PDA

View Full Version : Pack it in... Campaign

HavaTan
04-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Just a reminder...
I hear quite a few people stuck to the plan last weekend (even though the weather was crap). Glad to hear it. Now's the opportunity to show that we are serious during the poker run weekend. This is a perfect opportunity to have a lot of BBQs!!!
It's going to be over 100 this weekend and we want to keep up the good work. I'll be hitting the local Target and Smart & Final tomorrow night to stock up for the weekend essentials. CostCo too, FYI: they have 36 pack of BL and CL $2.00 cheaper than a 30 pack at the store... The Captain is about $8.00 less.
PS. Working on that sticker too. (magnetic, of course) :D

shadow
04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Just a reminder...
I hear quite a few people stuck to the plan last weekend (even though the weather was crap). Glad to hear it. Now's the opportunity to show that we are serious during the poker run weekend. This is a perfect opportunity to have a lot of BBQs!!!
It's going to be over 100 this weekend and we want to keep up the good work. I'll be hitting the local Target and Smart & Final tomorrow night to stock up for the weekend essentials. CostCo too, FYI: they have 36 pack of BL and CL $2.00 cheaper than a 30 pack at the store... The Captain is about $8.00 less.
PS. Working on that sticker too. (magnetic, of course) :D
Don't forget your 55 gallon drums of gas and most important the ice machine.
I wouldn't be suprised if Havasu buckles after this weekend without you buying beer and chips.:rolleyes: :D

UnionJack
04-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Don't forget your 55 gallon drums of gas and most important the ice machine.
I wouldn't be suprised if Havasu buckles after this weekend without you buying beer and chips.:rolleyes: :D
The drums of fuel will be in tomorrow, 75 gallon tank in the truck for diesel, had the ice machine installed last year.... any other questions :D

uvindex
04-24-2007, 11:18 AM
The drums of fuel will be in tomorrow, 75 gallon tank in the truck for diesel, had the ice machine installed last year.... any other questions :DYes, don't forget to pack in the water for your ice machine. :D

shadow
04-24-2007, 11:21 AM
The drums of fuel will be in tomorrow, 75 gallon tank in the truck for diesel, had the ice machine installed last year.... any other questions :D
Nope! Havasu ought to go belly up by the end of the weekend with out you 2 spending.I imagine the Turtle will probablly suffer the most since you guys have you own drinks and noone will be spending there either.
Gas stations i'm sure will be suffering cause of that 75gallons of diesel you came prepared with.:D

HavaTan
04-24-2007, 11:22 AM
If anyone else is interested...
I'll be happy to deliver drums to whoever needs them... 55 gallons of 110 = $425.00 CASH!!! I will deliver to you and smile doing it. :D

UnionJack
04-24-2007, 11:26 AM
I had a well Drilled, a week before the ice maker was installed. If your interested contact Doug (I think) at A1 Well Service or go to there website www.a1wellservice.com :devil:

uvindex
04-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I had a well Drilled, a week before the ice maker was installed. If your interested contact Doug (I think) at A1 Well Service or go to there website www.a1wellservice.com :devil:Cool. (No need to get all red about it. :))

shadow
04-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I had a well Drilled, a week before the ice maker was installed. If your interested contact Doug (I think) at A1 Well Service or go to there website www.a1wellservice.com :devil:
Would that be a local bussiness you spent money with to have that done?:eek:
Hope he ran electrcal to it.;)

HavaTan
04-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Of course, we LUV the local businesses, just not the local government.

shadow
04-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Been fun but i have to get back to work.
Best of luck to you with your campaing,I have a feeling you are fighting a losing battle.Might want to talk with all the folks in the Poker run and have them Pack it in as well.;)
Let me know how it works out!:D

Brewzed
04-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I doesn't matter how much I'd bring with me. I still have to get gas for the boat, so there's $400-$700, another $200-300 for stuff I'd forget. So even if I everthing I have everything I think I need, I'm still spending somewhere around $700. I can't stop my wife from shopping out there and picking stuff up for the house.
I've been going to Havi since the mid 80's. I think it's wrong to punish the business owners for what the city council does. If you look at the element that has started appearing in Havasu the last few years, I think you'd agree that something needed to be done. I agree, the LE can seem a little rough in the channel, but wouldn't you after a day of dealing with a bunch of drunk dumba$$'s.
They generate so much cash out there in the winter months with the snowbirds, I don't think they'll mind a little less headache in the summer.

