PDA

View Full Version : Truck Parts question...

Water Romper
04-24-2007, 07:34 AM
I have had such good luck in this forum when it comes to working on my boat I thought I would try my luck with thisÂ…
Anybody know what the web site is for parts compatibility?
Example: I have a 1998, 1500, 5.7 Vortex, Z71, Silverado, The air conditioner compressor went out and I would like to get a “new” used one, I would like to get the newest one available, say off a 2002 (or something like that) I know a brand new one is the best option but that can run $1500 to $2,000 dollars….A newer used one may buy me some time until I can get a new truck….What do you guys think?
Thanks!

boats&bars
04-25-2007, 08:10 PM
lmc truck .com

jkh04200
04-26-2007, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't wast my time. You go buy a used one and no telling how long it will last. You should be able to buy a rebuilt A/C Delco for about 300.00. I bought a brand new one, I personally will not buy rebuilt compressors, for about 475.00 While you there, remove the evaporator, orfice and flush the line. Buy a new evaporator and orfice. If not even a brand know one wont last long will all the trash in the lines. I know what your saying and I understand trying to save a buck. But you put a band-aid on an a/c and its gonn bite u.
JMHO

LLGirl
04-26-2007, 09:42 AM
flying lavey, you didn't really just tell him to flush his lines with clean refrigerant did you? Sounds like AQMD might not like that very much. I think we stopped doing that in the mid 90's. Good advice to thoroughly flush and evacuate, but careful on what you use IMO.
mrll

jkh04200
04-27-2007, 06:12 AM
As far as the flushing goes, all the mechanics I know use brake Kleen. Then blow it out with compressed air. Ofcourse care should be taken to make sure the compressor does not have water in it.