PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgic Racer Reunion in Washington!

CircleJerk
05-17-2003, 10:07 AM
smile_sp June 14-15 Boat Racer Reunion Regatta, Electric City Washington. {Grand Coulee Dam} one of the 7 wonders of the World. Free to the public!
Boats expected to come:
smile_sp Hydros:1956Ted Jones 266 {ran 151mph in 1959!}, 1960's Conn Craft 266 {Miss Miami! Movie Star}, 1960's Lauderbach 266!
smile_sp Flats:{3} 1970's Sangers, 1965 Wickens-Aqua, 1971 Jones-SK, {2}1970's Mandella, 1978 Beisemeyer, 1980's Bezer, 1960's all wood, {3} Model C Lavey-Crafts, 1976 Lavey Sidewinder {Sweet Caroline}, 1978 Sleekcraft tunnel, 1970 Continental, 1975 Hondo Sprint, 1976 Cole TR2 {Pontiac}, {2}1969 Sanger, 1971 Rayson-Craft, Sciada, 1976 Barron sprint, 1971 Gull-runner Hondo, 1965or67 Wickens #1 long deck, 1974 Aqua-Shark, Howard T deck runner, 1964 Stevens {pontiac}, last but not least, 'Golduster E' rear seater 14' past champion. If I left anyone out, please add to this. Most of these flats will time in and Bracket Race each other for three overall winners.
smile_sp I cant list all the boats for-sale that are coming but there are a bunch. Last year three boats found new homes that I knew about.
There is also a Rod run and {2} shows, live band, boat swap-meet, racers potluck dinner, Family fun for all ages! AND THE FIRST INBOARD NOSTY HYDROPLANE RACE FEATURING OLD 266 and 280s! WOW!
smile_sp I wish to thank all those who have supported us here on the boards and helped with the Boat Racer Reunion! A V-drive revival is truely a beautiful thing to see!! JeRkNheiN
[ May 17, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: CircleJerk ]

RaysonKid
05-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks , You answered my BIG question.
Was wondering about towing something over to see about selling it.
Now quit with the computer and get that boat ready..

CircleJerk
05-20-2003, 11:21 PM
Hi Rayson {raisen,raison} Crapt. smile_sp So glad you wont miss it this year. Seems like you do lots of work for other folks and not much time for yourself. Don't forget to volunteer for something fun. Like: Bikini or Liquor Inspector, Salvage diver {wouldnt be a bad place to dive} USDA meat inspector, etc. Still hope your Dad comes with one of those neat tow trucks and brings the Sanger or the Marlin. When my money comes in I hope to make an offer on it. Heck, you could wreck it out for the small price. I need R.H. stuff for my H2OCrapt. Dont forget to bring some boat stuff also for sale to pay for the fuel bill. Last year was a buyers heaven for boat parts. And as I said three boats sold for good dollars, 10G, 3.5G, and 6G.
Oh, almost forgot, some of the VIPs include Funny Car driver and NHRA division rep: Gordie Bonnin { 240 Gordy } The Canadians sure remember him. One of the interesting interviews I have lined up. We also will be broadcasting on AM or Fm radio so bring a boom box with the cooler and pup tent!
The alcohol show should be fast in the hydro ranks with three boats in the high 90's, and of course look for those vintage inboard hydros. We expect so many boats that a numbering system will be implimented to organize the lanches and free up pit space! Also, this year will feature a group picture shoot of all the inboards awaiting the start gun so we can share the excitement with you all here on the boards. Sound good? You Washington, Idaho, and Oregon folks should already have made your reservations before its too late! Sleeping on picnic tables is permitted, however.
Bring boats, any kind, for the opening floating parade of colors while a celebrity sings the Anthem to start the show. {this is where the blown boats star} See you there! Going to the shop now.....JeRk smile_sp

FlatRat
05-21-2003, 05:45 AM
CircleJoik,
Sounds like it's gonna be a good time.We can't wait to meet you and the bunch.Maybe pick your brains about set-ups and check other v-drives.
See ya in a few,Tim

