PDA

View Full Version : Fitting in...

fstlayn
04-23-2007, 11:41 PM
I am a "lurker". I have been visiting these forums for a couple years now, and really enjoy reading all the stories, viewing the pics, and getting valuable info. It is really impressive to see how tight knit of a community this is and I would love to become a part of it, meet new people, maybe even throw in my .02 now and then. The issue I have, though, is that I feel like an outsider - like I would be intruding upon everyone's personal space. It is taking a lot of courage for me just to post this.
Am I just being stupid?? :confused:
My wife and I will be attending Desert Storm this weekend for the first time and are really looking forward to it. Hopefully we can meet some of you while we are there.

76ANTHONY
04-24-2007, 12:00 AM
I am a "lurker". I have been visiting these forums for a couple years now, and really enjoy reading all the stories, viewing the pics, and getting valuable info. It is really impressive to see how tight knit of a community this is and I would love to become a part of it, meet new people, maybe even throw in my .02 now and then. The issue I have, though, is that I feel like an outsider - like I would be intruding upon everyone's personal space. It is taking a lot of courage for me just to post this.
My wife and I will be attending Desert Storm this weekend for the first time and are really looking forward to it. Hopefully we can meet some of you while we are there.
it dont take much ta fit in here, just when ya see something you know about chime in, or do what most do and post frivolous shiat, it isnt that bad...:D

dragboat
04-24-2007, 04:01 AM
Oh.. and we'll need some pictures of your wife.:D :D :D
There are a lot of inside jokes and some rivalries going on but don't let that slow you down. Jump right in, Thats how we got here.

jbone
04-24-2007, 04:05 AM
Oh.. and we'll need some pictures of your wife.:D :D :D
With pasties of course:D
Welcome aboard.
J

707dog
04-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Just Jump In Bro And Have Fun...feel Free To Speak On Any Topic You Want, But Dont Speak About Anything You Want...thats The ***boat Way...jokin..
Oww Ya You Gotta Follow Tradition....
#1-pic's Of Your Boat
#2- Pic's Of The Better Half Of Your Relationship(gf,wifey,side Action...ect
#3-some Party Pic's......and The Rest Will Fall In Place

TAF
04-24-2007, 05:16 AM
I won't be at Desert Storm but trust me most everyone here is worth knowing just because they're boaters and we're family in that respect, there to help when needed (and you don't have to show up every yr. for X-mas and Thanksgiving hee hee hee).:D You will be glad you finally came out of the closet (little Benchracer humor) when you start meeting other HB peeps. Have fun and be safe.
Rob in AZ

riverbound
04-24-2007, 05:24 AM
Pick up a couple bar tabs and you will be a shoe in....which bar will you be at this weekend?? :)

jrgaudettes
04-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Weclome, Im still trying to make a go of this site. I stay away from the drama threads. There is a lot of great info on here.

Mr. Crusader 83
04-24-2007, 06:07 AM
There is a lot of great info on here.
Where?:confused:

jrgaudettes
04-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Where?:confused:
LOL....Every once in a while I will stumble across something.:D

HavaSkank
04-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Be afraid, be very afraid

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Welcome! What I think is so cool about this type of forum is that you can "test drive" your friends. You can see how people act before you decide if you want to invest any time on them. :D The big group get togethers are fun and it's interesting when you finally meet someone face to face and feel like you've known them for years ( because you've been having conversations with them for years ). Don't worry about being an outsider, we all were at one time.

lewiville
04-24-2007, 07:21 AM
I bet the crock pot thread is your favorite to?

Mrs. 20
04-24-2007, 07:25 AM
I think you just have to post whenever you have something to say, and after a while you get recognized. Welcome to the boards, and have lots of fun!!!:) :)

charlyox
04-24-2007, 07:31 AM
Welcome aboard.;)

BarryMac
04-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Welcome! What I think is so cool about this type of forum is that you can "test drive" your friends. You can see how people act before you decide if you want to invest any time on them. :D The big group get togethers are fun and it's interesting when you finally meet someone face to face and feel like you've known them for years ( because you've been having conversations with them for years ). Don't worry about being an outsider, we all were at one time.
Yeap, met a lot of great peeps on here that will be lifetime friends, met some others that I have no desire to ever associate with again (JB in So Cal). Just join in, at one point we were all where you are right now, and now look at us... :D

a catered life
04-24-2007, 07:40 AM
this place was made to have fun and make connections...boating takes a back seat to talking shiat in here but its all in fun (sometimes :idea: ) welcome to the jungles eat, drink, and be merry
also what kind od boat do you have?

