hook you up some free photography (if you want it [and you do it locally]). :cool:

riverbound
04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Boy we jacked the shit out of this thread.... BadBlown572 let me know when your ready to float that thing and I'll hook you up some free photography (if you want it [and you do it locally]). :cool:
Yes, we did LOL :D

BADBLOWN572
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the boats. :) From what I understand, the 21 Schiada has a slightly more agressive V than the Howard. I was also told that with identical power, the Custom Cruiser would run faster than an equally equipped Schiada. However, the Schiada will knock down the rough stuff better than the Howard.
What I want to do is to build a kick A$$ all around boat that has the potential to haul the mail and to be a good all around boat. The boat should safely run into the 100's without getting crazy and will run real well with a 350. As an overall boat, I can't think of too many other boats I would rather have. :) Besides, many new boats don't have a "soul" to them. The cruisers do. :)
BTW, the pictures were taken with a camera phone. ;) The pictures don't do the work any justice. Unfortunately, I didn't have a digital camera with me. I also had no intention of posting them on HB until a couple of people talked me into it.

flat broke
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
The bottoms are very similar but one of them has a shallower V (I think the Schiada). I have been in a couple different Spectra 20 and the ride is very nice. With that thinking,wouldnt ANY V bottom be considered a poor mans schiada:confused:
Schiada has the deeper V.
Danny,
Congrats on moving forward with this whole deal. It's awesome that you're already looking 3 boats down the line. I'm sure the pics don't do the inlay work justice, but even in the pics, it looks like it is gonna be killer. Where were ya 3 years ago :) Good luck with everything and yes, the cruisers definitely have soul. If you ever take Jerry up on that photo/video shoot, give me a call and I can handle my end of things at the same time.
Chris

riverbound
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Chris
Thanks, I knew it was one of them just didnt remember which one.

djunkie
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the boats. :) From what I understand, the 21 Schiada has a slightly more agressive V than the Howard. I was also told that with identical power, the Custom Cruiser would run faster than an equally equipped Schiada. However, the Schiada will knock down the rough stuff better than the Howard.
What I want to do is to build a kick A$$ all around boat that has the potential to haul the mail and to be a good all around boat. The boat should safely run into the 100's without getting crazy and will run real well with a 350. As an overall boat, I can't think of too many other boats I would rather have. :) Besides, many new boats don't have a "soul" to them. The cruisers do. :)
BTW, the pictures were taken with a camera phone. ;) The pictures don't do the work any justice. Unfortunately, I didn't have a digital camera with me. I also had no intention of posting them on HB until a couple of people talked me into it.
I believe JP's Howard ran in the 100's and was stable. Just ask him what he thought about it. I'm sure he'll say he should have never gotten rid of it. :D :D

dmontzsta
04-25-2007, 02:07 PM
As an overall boat, I can't think of too many other boats I would rather have. :) Besides, many new boats don't have a "soul" to them. The cruisers do. :)
It is a good thing there are still people like you in the world. :)

BADBLOWN572
04-25-2007, 02:56 PM
It is a good thing there are still people like you in the world. :)
I think that there are more out there than you realize. Many people are just not informed of what a "hot boat" is. Personally I think that a hot boat is a boat that is one off and is completely built by hand and every detail is addressed. Personally I like boats that it is obvious that the attention to detail has been taken as well as pride while building it. :)
I look at boats that are put out by Prime, Schiada, Dave Sammons, etc... Those to me are "hot boats." That is the level of quality that I am aiming for. :)

dmontzsta
04-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I think that there are more out there than you realize. Many people are just not informed of what a "hot boat" is. Personally I think that a hot boat is a boat that is one off and is completely built by hand and every detail is addressed. Personally I like boats that it is obvious that the attention to detail has been taken as well as pride while building it. :)
I look at boats that are put out by Prime, Schiada, Dave Sammons, etc... Those to me are "hot boats." That is the level of quality that I am aiming for. :)
This is why you will sell boats, you might not sell as many as the yuppie boat builders, but you will sell boats to people who respect them and have alot more pride in ownership, that is for sure.