UnionJack
04-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Would that be a local bussiness you spent money with to have that done?:eek:
Hope he ran electrcal to it.;)
Of course Solar and a Wind Generator, Solar was done by Heliocol Arizona Inc., and the little wind Generator was done by my father-in-law, we bought it on ebay and he flew out from new jersey and installed it all. I actually back feed the havasu system. ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Can I have the Cliff notes version as to why you are trying to get people to not support the local businesses? Too punish the local government?? :confused:

Big Kahunaa
04-24-2007, 11:49 AM
cheap ass California'n

UnionJack
04-24-2007, 11:57 AM
cheap ass California'n
Az resident.... I spend my money to save it, I have attended LHC meetings and it's done nothing for me, so I need to voice of business to help

Ziggy
04-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Of course, we LUV the local businesses, just not the local government.
An Oxymoron compared to your Campaign.
I hope they make you turn down your stereo again.... LOL What a shame for them to do such a thing.

Ziggy
04-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Az resident.... I spend my money to save it, I have attended LHC meetings and it's done nothing for me, so I need to voice of business to helpI suggested last time that you recruit the business owners to help support your guys' drive instead of punishing them.

Big Kahunaa
04-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Az resident.... I spend my money to save it, I have attended LHC meetings and it's done nothing for me, so I need to voice of business to help
i'm an az business owner and it makes me mad when people say well i can get it for this in ca and all i can say is you should stay in ca

OnlyMoney
04-24-2007, 12:26 PM
All I have to say is...damn your boat looked good at 130 Taylor. :D :D :D

Mr. Naudio
04-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Or would it not bother you to leave your trash that way when the council members are out there picking it up they will know to not say anything about your music being to loud.
I make my living off of letting the music play loud and clear.But there is a time and place for everything.
I also make a good portion of my living off of the peeps comming over from Cali, The one,s (very few)that think this town would just go away without them are mostly arrogant pricks.
For the most part the hot boat people are the best most friendly people I have ever met.In fact you are the first one that I think should just sell your house here before you turn into river trash like the rest of us.
Alot of the folks in Havasu would bend over backwards to help a guy out.(some out of town)
Bottom line if you dont like it here dont come.And if you decide that you do like it here. Quit the complaining and bring me some of that cheap California Budwieser from CostCo Sukka .

UnionJack
04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
i'm an az business owner and it makes me mad when people say well i can get it for this in ca and all i can say is you should stay in ca
Well seeing how my family and I all vacation in AZ, and we all own homes in AZ, I pretty much don't give a crap what you say. I jumped on my partners thread today having some fun with Shadow, and thats all it was, do I really want to see any business fail, NO. I am in business and we are expanding to AZ and NV currently. The growth in AZ is crazy right now and Maricopa county is the fastest growing county in the Nation. With more cali peep's moving to all the time AZ..... I hope your ready for us.

UnionJack
04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
All I have to say is...damn your boat looked good at 130 Taylor. :D :D :D
I like your's at 135 better

OnlyMoney
04-24-2007, 12:48 PM
I like your's at 135 better
:D :D :D

Big Kahunaa
04-24-2007, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=UnionJack;2521262]I pretty much don't give a crap what you say. QUOTE]
back at you buddy