HavaSkank
04-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Did we fail to mention the initiation requirements? In order to fit in with this unruly mob you must quickly send each and everyone of us $1.65 in nickels, 7coupons for toiletry needs, a wire coat hanger and peanut butter sandwhich.
Please forward your mailing addresses to the newby so we can begin the acceptance process

76ANTHONY
04-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Did we fail to mention the initiation requirements? In order to fit in with this unruly mob you must quickly send each and everyone of us $1.65 in nickels, 7coupons for toiletry needs, a wire coat hanger and peanut butter sandwhich.
Please forward your mailing addresses to the newby so we can begin the acceptance process
wth? awwhahaha lmao:D :D a peanut butter sandwich? awwwhahahah:D :D

Some Kind Of Monster
04-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Don't even worry abou tit. (pun) Everyone fits in here!

Daddy_G
04-24-2007, 08:50 AM
As a relative newbee myself, I can say come in with a good take and thick skin. :cool:

Baja Big Dog
04-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Just Jump In Bro And Have Fun...feel Free To Speak On Any Topic You Want, But Dont Speak About Anything You Want...thats The ***boat Way...jokin..
Oww Ya You Gotta Follow Tradition....
#1-pic's Of Your Boat
#2- Pic's Of The Better Half Of Your Relationship(gf,wifey,side Action...ect
#3-some Party Pic's......and The Rest Will Fall In Place
Being the unoffical boob monitor I must correct 707 post..
#1- Pics of you wife, and your girlfriend, and they will need to be nude (or topless will do fine)
#2- more of #1
#3- more of #2
I think you understand the requirements--now get out ther little mister and get those pictures.

Ziggy
04-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Man's Sportin' Wood
Welcome! What I think is so cool about this type of forum is that you can "test drive" your friends. You can see how people act before you decide if you want to invest any time on them. The big group get togethers are fun and it's interesting when you finally meet someone face to face and feel like you've known them for years ( because you've been having conversations with them for years ). Don't worry about being an outsider, we all were at one time.
Yeap, met a lot of great peeps on here that will be lifetime friends, met some others that I have no desire to ever associate with again (JB in So Cal). Just join in, at one point we were all where you are right now, and now look at us... :D
Yeap, yeap.
Welcome aboard fstlayn.........you will fit in just fine...I recall one of my first posts and it was a complete foot in mouth comment. Have fun and enjoy.

Spotondl
04-24-2007, 09:38 AM
All good sage advice... if you post something and someone posts a popcorn response, run for your life..., edit your post, or throw gas on the flames... it's all good...

topless
04-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Welcome aboard and don't listen when people say I'm mean. (homewrecker maybe but not really mean):) :)

Ziggy
04-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Welcome aboard and don't listen when people say I'm mean. (homewrecker maybe but not really mean):) :)
And you give great heads................LMAO:D

topless
04-24-2007, 10:12 AM
And you give great heads................LMAO:DLOL,Yeah I know.:D

Some Kind Of Monster
04-24-2007, 10:36 AM
And you give great heads................LMAO:D
She takes them too (executioner) :devil:

Jbb
04-24-2007, 10:37 AM
RD SUX............................................... .:jawdrop:

topless
04-24-2007, 10:46 AM
:D She takes them too (executioner) :devil::D :D

C-2
04-24-2007, 11:33 AM
fstlayn, welcome aboard and don't give it too much thought.
And THANKS for the charity donation, it's very much appreciated. Hope to see you at the poker run:)
THANKS AGAIN

Baja Big Dog
04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Bad question to ask this group!!!:D

Mandelon
04-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Locals Only :mad: :mad: :mad:

MR.rvrluvr
04-24-2007, 02:30 PM
just building my post count.....carry on...
BTW welcome.. as a newbie myself, I see your concern for the strange....But all in all its an addicting place to be.. I have met a few people so far and they have all been great....
I am waiting for a few more post counts before I start insulting tho..Like RD SUX, Dumb Cop Boater, etc...I don't want to be rude...:D :D Oh snap did I just type that out loud...:jawdrop: :eek: :D

mrs.rvrluvr
04-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Welcome. We (me & TUZRVR) will be at Desert Storm as well. Come by & say "hi". Always love to meet the HB peeps.

