PDA

View Full Version : Havasu..........

blown dough
04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Is Havasu Marina open to boats over 24' now or is it still turning boats over 24' away due to low water levels? Just curious since there will be a lot of big boats in town and only really have Windsor???? Info please???

MR.rvrluvr
04-23-2007, 07:44 PM
F havasu marina........sorry just had to say that.....

blown dough
04-23-2007, 07:47 PM
F havasu marina........sorry just had to say that.....
Focus people, I was just asking a question.

blown dough
04-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Don't everyone reply at once!!!!!!!!!!!

TheCarDudes
04-23-2007, 08:04 PM
We launched last weekend at the marina. They said we could launch but the friggin truck (07 Denali) was backed in until the tailpipe was gurgling. (sp) I think they were tired of losing the revenue and said what the heck, let 'em do it. I don't think the trailer hit the end of the ramp but it was damn close.
TCD

blown dough
04-23-2007, 08:06 PM
We launched last weekend at the marina. They said we could launch but the friggin truck (07 Denali) was backed in until the tailpipe was gurgling. (sp) I think they were tired of losing the revenue and said what the heck, let 'em do it. I don't think the trailer hit the end of the ramp but it was damn close.
TCD
What size boat?????

Roxysnow
04-23-2007, 08:07 PM
They opened up to 32 ft as of two weeks ago. :D

blown dough
04-23-2007, 08:11 PM
They opened up to 32 ft as of two weeks ago. :D
Thank you!!!!!!!

blackcloud75
04-23-2007, 08:13 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I hit bottom in my 24 footer, dead center between the gas dock and pick up dock.......trying to avoid some rental boat bouncin' off the dock

Havasu Hangin'
04-23-2007, 08:13 PM
If you use the Marina...then you are an enemy of the people.

blown dough
04-23-2007, 08:14 PM
If you use the Marina...then you are an enemy of the people.
Usually am, what else is new??????

Havasu Hangin'
04-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Usually am, what else is new??????
I'm sorry. The Marina doesn't support performance boaters...
...I forgot that DCB's aren't performance boats.

Jordy
04-23-2007, 08:20 PM
HH, stop hatin!!! The DCB's perform every week in the DCB Channel Regatta, normally in the shadows of the famous London Bridge. Brought to you in part by the Home Depot and the color orange. :D :D :D

blown dough
04-23-2007, 08:20 PM
And that's fine, I was just asking a question, but you seem to usually atttack me so whatever.

slowinhavasu
04-23-2007, 08:22 PM
We launched our 30 without a problem two weeks ago....good luck see you guys this weekend......:D

Havasu Hangin'
04-23-2007, 08:23 PM
And that's fine, I was just asking a question, but you seem to usually atttack me so whatever.
No...you can ask the question...just don't use the Marina. They have been discriminating toward performance boaters for years- well documented.
There are plenty of other ramps out there.

blown dough
04-23-2007, 08:24 PM
We launched our 30 without a problem two weeks ago....good luck see you guys this weekend......:D
Thanks and we need to stock up on the sauce, we are almost out.

slowinhavasu
04-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks and we need to stock up on the sauce, we are almost out.
We will have boat show pricing Friday afternoon/evening at the poker run sign ups..........See ya then.........;)

Havasu Carrera
04-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Nice hangin with ya last weekend. I did not know you sold Sauce? Do you think that stuff would help my sterling air out better? What kind of performance gains do you think I would see? LOL Ok maybe thats why your boats so dang shiney?!

TheCarDudes
04-23-2007, 09:18 PM
BD We have a 28' SportDeck.
I think the Marina is starting to loosen the strings on performance boating (a little). I launched there for the first time. They tested me and his statement was "I'm going to give you an '86' 'cuz I'm sure she'll quiet down once she warms up. I might have been one or two db over but it showed that at least they are reasonable.
And yes, I do have mufflers.

blackcloud75
04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
This thing doesn't have mufflers(w/hp525)........and the marina let me launch w/ no questions asked
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/100_1293.JPG

Hallett
04-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Last time i went there they said no way. i was a 93.
that was a year ago.:mad:

INSman
04-24-2007, 07:19 AM
The Nautical has their own private ramp that many will use and then there is Windsor for basically all others.

OnlyMoney
04-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Hey BD, we launched there this past Sunday...Windsor was horrible with all the jackasses. They didn't even ask what size we were, if we had mufflers. We're 32 and have mufflers...but it was still way easy to get in and out. I figure for this weekend...launch where YOU want to...it's gonna be insane on those ramps...so you do what you need to do and don't worry about the internet bullies out here.
See you this weekend.
Oh, and the water is up again since they're making progress in the channel.

Mrs. 20
04-24-2007, 07:21 AM
BD We have a 28' SportDeck.
I think the Marina is starting to loosen the strings on performance boating (a little). I launched there for the first time. They tested me and his statement was "I'm going to give you an '86' 'cuz I'm sure she'll quiet down once she warms up. I might have been one or two db over but it showed that at least they are reasonable.
Same thing happened to us. Two years ago though they wouldn't let us through no matter what. We watched a kid in front of us get turned down, and then he passed us. Pretty wild given that they had the same motor. I think they pick and choose.

OnlyMoney
04-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Same thing happened to us. Two years ago though they wouldn't let us through no matter what. We watched a kid in front of us get turned down, and then he passed us. Pretty wild given that they had the same motor. I think they pick and choose.
We were 1 of 4 boats in the group, maybe it was just a slow day for them. I did warn the guard dude that this weekend was the big "Hot boat thingy" as he called it.
Ignorance is bliss!

Havasu Hangin'
04-24-2007, 07:28 AM
I think they pick and choose.
Hence...."discrimination."
They do not have the right to test any boats, since their contract with the state stipulates they cannot limit access to the lake (for any reason).
Why anyone would support these idiots escapes me?

H20 Toie
04-24-2007, 07:42 AM
like he said there are plenty of other places to go, why support them?

20" gun's
04-24-2007, 07:59 AM
We went to the city ramp and they wouldnt let us through. We had the paper for the registration showing it was current but the sticker was gone. They would not let us in( she was a #@#!!. Went to the marina they were sweat as pie. showed up as 92 and when i put it in gear it almost stalled. He said when it bogged down it hit 86 for a split second then said have fun. I think he liked my wifes boobs. He also said i wont ever have to test again. He said most people put mufflers on the first time then take them off since they never have to test again.

OnlyMoney
04-24-2007, 08:17 AM
nice avatar :D
Thanks! It'll do. Nothing like a day with my momma!

OnlyMoney
04-24-2007, 04:14 PM
did you sell " color me bad"
Damn T & B, we sold that thing almost 3 years ago. It went bye bye shortly after seeing you in Mead. You made me laugh out loud!!! Oldskool right there. :D

OnlyMoney
04-24-2007, 05:23 PM
O YA i remember you got a dcb,do you still have the big boat on mead?:idea: :)
Yup! And I think it's finally sold...so we'll be part owners for about a year. :)

blown dough
04-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Yup! And I think it's finally sold...so we'll be part owners for about a year. :)
Very nice boat!!!