UnionJack
04-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Cool

HavaTan
04-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Or would it not bother you to leave your trash that way when the council members are out there picking it up they will know to not say anything about your music being to loud.
I make my living off of letting the music play loud and clear.But there is a time and place for everything.
I also make a good portion of my living off of the peeps comming over from Cali, The one,s (very few)that think this town would just go away without them are mostly arrogant pricks.
For the most part the hot boat people are the best most friendly people I have ever met.In fact you are the first one that I think should just sell your house here before you turn into river trash like the rest of us.
Alot of the folks in Havasu would bend over backwards to help a guy out.(some out of town)
Bottom line if you dont like it here dont come.And if you decide that you do like it here. Quit the complaining and bring me some of that cheap California Budwieser from CostCo Sukka .
Wow, such hate and discontent...
First, I'm glad (and hope) you do stereos well. Because, you wouldn't make it as an English teacher...
Second, I never said to leave your trash in the channel. I said bring as much as is possible to let the powers that be see that many of us are tired of the some of the arbitrary over-restrictive policies that are being created to punish the people who enjoy going there the most...
Third, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GODDAMN MUSIC!!! That is just one more thing to make life more difficult to enjoy. GET OVER THE MUSIC THING ALREADY...
Fourth, don't preach to me just because you actually live in Havasu. I've probably been going there longer than you've lived there... I never called or implied anyone was "river trash," so don't insinuate that I did.
Fifth, I have, do, and will continue to patronize the local businesses. What I won't do is leave everything at home and buy it all there. I will bring as much as I can with me and I'll buy what I need there.
Last, what you should do is drink fewer of my "cheap California Budw[ie]ser" and buy a dictionary and learn to spell.

Mr. Crusader 83
04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Havatan why are you still :cry: about this. What are you still b*tching about? Your damn stereo? Who cares. Shadow has damn near the loudest stereo in a boat I have ever heard. And as far as I know has never been told to turn it down once. So whats the big deal. If you want to listen to that sh*ty music, that someone asked you to turn down, turn it down or go listen to it somewhere else. Have some respect.
Business owners will not suffer over you and your family.
Have a nice day.

UnionJack
04-24-2007, 01:13 PM
It wasn't even his stereo, it was another beach goer (sp)

Mr. Crusader 83
04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
And about how you are getting pissy about restrictions.
I wonder why. The channel gets so busy LE cant do their job. Fewer parking spots in the channel will suck. but maybe that drunk guy or girl down the beach wont die now because he is stuck under a boat, or passes out from exhaust and falls into the water and dies.
but guess what? there is nothing anyone can do about it. So i guess we will all have to deal with it. wont we?

Mr. Crusader 83
04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
It wasn't even his stereo, it was another beach goer (sp)
Thats fine. Im done with you. Enjoy ARIZONA'S LAKE:D

Mr. Naudio
04-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Wow, such hate and discontent...
First, I'm glad (and hope) you do stereos well. Because, you wouldn't make it as an English teacher...
Second, I never said to leave your trash in the channel. I said bring as much as is possible to let the powers that be see that many of us are tired of the some of the arbitrary over-restrictive policies that are being created to punish the people who enjoy going there the most...
Third, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GODDAMN MUSIC!!! That is just one more thing to make life more difficult to enjoy. GET OVER THE MUSIC THING ALREADY...
Fourth, don't preach to me just because you actually live in Havasu. I've probably been going there longer than you've lived there... I never called or implied anyone was "river trash," so don't insinuate that I did.
Fifth, I have, do, and will continue to patronize the local businesses. What I won't do is leave everything at home and buy it all there. I will bring as much as I can with me and I'll buy what I need there.
Last, what you should do is drink fewer of my "cheap California Budw[ie]ser" and buy a dictionary and learn to spell.
You know Im not a hater
1st I will drink all the bear I can.
5th We apreciate your bussiness
3rd River trash is a good thing to be
4th It has everting to do wit da musik
2nd You somtimes sound like you mite not enjoy commin hear
Lastly probabbly coulnt teech math eeether
Ps.Dont sweat the small shit. And its all small shit

Havasu1986
04-24-2007, 02:15 PM
You know Im not a hater
1st I will drink all the bear I can.
5th We apreciate your bussiness
3rd River trash is a good thing to be
4th It has everting to do wit da musik
2nd You somtimes sound like you mite not enjoy commin hear
Lastly probabbly coulnt teech math eeether
Ps.Dont sweat the small shit. And its all small shit
Hey Frank..Coming in from Cali on thurs. I need to get my speakers fixed. Think you have time. Wait I forgot that I 'm taking my golf cart to Premiere for tune up and then Kool Wave is coming over for my maintenance. Then I have to go shopping for the poker run. Maybe the following weekend.:D