bordsmnj
04-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Danny is guilty of trying to break up a certain cult only to pump another one up. anyone wanna buy a slightly used stoker?lol.
<----bords(shipjumper)mnj:D

riverbound
04-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Danny is guilty of trying to break up a certain cult only to pump another one up. anyone wanna buy a slightly used stoker?lol.
<----bords(shipjumper)mnj:D
Your new motor certainly would look good in between the stringers Of one of these ;) :D

superdave013
04-25-2007, 03:44 PM
That little schiada you did with RD was right up there with those. And I think so far you are the only one here who has built a boat that made it in the "Deam Boats" section of Sea Magazine. I swear I think your's also was the only one that was priced under 1 million ever to make that cut.
I have no doubt that you will turn out some very nice work with these molds. What would be nice is to find a middle ground so people could get into a new v drive cruiser for less then 100K.
So VDV, can we just use the results from the last 2 Parker 300 races? You know, correct the times to get rid of that handicap the #17 boat had. ;)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 03:52 PM
So VDV, can we just use the results from the last 2 Parker 300 races? You know, correct the times to get rid of that handicap the #17 boat had. ;)
Since the gn kilo record is held by a raysoncraft just talk Gary into beating the record. Its only 121. Get past that and we'll stage a top speed showdown.;)

superdave013
04-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Since the gn kilo record is held by a raysoncraft just talk Gary into beating the record. Its only 121. Get past that and we'll stage a top speed showdown.;)
lets see any GN boat go that fast these days. lol
That record is from days (and open engine rules) gone by.
Hey, I love those Raysons as much as anyone else so I'm not hatin. Just that #17 boat is the most impressive running crusier out there right now IMO.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-25-2007, 05:46 PM
lets see any GN boat go that fast these days. lol
That record is from days (and open engine rules) gone by.
Hey, I love those Raysons as much as anyone else so I'm not hatin. Just that #17 boat is the most impressive running crusier out there right now IMO.
So you don't think one of these boats in competiton or otherwise couldn't do an engine swap for a showdown? The GN record holder Tub of Fools is in the neighborhood.
I think one of Gordy's K motors in the gn-9 would run 1 helluva number.:)
Remember this boat?
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Simi%20001.jpg
I'd like to see John Meads vs Hairabedian for schiada bragging rights with the winner taking on the top Rayson.;)

RiverDave
04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
!!

riverbound
04-25-2007, 08:33 PM
!!
You are a man of many words ;)

BADAXE
04-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Danny,
If you could get your hands on the old Spectra 24XS mold and build it to the quality your talking about I would be very interested. I do most of my boating at Lake Mead so the 21 wouldn't work so well some of the time.

BADBLOWN572
04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Danny,
If you could get your hands on the old Spectra 24XS mold and build it to the quality your talking about I would be very interested. I do most of my boating at Lake Mead so the 21 wouldn't work so well some of the time.
That is a boat that I would also be very interested in getting. Unfortunately I do not know who has them. :( I was very fortunate, the CC mold happened to kind of fall into my lap. :) If anyone knows where it is, I would love to look at it! :)

Howard77
04-26-2007, 11:14 AM
good looking boat, always been fan of the Howard and Spectra
are you going to make it an outdrive or v drive?

Howard77
04-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Sanger has the Spectra 24xs mold, a friend of mine go one of the last hauls made in 1993. The wait until the get three orders. Plus I heard the son is running Sanger and does not like to make them (just a rummor)

riverbound
04-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Danny,
The only thing I dislike about the 24xs is I think the deck would have to be slightly re-tooled to make it looks more sleek. Other than that a new version of that boat would be fun.

Howard77
04-26-2007, 11:32 AM
I rebuilding a 24xs rith now and if you do the color right I don't think anything looks and rides better
I am tring to hunt down the molds, I know Spectra had two

spectras only
04-26-2007, 12:11 PM
The spectra/howard has a 12 degree deadrise , I think the schiada has 15 :idea: I think. However the forward entry isn't sharper on the schiada .Get a picture of one and put it side by side of my picture .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/spectraosoyoos2.jpg
You compare the spectra with the schiada only if the spectra has 4 full length stringers. Most spectras with jets of late came with engine stringers and mid section floors only .I've modified mine to 2 full stringers and 5 crossframes with floor incorporated . Used the boat occasionally in the ocean in very rough conditions no problem.

spectras only
04-26-2007, 12:18 PM
The only thing I dislike about the 24xs is I think the deck would have to be slightly re-tooled to make it looks more sleek. Other than that a new version of that boat would be fun.
You're right , the 24 spectra would look killer by removing the raised cabin section . The boat rides awesome in rough water >
http://media.putfile.com/24-Spectra-in-English-Bay-2006-July-22

spectras only
04-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Here's another example of the 32 Spectra XS looking great in its original configuration
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/32%20%20spectra.jpg
But someone redid the deck with shorter cabin ;) >
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/spectra%2032%20xs.2.jpg

RiverDave
04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
I think there was different Decks on the 24's RiverBound. The "XS" was the lower profile deck.
Here is a picture of a 24 XS
http://www.spectramarine.com/ownersboats/boat13_1.gif
http://www.spectramarine.com/ownersboats/boat15_3.gif
http://www.spectramarine.com/ownersboats/waske_2.jpg
There was a taller deck version as well.. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.
RD

riverbound
04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
I think there was different Decks on the 24's RiverBound. The "XS" was the lower profile deck.
Here is a picture of a 24 XS
http://www.spectramarine.com/ownersboats/waske_2.jpg
RD
Gotcha...that dfoes look better...the 24's I have seen were pretty tall and had actual windows in the sides :( that one definitely looks better.

