PDA

View Full Version : Got layed off

hava life
04-24-2007, 06:59 AM
:( :( With the slow down in the building industry I finally was layed off last week. After 25 yrs. of building it will be a nice break for a while. I can't say it's bad since this is the first time I have been layed off. Good timing with the poker run and Laughlin week:) I have never been able to take more than a week off so this will be nice for awhile. The wife is keeping me busy with st*# that I have not been able to get to (actually been putting off) now no excuses:jawdrop: Last week I did the important stuff, Clean the garages:D This week more important stuff, new stereo for the boat, test prop I have had for a year and was not able to test:D clean the boat (Doug will detail the boat next week:D)

Some Kind Of Monster
04-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Tough times. It sounds like you are in good spirits and you know where you are going though. Do you have any leads on a new job?

hava life
04-24-2007, 07:06 AM
No leads yet, made a few calls but it's slow.

Some Kind Of Monster
04-24-2007, 07:07 AM
No leads yet, made a few calls but it's slow.
Yeah, You wouldn't want to put an end to your time off too soon. :D

Jyruiz
04-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Sorry to hear that and enjoy your break, if you can call it that with all the things the wife is going to have to do.:D

hava life
04-24-2007, 07:17 AM
I was so busy last week I didn't have time to do anything fun. I am off to Homedepot now to get some stuff for the new garage I finished building a couple of months ago:D . Then I have to do some running around town which will without a doubt end up at the Nautical to see who's in town:D We saw Outerlimits this morning at the Cheveron, I would hate to see that pumps final price.

a catered life
04-24-2007, 07:34 AM
sorry to hear the news :( but glad your taking it like a big boy:D things will pickup but in the meantime test the crap out of that prop:)

shueman
04-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Keep an open mind and positive attitude...good things happen to good people. Got severanced in Feb myself, after nearly 30 years in food sales. Taking my time to find the "right" opportunity...

RitcheyRch
04-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I know what you are going through. I was laid off from Lockheed last Thursday. Thankfully, have another job lined up to start on Mon, April 30th.
As others have stated, keep a positive attitude and something good will come of it.

hava life
04-24-2007, 02:20 PM
just got back from running around. can't wait for the poker run. Things will come but right now after working my a## off for so long I do need a little time to get caught up:) . I will start worrying in a couple months but for now its time to relax.

mobldj
04-24-2007, 03:05 PM
if i get laid off im gonna be a manwhore......opps i own the company,shiiiaaat

lewiville
04-24-2007, 03:12 PM
sorry, I read this worng. I thought it said " I got laid last night"....my bad carry on

SummitKarl
04-24-2007, 03:16 PM
:( :( With the slow down in the building industry I finally was layed off last week. After 25 yrs. of building it will be a nice break for a while. I can't say it's bad since this is the first time I have been layed off. Good timing with the poker run and Laughlin week:) I have never been able to take more than a week off so this will be nice for awhile. The wife is keeping me busy with st*# that I have not been able to get to (actually been putting off) now no excuses:jawdrop: Last week I did the important stuff, Clean the garages:D This week more important stuff, new stereo for the boat, test prop I have had for a year and was not able to test:D clean the boat (Doug will detail the boat next week:D)
I hear you...the last 3yrs have been flippin crazy....and being on the front end of it (Sales/Design)..for the most part my weekends were shot as well..I am enjoying this return to normal (for now) and my house hasn't been this clean in years....:D

hava life
04-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I hear you...the last 3yrs have been flippin crazy....and being on the front end of it (Sales/Design)..for the most part my weekends were shot as well..I am enjoying this return to normal (for now) and my house hasn't been this clean in years....
I couldn't believe the crap I found in the garages:eek: I am on my second trailer load for the dump, then I need to see what is in the storage unit that we have had for 3 yrs. Don't want to do to much at once so the storage will be sometime next week;)