PDA

View Full Version : rudder location offset WTF?

gunslinger
08-02-2003, 09:20 AM
The hondo is stripped down to a shell. Had a chance to go over the entire hull, man is this thing in good shape and light. Was looking under the hull when something caught my eye, the rudder is about 2- 2.5" to the left of centerline. Is this normal? About to talk to Jim at high tech marine and get this bad boy blueprinted, gotta find out about this rudder first. This is my first flat, so if this is a stupid question...

Sangster
08-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Thats where its supposed to be.... :D

gunslinger
08-02-2003, 09:39 AM
Sangster- thanks dude! I was worried about it. Is it normal to shine a flashlight beam through the gell coat and see through the glass? :)

Sangster
08-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Yup......

Kindsvater Flat
08-02-2003, 10:49 AM
gunslinger:
Sangster- thanks dude! I was worried about it. Is it normal to shine a flashlight beam through the gell coat and see through the glass? :) Its bad if you can put the flashlight through it!! :D

ColeTR1
08-02-2003, 01:58 PM
ThatÂ’s how my Cole is. It is like that so you can get the prop shaft out with the rudder still in the boat. And I think it helps with reducing the tork in the steering. You will find out about that the first time you drive it.

taf171
08-05-2003, 11:22 AM
The reason the rudder is off center is because the water pushed thru the prop is forced out away from the center. If the rudder was centered with the prop you would have limited steering

superdave013
08-05-2003, 12:14 PM
taf171:
The reason the rudder is off center is because the water pushed thru the prop is forced out away from the center. If the rudder was centered with the prop you would have limited steering Hey Steve, What about those old skool drag boat shirts you were going to do??
A bunch of us here are wanting them.
Oh, my hondo had the rudder offset too. My schiada has it's on center. I wish it didn't. It steers great but makes it a bitch to get the prop shaft out. Even worse is the fact that I have to lift the boat up off the trailer to get the friggen rudder off! :mad:

taf171
08-05-2003, 03:27 PM
We are actually printing them now. I should have a variety ready next week!

Lookin for Liquid
08-05-2003, 04:12 PM
Steve...Get out of your squeeky rocking chair and work on my shirts too. I know you are in popular demand for the best boat shirts printed so call me when you want to ship them