PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger on a Houseboat!

Familycat
04-23-2007, 03:06 PM
My brother Tom (Bad News Travels Fast) and I just finalized a deal to purchase a 56 foot houseboat on Lake Don Pedro. It has been a very stressfull experience but seems all worth it now that we have spent our first weekend on our new home. It may not be a "Hot Boat" but we sure have a lot of room for a stripper pole. Can't wait to have all of our hot boat buddies, especially thier wives, LOL on board for a frosty beverage and share in the fun. We do have some pictures and would love to post them if I only knew how.
Rick

Robbie Racer
04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
My brother Tom (Bad News Travels Fast) and I just finalized a deal to purchase a 56 foot houseboat on Lake Don Pedro. It has been a very stressfull experience but seems all worth it now that we have spent our first weekend on our new home. It may not be a "Hot Boat" but we sure have a lot of room for a stripper pole. Can't wait to have all of our hot boat buddies, especially thier wives, LOL on board for a frosty beverage and share in the fun. We do have some pictures and would love to post them if I only knew how.
Rick
Way to go Rick. Congratulations to you and Tom on the new home on the water. I look forward to seeing it the next time we get up to Don Pedro. Keith

DCBob
04-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Enjoy, enjoy enjoy, rest up and enjoy some more :D :D :D

Dimarco21
04-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Congrat's Rick/Tommy, Whens the first party?:D

Obsessive Compulsive
04-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Awsome. Congrads.

RitcheyRch
04-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Congrats.

Sleeper
04-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Rick-Glad you finally made the move. Hope you have years and years of SAFE fun.
Which boat did you get on in the slips (maybe someday) or one on the ball?
Mike

boatsnblondes
04-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Rick, congrats...I'll toss ya a sixer as I go by......

Familycat
04-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Rick-Glad you finally made the move. Hope you have years and years of SAFE fun.
Which boat did you get on in the slips (maybe someday) or one on the ball?
Mike
We purchased the LakeView Housebaot that was the second slip on the inside left strand as you come down the walkway. We are currently in Buzzard third string from shore. I know a few people were able to move back to the slips, mostly elderly, handicapped and themn by senority. Where are you?
When is the new DCB going to be ready? Can't wait to see it.
Rick

Familycat
04-24-2007, 06:17 AM
Congrat's Rick/Tommy, Whens the first party?:D
Thanks, we are pretty excited. The first party was last weekend, but not the last. You are always welcome. We will have to set up a trip.
Rick

shadow
04-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Congrats on the Houseboat! Knowing you guys i know you'll have a blast.:)
Don't let Smuckers fall overboard!:eek:

Dimarco21
04-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Thanks, we are pretty excited. The first party was last weekend, but not the last. You are always welcome. We will have to set up a trip.
Rick
Yes we do. A guy I work with also has a houseboat on Pedro, we'll have ta get something going this summer.:D

Familycat
04-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Congrats on the Houseboat! Knowing you guys i know you'll have a blast.:)
Don't let Smuckers fall overboard!:eek:
Thanks Shadow. Happy belated birthday. Looks like a good time.
Smuckers loves the new boat. Luckily it has rails on both top and bottom. He has already learned how to take care of business on shore and not on the boat, so far.
If you want to make the long trip to Nor Cal, you are always welcome. Say hello to Teressa for us.
Rick

HighVoltage 329
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow! I can't beleve you guys bought a houseboat. How cool is that? Can't wait to check it out. Kamis on roof may be is order. What Fun!!!
Lets see some pics.

Digger
04-24-2007, 07:54 PM
So is there going to be a Naci Bash type of gathering at Don Pedro? I've been wanting to go there.

Sleeper
04-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Rick, Cograts again and I know the boat you got very nice lots (at least 3) of bedrooms for all your friends, Actually it next to my son Daryle's (he's first boat on inside), guess you got the jet ski also.
The new DCB should be ready in June - I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At my age and the fact I've been on the marina for 22 years they let me back into my regular slip, luck of the Irish.
They should have a new marina before the end of the summer.
See you on the (I'll be there this weekend).
Mike

Eliminator 4 Life
04-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Rick, Cograts again and I know the boat you got very nice lots (at least 3) of bedrooms for all your friends, Actually it next to my son Daryle's (he's first boat on inside), guess you got the jet ski also.
The new DCB should be ready in June - I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At my age and the fact I've been on the marina for 22 years they let me back into my regular slip, luck of the Irish.
They should have a new marina before the end of the summer.
See you on the (I'll be there this weekend).
Mike
I better see this boat memorial day weekend or else haha...

