PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh, the windy landings...gotta love em

lewiville
04-24-2007, 01:20 PM
since i fly out of Ontario I thought it might be appropriate to post this video of windy landings. I think its amazing how these pilots make it.
JBB, I haven't seen this one so you might like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGB2PMQUCM

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-24-2007, 01:26 PM
:jawdrop: THAT IS AMAZEING I would be scared shitless. What a great job they all did.

Coded-Dude
04-24-2007, 01:28 PM
crab walking is fun to watch....not so fun to do

Hustler
04-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I think I would of crapped my self an a few of those:eek:

78Eliminator
04-24-2007, 01:34 PM
If you ever fly in to Maui be prepared for a crosswind landing just like that. They come in at such an angle it almost looks like "slipping" which is what pilots to do lose altitude on purpose.

MR.rvrluvr
04-24-2007, 01:38 PM
holy shit my hats off to those pilots....WOW....

CornWater
04-24-2007, 01:40 PM
If you ever fly in to Maui be prepared for a crosswind landing just like that. They come in at such an angle it almost looks like "slipping" which is what pilots to do lose altitude on purpose.
Yep, landed there many times, and scared the shit out of me every time.....
:jawdrop:

78Eliminator
04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Yep, landed there many times, and scared the shit out of me every time.....
:jawdrop:
You look down at the cane fields to see how strong the wind is. If they are practically laid over in the wind, be prepared to swallow your heart on final approach.

Jbb
04-24-2007, 02:11 PM
since i fly out of Ontario I thought it might be appropriate to post this video of windy landings. I think its amazing how these pilots make it.
JBB, I haven't seen this one so you might like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGB2PMQUCM
Sometimes it takes some skill to get back on the ground.....the absolute worst are those stretch DC-8's ...just like a big weathervane...:D
Nice vid!

lewiville
04-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Sometimes it takes some skill to get back on the ground.....the absolute worst are those stretch DC-8's ...just like a big weathervane...:D
Nice vid!
found that and was thinking of you. I don't even know if your a pilot or not. I just know you post a lot of those and I have not seen that one before.