RaysonKid
05-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Jerkster,
Check your PM's.
Also would you like me to bring my scuba equip.?
Just in case?
Or is that handled?
[ May 21, 2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: RaysonKid ]

CircleJerk
05-22-2003, 11:24 PM
RaysonKid:
Jerkster,
Check your PM's.
Also would you like me to bring my scuba equip.?
Just in case?
Or is that handled? Do you have experience in this field or would you like some? I think it is too late to get your name on the insurance roster but maybe if you are willing for the future, what a great spot to view the race and I know we could use two divers when the ____ hits the fan! Dont you want to dive for recreation? Check out the Girls? I also sent you a Pm.... smile_sp

CircleJerk
05-22-2003, 11:29 PM
Flat Rat, I cant wait to introduce you to FlatRat! This could put a new twist to the phrase Pressed Rat! By the way, his boat is Yellow! Yikes...cheezy. Are you bringing a boat to the party? Remember to bring unwanted boat parts to sell and pay for the trip! Or trade for what you need and save. Back to the shop or I wont make it with two... smile_sp

CircleJerk
05-24-2003, 09:55 AM
News flash: One of the first Super Stock racers ever, may be attending this race! He also has rigged many boats over the years. We welcome him to our experienced inspection team and of course to the good food, entertainment, and SPIRITS! Thanks Vdriver4ever smile_sp It just keeps getting better and better!!! smile_sp

Flat Rat
06-01-2003, 10:31 PM
CircleJerk - I called Brian P last week and he said he might come over and bring the Howard. Talked to Ray with the 55 Nomad and Hondo he said he will be there. Al is going to bring two boats.

RaysonKid
06-01-2003, 10:39 PM
Jerkyguy,
Thanks for the call today.
Will see you there bright and early...
Hope there will be COFFEE.

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 11:01 PM
RaysonKid:
Jerkyguy, bright !
Hope there will be COFFEE. Thank you too for the compliment! I have never thought of myself being too smart! Coffee, Of course! smile_sp

RaysonKid
06-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Wow,
A twisted quote.

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Flat Rat:
CircleJerk - I called Brian P last week and he said he might come over and bring the Howard. Talked to Ray with the 55 Nomad and Hondo he said he will be there. Al is going to bring two boats. Good news! Do you think Brian might be interested in veiwing the race from the safety boat? It may be arranged if that would entise him. I also have a favor to ask of you. We need help in the flatbottom pit, interested? Of course that would make you eligible for the free potluck! smile_sp

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 11:06 PM
RaysonKid:
Wow,
A twisted quote. Here' wink s another: You can leave but will be an addiction!

RaysonKid
06-01-2003, 11:07 PM
CircleJerk:
Flat Rat:
CircleJerk - I called Brian P last week and he said he might come over and bring the Howard. Talked to Ray with the 55 Nomad and Hondo he said he will be there. Al is going to bring two boats. Good news! Do you think Brian might be interested in veiwing the race from the safety boat? It may be arranged if that would entise him. I also have a favor to ask of you. We need help in the flatbottom pit, interested? Of course that would make you eligible for the free potluck! smile_sp Is that Brian P. my Dad?
He has a Howard.
Geez, I am out of the loop if it is.

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Yes son, We had given up on you in persuading your own flesh and blood! So someone stepped up to the plate {cheese} :D

RaysonKid
06-01-2003, 11:13 PM
I am speechless.... :rolleyes:

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Now, what's the status on that Bro of yours? Bringing his Camera would possible get him a seat next to you.... might he be coming???? smile_sp

RaysonKid
06-01-2003, 11:18 PM
He is feeling guilty about the time he spent away from the family. While we painted his Sanger.
But I have not got an answer from him yet.
Maybe the unofficial videographer title will sway him.
That and the seating arrangment.