Eliminator 4 Life
04-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Rick congrats to your family and your brothers on the new boat. Ill keep an eye on your boat for you since Im there every weekend and I guess Ill be seeing more of you this summer. Get the dice cups ready:D

Familycat
04-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Thanks for all of the encouraging words.
Bob, can't wait to have you guys up for some Kami's. E4L yes we will be on the lake for Memorial Day weekend. Actually we have every weekend booked on the Lake through Memorial Day, so if you make it up, come by. Dice cups are already on board.
Sleeper, can't wait to see you new ride, an hopefully get a ride. I heard you and some others were allowed back into the marina. Do you have power? We don't mind being on the ball right now. It is all new to us and will give us something else to look forward to.
Kieth, Phil, Pierre and the rest of the hot boat crew, let talk of a "Pedro Party".
Once again thanks for all the kind words.
Rick

Eliminator 4 Life
04-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Rick if you get a chance email me some pics to my email address so I know what HB is yours. Or if it has aname even better. I might be up on Sunday to pre run the boat before I leave for Havasu for the regatta. my email add is Hirrolin2U@aol.com

Robbie Racer
04-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Kieth, Phil, Pierre and the rest of the hot boat crew, let talk of a "Pedro Party".
Rick
Sounds good Rick. We were thinking of a trip to Pedro sometime in August. How does that month look for a Pedro Party to the rest of you guys? If August sounds good, we need to pick a weekend. Let's try and get a consensus. What weekends in August are NOT good for everyone? Hopefully there will be a weekend that IS good for everyone. :)

Obsessive Compulsive
04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm busy the first two weekends in august, the rest is open.

DAVEO
04-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Any time in aug. would work. Lets set a date...:D

Desert Rat
04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Pictures? Oh Congrats

acatitude
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
way cool Rick, now just add some docks onto your house boat so we have a place to tie up and drink;)

acatitude
04-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Sounds good Rick. We were thinking of a trip to Pedro sometime in August. How does that month look for a Pedro Party to the rest of you guys? If August sounds good, we need to pick a weekend. Let's try and get a consensus. What weekends in August are NOT good for everyone? Hopefully there will be a weekend that IS good for everyone. :)
I pick the weekend mine is running:D

DCBob
04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I pick the weekend mine is running:D
A whole weekend?????I'm down to picking days :rolleyes: ;) :D

acatitude
04-25-2007, 02:12 PM
A whole weekend?????I'm down to picking days :rolleyes: ;) :D
Thats Ok you can ride in the grocery getter any time N_SHIT.... we can push people around ya know :D :D

Eliminator 4 Life
04-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Aug 25th and 26th are good for me. Let me know so I can reserve my campsites.:D

Sleeper
04-25-2007, 08:05 PM
I better see this boat memorial day weekend or else haha...
I'll still be in the Cairbbean, will not be back and get the boat till the next week. Maybe Drew will pick it up and break it in for me!

Sleeper
04-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Sleeper, can't wait to see you new ride, an hopefully get a ride. I heard you and some others were allowed back into the marina. Do you have power? We don't mind being on the ball right now. It is all new to us and will give us something else to look forward to.
Once again thanks for all the kind words.
Rick
Yes some of us are back on the marina, NO power, NO water, but NO moving around with the wind and I can walk to the boat.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-25-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll still be in the Cairbbean, will not be back and get the boat till the next week. Maybe Drew will pick it up and break it in for me!
Maybe Ill go get it from Drew and break it in Don Pedro style for you. As long as Mr. Hayes is mixing the drinks for the ladies haha:)

DCBob
04-26-2007, 06:18 AM
Thats Ok you can ride in the grocery getter any time N_SHIT.... we can push people around ya know :D :D
Thanks Ken, sounds good ;) Hey, I don't have to wear one of those little bow ties do I :confused: :D

bocco
04-26-2007, 03:24 PM
At least it should be better weather this weekend than last weekend. That wind and rain on Saturday night had to keep you up all night.

