PDA

View Full Version : Damn it

STLRFAN
04-23-2007, 01:25 PM
So today I got pulled over for not having mud flaps on my truck. What bull shit. He did let me go for my tinted windows and he didn't notice I dont have a front plate.
Fenders and Mudguards
27600. No person shall operate any motor vehicle having three or more wheels, any trailer, or semitrailer unless equipped with fenders, covers, or devices, including flaps or splash aprons, or unless the body of the vehicle or attachments thereto afford adequate protection to effectively minimize the spray or splash of water or mud to the rear of the vehicle and all such equipment or such body or attachments thereto shall be at least as wide as the tire tread. This section does not apply to those vehicles exempt from registration, trailers and semitrailers having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds, or any vehicles manufactured and first registered prior to January 1, 1971, having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds.
Amended Ch. 215, Stats. 1970. Effective November 23, 1970. :mad:

Mr. Crusader 83
04-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Do what I did. Go to pep boys and get factory looking mudflaps. $19.99
If you have a chevy there is one hole in the rear fender already. Just put one screw going into the mudflap instead of making a hole in your truck. The cruz on down to the chp office and have them sign it off. the ladies in the chp office are braindead. They will sign off anything. Then go home and take them off. But keep them for the next time a cop needs to fill his quota.
Pisses me off too :mad:

Mr. Crusader 83
04-23-2007, 01:57 PM
But dont forget to send in your ticket with $10 mr.:D

STLRFAN
04-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Good idea.. I think my truck would look like shit with mud flaps