RiverDave
04-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Not 100% sure becuase they put some small windows in the sides of the XS's sometimes (very small vent windows) but I think this might be the tall deck version or the "Spectra 24" (not XS)
http://www.spectramarine.com/images/johnanddee1.gif
This one I'm possitive is the tall boy deck
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/plcnad/5252100/87786192_1.jpg
RD

Howard77
04-26-2007, 12:54 PM
that Spectra 32 is amazing, where did you get it?

dmontzsta
04-26-2007, 01:00 PM
The 24 looks a little too big IMO. Not really in the "hot boat" realm at that point.

RiverDave
04-26-2007, 01:19 PM
The 24 looks a little too big IMO. Not really in the "hot boat" realm at that point.
Well I dunno... With two sets of Over the transom headers and inline twins it looks like a ***boat to me.. :D
http://www.spectramarine.com/images/pastads/raceboatad.gif
There's also a picture of a 24' with twin steering wheels airborne in some race in the background of Brents site if you click on the brochures tab.
RD

dmontzsta
04-26-2007, 01:21 PM
It looks alot different in that pic, more like a 21' cruiser. I guess on the trailer it just looks like big. :)

BADAXE
04-26-2007, 01:50 PM
RD
Yes, you are correct.

BADBLOWN572
04-26-2007, 01:55 PM
good looking boat, always been fan of the Howard and Spectra
are you going to make it an outdrive or v drive?
This first one is going to be an I/O. When I do finally build MY BOAT :D it will definitely be a high H.P. V-drive. :)

BADAXE
04-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Sanger has the Spectra 24xs mold, a friend of mine go one of the last hauls made in 1993. The wait until the get three orders. Plus I heard the son is running Sanger and does not like to make them (just a rummor)
Well if that's the case maybe they would consider selling the mold.:idea:

flat broke
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
I wasn't arguing the entry, though a dead on front shot of both hulls would be interesting, and I'm pretty sure a Schaida's entry is a little more knife edged than the Spectra even if the angles are the same or very similar.
It's just that the steeper deadrise should cause the Schiada to run smoother in situations where you're not stuffing the nose to get through the slop. Once you air out the Spectra past where the hull transitions from the entry to the 12* deadrise, the ride can get a little rough in the chop. Though my results are always going to be skewed in that department compared to a V'drive, as the jet drive doesn't induce any lift to soften things up. Hopefully my current hull/experiment will alliviate this problem to some extent.
I didn't mean to get off on a tangent, so with that said... Danny, the hulls look bitchen, can't wait to see some numbers and more rigging pics, and don't wait too long to build your own.
Chris
The spectra/howard has a 12 degree deadrise , I think the schiada has 15 :idea: I think. However the forward entry isn't sharper on the schiada .Get a picture of one and put it side by side of my picture .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/spectraosoyoos2.jpg
You compare the spectra with the schiada only if the spectra has 4 full length stringers. Most spectras with jets of late came with engine stringers and mid section floors only .I've modified mine to 2 full stringers and 5 crossframes with floor incorporated . Used the boat occasionally in the ocean in very rough conditions no problem.

spectras only
04-26-2007, 03:39 PM
The "Banzai" was the XL model [ like mine with the windows ] with twin 454's turboed running 90 mph back in the late 70's :idea: . Not a ***boat eh ? :D
24'6" XL model with windows . Some XS models had windows too with different shape .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/IMG_1101.JPG
Different angle shows the bow to be short >
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/spectravdrive3%20copy.jpg

dmontzsta
04-26-2007, 03:41 PM
The "Banzai" was the XL model [ like mine with the windows ] with twin 454's turboed running 90 mph back in the late 70's :idea: . Not a ***boat eh ? :D
24'6" XL model with windows . Some XS models had windows too with different shape .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/1972%20spectra%2024.jpg
Can they turn around on the river? :D

spectras only
04-26-2007, 03:57 PM
I wasn't arguing the entry, though a dead on front shot of both hulls would be interesting, and I'm pretty sure a Schaida's entry is a little more knife edged than the Spectra even if the angles are the same or very similar.
The 21 Schiada RC probably has a narrower beam than the Spectra ,that would make them look sharper looking from the front :idea:

spectras only
04-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Can they turn around on the river? :D
V-drives , of course they can ;) .

sawtooth
04-26-2007, 05:21 PM
The new boat looks great, I really like the floors. Is the carbon veneer you speak of/used on this boat something that a person that is not in the indurstry can buy and if so could you give me some info on it like a company name or a phone number. Thanks, keep up the nice work and keep posting progress pics when time allows.
Chris.