Sleeper
04-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Maybe Ill go get it from Drew and break it in Don Pedro style for you. As long as Mr. Hayes is mixing the drinks for the ladies haha:)
What style is that, go to the waterfalls, drink beer and watch the girls all day, sounds good to me.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-26-2007, 08:43 PM
What style is that, go to the waterfalls, drink beer and watch the girls all day, sounds good to me.
:D But we gotta have the kentucky laday mixxing the drinks:jawdrop:

Familycat
04-30-2007, 05:57 AM
At least it should be better weather this weekend than last weekend. That wind and rain on Saturday night had to keep you up all night.
Last qweekend the weather sucked but it was a work weekend and it is all new to us. Too tired not to sleep.
This weekend was beautiful. Temps from mid 80's to 90's with a light breeze. Still doing some cleaning and organizing but starting to feel like home. It is the most incredable thing we have ever done. We will be up this upcoming weekend. Are you going?
Rick

bocco
04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Last qweekend the weather sucked but it was a work weekend and it is all new to us. Too tired not to sleep.
This weekend was beautiful. Temps from mid 80's to 90's with a light breeze. Still doing some cleaning and organizing but starting to feel like home. It is the most incredable thing we have ever done. We will be up this upcoming weekend. Are you going?
Rick
We are still planning to be there this weekend. The weather looks shaky early Friday but it's supposed to clear up by Friday night.

Familycat
04-30-2007, 01:27 PM
We are still planning to be there this weekend. The weather looks shaky early Friday but it's supposed to clear up by Friday night.
We are going up after work on Friday. Are you leaving you housboat on the ball or going to a cove. If you move let us know where to find you.
Rick

bocco
05-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Here's Rick's new toy.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P10100181.JPG
Here's mine close by.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P10100231.JPG

Familycat
05-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Here's Rick's new toy.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P10100181.JPG
Here's mine close by.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P10100231.JPG
Gary thanks for posting them. They look great. Ready to go back.
Rick

Robbie Racer
05-08-2007, 01:29 PM
WOW!! VERY NICE!! Can you say PARTY!! :)
Rick, why don't you pick a weekend in August (other than the 25th) so we can put it on our calendars to meet up with you on Pedro?

Familycat
05-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Some more pics.

Familycat
05-08-2007, 01:39 PM
WOW!! VERY NICE!! Can you say PARTY!! :)
Rick, why don't you pick a weekend in August (other than the 25th) so we can put it on our calendars to meet up with you on Pedro?
Kieth,
What's up? Got the motor back in?
My buddy Scott, who bought Tunnel T's Lavey, is planning to rent a houseboat the weekend of August 4th. Might be a good weekend for "Pedro Party 07". Would give everyone time to get a campspot.
I finally figured out how to post pictures but not sure as to have them open with the post. Any want to give me the scoop?
Rick

bocco
05-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Kieth,
My buddy Scott, who bought Tunnel T's Lavey, is planning to rent a houseboat the weekend of August 4th. Might be a good weekend for "Pedro Party 07". Would give everyone time to get a campspot.
I finally figured out how to post pictures but not sure as to have them open with the post. Any want to give me the scoop?
Rick
Rick,
There is a sticky at the top of the test post forum that explains it pretty good. The trick I learned today is that once you upload the pics you need to click on them to enlarge them as much as possible before you copy the link, otherwise you get small pics.
Gary

Robbie Racer
05-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Kieth,
Rick
Hey Rick, yeah I got the motor back in last week. Need to take it out for a test run this Sunday to check for leaks, etc. if I can.
August 4th sounds good to me. You might want to start a separate thread to announce it but I have that date penciled in on my calendar. :)

acatitude
05-08-2007, 11:02 PM
awesome Rick looks great
and Bob about wearin the bow tie..... absoooooluuuutly:D :D cant do the princess cruise looking like a delta rat,, no pun intended;)

acatitude
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Hey Keith, Im suppossed to be doing round 2 with the drive tomorrow, where you heading on sunday??

Familycat
05-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Hey Rick, yeah I got the motor back in last week. Need to take it out for a test run this Sunday to check for leaks, etc. if I can.
August 4th sounds good to me. You might want to start a separate thread to announce it but I have that date penciled in on my calendar. :)
Sounds good butwill need to check with Tom And Shelly before moving ahead.
Rick