dm25advantage
04-24-2007, 03:34 PM
welcome abroad..... this site is awesome...u get to meet cool people and great info on boating or anything u want...... we will be at the poker run too so if u see us, stop by and say hello and have some cold ones... we will be down south on the az side for the tie up.....

topless
04-24-2007, 03:40 PM
To really fit in here you need to go the the benchracers section and call everyone a fag.:D

wolfie
04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
And whatever you do, if you're an a$$hole after drinking, don't post,
otherwise it ends up to be a 7 page thread and no one gets any work done throughout the day.

AZKC
04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Your not Later, are you????:jawdrop: :D

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
04-24-2007, 06:49 PM
hides his face. Nobody talks to him. RD Sux, Boatsandblondes is thinking of switching jobs..bilge idiot is getting verbally beaten on by a drunk poster, 72challenger challenged WFS and got "raped over the coals", Havasu Barney sux at gel work, Mandelon was holding frozen peas on his beans for a coupla days, and though he has been part of most of these threads, or has read them, he is an outcast...a loaner.
Yet he still ponders...what's the scoop on Topless???:eek:

fstlayn
04-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Wow, thanks for all the warm welcomes and kind words! Now I'll try to do my best to fulfil some of the requests....:D
First, the boat:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Advantage3.jpg
'93 Advantage SR21
Now, the wife:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Jens_004.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/honeymoon_043.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/honeymoon_031.jpg

fstlayn
04-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Pick up a couple bar tabs and you will be a shoe in....which bar will you be at this weekend?? :)
Name the place and I'll buy the beers!! :)

MBlaster
04-24-2007, 09:23 PM
To really fit in here you need to go the the benchracers section and call everyone a fag.:D
I thought you just had to own a DCB...Who knew? :rolleyes:

Mandelon
04-24-2007, 09:39 PM
You aren't outkast or unloved, just unknown. You don't need to fit in. This place is full of wackos. Just start posting and we'll all get to know you. Whether you're a pompous arse like Jordy or arrogant phucker like Wes, or annoying like Kilrtoy. so be it.
Just jump in with both feet. We won't catch you, but we will take the time to point and laugh. :D
What happened to Hoss???

EAZYKILLER2006
04-24-2007, 09:45 PM
damn swingers...

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
04-25-2007, 06:34 AM
You aren't outkast or unloved, just unknown. You don't need to fit in. This place is full of wackos. Just start posting and we'll all get to know you. Whether you're a pompous arse like Jordy or arrogant phucker like Wes, or annoying like Kilrtoy. so be it.
Just jump in with both feet. We won't catch you, but we will take the time to point and laugh. :D
Please don't point and laugh...I have an inferiority complex with some of your "sizes". See I've got two thingies to ride on, one that growls and one that's a little smaller, but seats 6. That one is kinda blue and old and a bit beat up, but still works fine 30+ years later, and nobody complains.
The other is red, slick, and though it only seats 4, the speed which it moves in and out of those wet spots seems to draw no complaints!!
OHHHH, did that read wrong?? LOL.
Two boats, neither of which are going to do any damage in Havasu next to these '64 foot high speed barges that most of you are running, but still, I will be there, waiting for you to roll by, drinking my beer, and looking at the girls butts on your boat!! Think I'm changing my screen name to "The Lurker".:devil:

OCMerrill
04-25-2007, 07:12 AM
If you own a Rhino you might get to the inner circle faster.:D :D

Mandelon
04-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I think there's a lot of lurkers out there. Several times people have come up to me while in our boat and said they recognize us from the boards.
Its not so cliquish as you think. Just don't get on Jordy's bad side and you should be fine. :D

Jbb
04-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Just don't get on Jordy's bad side and you should be fine. :D
Word.................:D
Just ask RD.......:jawdrop:

Mandelon
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Patty is....popped

bunny 166
04-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Well welcome to the fun! Hope to meet you at the Poker Run, too....If you see us, just wave or pull on up and have a beer! ;) This really is a fun place, and there are only a few a-holes...:D