PDA

View Full Version : Thanks You Guys

OverKill
04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
As many of you have heard on 3/18/07 I was involved in an vehicle accident that left me temporaraly unable to walk. In a nut shell I was going home here in Queen Creek Arizona. I was driving in a 25mph two way road while being struck by a DRUNK DRIVER at speed guessed to be near 70 mph. I was told with that kind of impact I should not be alive. In fact the driver driffted off his side of the road and over corrected and hit me head on.
I can't thank the medics and fire department enough for cutting me out of a ball of metal. To the extent of my injuries Well lets say it like the Doctors did, my feet were in the shape of steping on two land mines ( two BOMBS). I now have a Titanium rod running through my left femur holding it together, and a titanium rod holding my left for arm together along with 4 cracked vertebre. I must say as painful as it was/is, it could still have been worse.
It is unfortunite the individual that hit me died on inpact. From what I was told he had no air bag and the steering wheel crushed him to death. He did in fact test to twice the leagle drinking limit. I in fact had both, airbag, and seatbelt that saved my life. I was knocked out for about 5 seconds by the airbag and because of me blocking my pretty face with my arms, the airbag is what broke my left for arm. Oh and if you have any loose items in your SUV/car put it away. I left some jumper cables laying in the back and by the suddon stop they swung and cut the back of my head open.
I have now already had 6 surgeries and am expected to make a full recovery. Im told I should be hobbleing around in my walker in about two months. I guess then I will be back on the water.
So I really want to thank you all here on ***boat for all your post's and concerns. I want to give speacial thanks to Squirtcha? and family, and TAF for your visits at my dull low moral hospital room.
Thanks again
OverKill (James) :D

460 jus getn it
04-23-2007, 02:33 PM
James, im glad to hear your going to recover. Any help you need on that boat of yours let me know.

OverKill
04-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks 460 I will do. I will let you know when Squritcha? will be heading out here to install the hand throttle. I would like to have you guys over here just for the company.

Mr. Crusader 83
04-23-2007, 02:55 PM
:D Glad to hear your doing better bro. So do you have any kick a$$ pain killers we can try with a sh*tload of beer? j/k:D
Get well soon

TAF
04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
:D Glad to hear your doing better bro. So do you have any kick a$$ pain killers we can try with a sh*tload of beer? j/k:D
Get well soon
After one beer (and no food fer 4 hrs.) poor James realize he shouldn't try to finish his second beer. Sorry James that you couldn't have made it to the boat drags. How'd yer latest surgery go? Just as painful as the last...I hope not. Everyone from HB at the boat drags asked about you. I went to call you when Somkindamonster was ask'g fer yer phone # again but I got busy work'n on the boat. You going to be home Fri.?:idea:

THEPISTONHEAD
04-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow!
Im glad your still with us and in great spirits! Keep up the positive attitude and I wish you a speedy recovery!
Jason Montgomery

Nucking futs
04-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Glad to hear your on the road to recovery.. I'll catcha on the water.

squirt'nmyload
04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
hope to see you out there soon......let us know if ya need anything :)

Some Kind Of Monster
04-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Glad you're doing better buddy. Like Brian said, let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Just name it. Billy

OverKill
04-23-2007, 08:50 PM
hope to see you out there soon......let us know if ya need anything :)
Well I will probably need a couple of you guys to pick me up and put me in my boat in a couple of weeks. Anyone want to meet up in a few weeks. I'm thinking after my Dotors apt on the 4th of May.

OverKill
04-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Glad to hear your on the road to recovery.. I'll catcha on the water.
That's right brother, "on the water".

OverKill
04-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Glad you're doing better buddy. Like Brian said, let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Just name it. Billy
Billy thanks brother like I said just a lift into and out of the boat. By the way TAF said you need my number again. Give me a call anytime. Home (480) 677-2259 Cell (602) 692-8365. Talk with you soon.
James:)

EAZYKILLER2006
04-23-2007, 09:00 PM
As many of you have heard on 3/18/07 I was involved in an vehicle accident that left me temporaraly unable to walk. In a nut shell I was going home here in Queen Creek Arizona. I was driving in a 25mph two way road while being struck by a DRUNK DRIVER at speed guessed to be near 70 mph. I was told with that kind of impact I should not be alive. In fact the driver driffted off his side of the road and over corrected and hit me head on.
I can't thank the medics and fire department enough for cutting me out of a ball of metal. To the extent of my injuries Well lets say it like the Doctors did, my feet were in the shape of steping on two land mines ( two BOMBS). I now have a Titanium rod running through my left femur holding it together, and a titanium rod holding my left for arm together along with 4 cracked vertebre. I must say as painful as it was/is, it could still have been worse.
It is unfortunite the individual that hit me died on inpact. From what I was told he had no air bag and the steering wheel crushed him to death. He did in fact test to twice the leagle drinking limit. I in fact had both, airbag, and seatbelt that saved my life. I was knocked out for about 5 seconds by the airbag and because of me blocking my pretty face with my arms, the airbag is what broke my left for arm. Oh and if you have any loose items in your SUV/car put it away. I left some jumper cables laying in the back and by the suddon stop they swung and cut the back of my head open.
I have now already had 6 surgeries and am expected to make a full recovery. Im told I should be hobbleing around in my walker in about two months. I guess then I will be back on the water.
So I really want to thank you all here on ***boat for all your post's and concerns. I want to give speacial thanks to Squirtcha? and family, and TAF for your visits at my dull low moral hospital room.
Thanks again
OverKill (James) :D
wow... i did hear about the accident...i was just thinking about you, today... when harry went in to surgery
hope all is well with you...thanks, for the update james...keep us posted...

squirt'nmyload
04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Well I will probably need a couple of you guys to pick me up and put me in my boat in a couple of weeks. Anyone want to meet up in a few weeks. I'm thinking after my Dotors apt on the 4th of May.
something is in the works for the weekend of may 5th........thats probably going to be when my new boat gets wet and a certain 19 daytona :idea:

OverKill
04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
something is in the works for the weekend of may 5th........thats probably going to be when my new boat gets wet and a certain 19 daytona :idea:
Sounds good to me let me ask TAF if he wouldnt mind towing my boat. What lake did you have in mind??

OverKill
04-23-2007, 09:27 PM
wow... i did hear about the accident...i was just thinking about you, today... when harry went in to surgery
hope all is well with you...thanks, for the update james...keep us posted...
I will in deed. I just received a PM from Harry in regards to his situation. I know that feeling all to well just before surgery. My nerves were off the charts. I will be praying for him.

EAZYKILLER2006
04-23-2007, 09:33 PM
I will in deed. I just received a PM from Harry in regards to his situation. I know that feeling all to well just before surgery. My nerves were off the charts. I will be praying for him.
I JUST TRIED TO CALL HIM...DARN THE DR'S WALKED IN...YEA, FOR HIM I THINK IT IS SURGERY NUMBER 8 OR 9 I FORGET...
and i hate to bug...he probably needs his rest....
hope you have a wifey to help you...i thought you had both legs broken?

squirt'nmyload
04-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Sounds good to me let me tell TAF totow my boat. What lake did you have in mind??
probably un-pleasant....keep you posted for sure..even if you can't ride in a boat maybe you could just come out for awhile........i'm sure rob would do it for ya

Cas
04-23-2007, 09:36 PM
wow is right! I, too, am real glad to hear you're going to make a full recovery!
does anyone have one of those truck bed hoists? maybe it could be hooked up into your boat and you can be a little more self reliant ;)
As I said, it's real good to hear you're on your way to recovery!