VD CRUISER
04-27-2007, 06:02 AM
The Schiada does have a slightly sharper entry up front and seems to ride smoother than the Howard/Spectra, but with equal power and the correct setup I believe the Howard/Spectra is faster.
Glad to see someone is making these boats again. My 83 Howard may need replacing in the future :D

BADBLOWN572
04-27-2007, 06:37 AM
The new boat looks great, I really like the floors. Is the carbon veneer you speak of/used on this boat something that a person that is not in the indurstry can buy and if so could you give me some info on it like a company name or a phone number. Thanks, keep up the nice work and keep posting progress pics when time allows.
Chris.
I am not involved with the ordering of any materials for the lamination. I defer all of those decisions to the guys at Genesis. We talked about what I wanted and what the lamination schedule is and then they ordered the materials from there. I have no idea who they are using for the veneer or where to get it. :( I just know that it looks awesome. :)
You could probaby find a source for Carbon Fiber pretty easily on the internet. The hard part is making sure that it lays down nicely. Once it does, you would have to clear coat over the top then color sand and buff. The guys over at Genesis said that the process took them between 30-40 hours to complete. :eek:

BADBLOWN572
04-27-2007, 06:44 AM
I just got some pictures of boat #2. Personally, I think that they look better than boat #1. ;) :D

wsuwrhr
04-27-2007, 07:00 AM
I just got some pictures of boat #2. Personally, I think that they look better than boat #1. ;) :D
Buy yourself a good digi camera or film camera and do your boat some justice for pete's sake.
Damn camera phone excuses are getting old.
haha
Need billet?
Brian

BADBLOWN572
04-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Buy yourself a good digi camera or film camera and do your boat some justice for pete's sake.
Damn camera phone excuses are getting old.
haha
Need billet?
Brian
Ha Ha. I havent even seen the boat in person yet. ;) I just got an e-mail with a couple of pictures that were taken when the boat was being bonded together. If I get some time today, I will run out there on my way to the river and take a couple of pictures of the boat. No guarantees though. I should have #2 in my possession sometime next week then I will take some good pictures. :)
If I run into something that I need some custom billet, I will definitely let you know. :)

Racey
04-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Here's another example of the 32 Spectra XS looking great in its original configuration
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/32%20%20spectra.jpg
But someone redid the deck with shorter cabin ;) >
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/spectra%2032%20xs.2.jpg
We still own the molds for those, they are one of the all time best looking boats in that size imo. That's kinda cool with the cabin moved back, never seen one like that.
Was that blue and white one with wood grain stored at a parker a few years back, one of our customers bought one identical to it back then and just resold it after we changed a couple things on it, moved the vents above molding in the back, changed upholstery.
Here's one with 572ci NA Brummett motors that we laid up after we bought the molds from spectra
http://raceyindustries.com/shop/Gallery/32srico.JPG

riverbound
04-27-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm thinking boat#2 looks great! except for that big hole in the bow ;)

spectras only
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Racey , the guy [ Joel ] who restored and modified the 32 was on Brent's site at www.spectramarine.com . You can see a lot more pictures of the boat's progress there . I haven't been on that site lately , and I wonder how is the boat getting on . Maybe someone here knows the status of it . Brent is doing a 24 XS V-drive resto himself, that's probably finished by now . Do you still
laying up some 32 hulls ? How much would you charge for a blank hull/deck ?
I may do one in the future with twin ZZ572 crate engines .

Racey
04-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Racey , the guy [ Joel ] who restored and modified the 32 was on Brent's site at www.spectramarine.com . You can see a lot more pictures of the boat's progress there . I haven't been on that site lately , and I wonder how is the boat getting on . Maybe someone here knows the status of it . Brent is doing a 24 XS V-drive resto himself, that's probably finished by now . Do you still
laying up some 32 hulls ? How much would you charge for a blank hull/deck ?
I may do one in the future with twin ZZ572 crate engines .
It's been about 10-12 years since we've laid one up, we talked to some glass guys down in LA about laying one up for us, they wanted ~40 g's to lay one in vinyl-ester maybe 3-4 years back.

spectras only
04-27-2007, 10:55 AM
It's been about 10-12 years since we've laid one up, we talked to some glass guys down in LA about laying one up for us, they wanted ~40 g's to lay one in vinyl-ester maybe 3-4 years back.
Dkahn here on the board sold a complete boat for 44 ish . Was a super deal ;) .

full throttle
04-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Anyone know what the dealio on the modified deck 32 pulled by the white ford crew? I want one.