PDA

View Full Version : Any concrete guys on here???

boatsnblondes
04-24-2007, 08:46 AM
I need some help...we bought this house new last year, and the back yard was landscaped for us in the deal. Problem is, they laid down this stuff, I call it wood chips, everywhere. Looks nice, but terrible on the feet. It's also laid all the way down the side of the house also. What I want to do is this..take out all the chips from the side of the house, and lay a concrete pathway down it. So here are the rough stats...4' wide by about 30' long...on either end, a rounded area to transition from the driveway, to the side of the house, and from the sidewalk, to the back patio. So add for the front, about another 15' and for the back, another 5-6'. How much do you guesstimate I will be looking at to get it done??? I would post a pic of the house, but I'm afraid Kilr, Bilge, Holymoly, Rexie, Jordy, JBB, and about 50 others would come over and burn the place down....:eek:

al cole'holic
04-24-2007, 09:11 AM
..very hard to guage with just a description, I would figure you should be thinking along the lines of $7-$10 per sq' for a rough idea of what you are looking at. :confused:

Opinionated
04-24-2007, 09:29 AM
You're looking at roughly 3-4 yards of concrete with shortload (minimum) and delivery fees will cost about $700 +/- and somewhere around $350-$500 for a pump minimum. If you can find a neighborhood guy who does side jobs he will probably charge you around $2000-$2500 for the project and it will take them the majority of the day to complete.