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 11:19 PM
RaysonKid:
I am .... :rolleyes: Interesting.......By the way, big news coming out of the board meeting tonight, Georgia had a hydroplane race and had a 12 boat special event!!!! Yes, Flatbottoms. The club pres stated over the phone that he had'nt seen spectators that interested in a heat EVER! Surprise surprise {my Gomer Pyle inpersonation} :D

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 11:25 PM
You might say: It's spreading! Americal Outboard Federation was the sanctioning club and they ARE looking for more v-drive circle racing throughout their National organization! There may be a race in your very home town and you dont know it! Ah, JohnyBoydseed is grinning from armpit to armpit! Hurry up APBA, you'll miss the boat! Opps, did I say that? smile_sp

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 11:29 PM
RaysonKid:
He is feeling guilty about the time he spent away from the family. While we painted his Sanger.
But I have not got an answer from him yet.
Maybe the unofficial videographer title will sway him.
That and the seating arrangment. Good, its settled then! Call him:'The Official #2 Underwater Cameraman '. Now Jerk push away from the puter....... sleeping

FlatRat
06-02-2003, 05:38 AM
Joik,
It don't look like I'll be bringing a boat this year.I hope to have the Hydro done for next year.So, # 1 Flat Rat's ride is yellow?Will that be the blown Mandella?At what campsite will you be?Friday the 13th at campsite 13 is we will be.It will be just the tent this year,but next year will be camper and Hydro.Hey,you other Montana guys,where you be.
Later

CircleJerk
06-02-2003, 11:29 PM
Flatrat, Sorry to hear about the boat. That 65 lbs at idle is scarry. What was it at 7000? Could it have been too much pressure? We run 65-70 racing and hot and 25-35 at idle. Glad you are still coming, it will be a blast. Your unlucky campsite is a great location for viewing the race from if you have binoculars. Anyother site is bad due to the peninsula that juts out in turn 1. You also have a great sandy beach. I will be at the #96 launch ramp. I dont know where the sheep herders are, maybe fixing Mitch's airplane Howard. Bring your camera, some rare boats are coming.

CircleJerk
06-02-2003, 11:35 PM
JoIk, I like that. Another boat coming from Oregon is confirmed to be the Yellow Hornet SK that was driven by Arnie Olofson and is still owned by his family. I believe it had a 392 Hemi with 6 two barrels and mashed the competition in its day. They are in the campsite right next to me I think. Cant wait to meet them but are they ready to meet a JeRk? smile_sp

Vic V-Drive
06-04-2003, 04:34 PM
To Circle Jerk,
I was wondering what day the swap meet is and which day the old V8 hydros will be running?
Thanks,and looking forward to the fun.

boatguy222
06-04-2003, 04:45 PM
Vic V-Drive:
To Circle Jerk,
I was wondering what day the swap meet is and which day the old V8 hydros will be running?
Thanks,and looking forward to the fun. Vic,
The swap meet is anytime the racing is not going on, most of us lay our stuff out and you can, come buy and chat, or what ever. I'll be there Friday afternoon, with lots of parts. what are you looking for?

CircleJerk
06-05-2003, 08:58 AM
VVD: Here's the weekend schedule that you will get a copy of there.
7:30-8:30 Drivers registration& tech
8:30-9:00 Mandatory rookie training
9:00-9:30 Drivers meeting
9:30-10:00 finish tech & Boat Show set up
10:00-10:30 Outboard test time & T-shirt sales
10:30-10:55 Inboard test time
11:00-11:30 Launch boat color guard
ll:30-12:00 National anthem and opening show
12:00-4:30 Outboard and Inboard racing
4:30-6:30 Private boat cruise, launch ramp open
6:00-8:00 Potluck dinner for racers and VIP's
8:00- Bench racing,live music Boat show awards
Sunday: Prayer meeting 7:00, Drivers meeting 9:00
Racing ll:00-3:30
Incidently, Pets are allowed camping in designated areas and throughout the race site with a leash.
All activities and racing will be announced on 102.8 FM radio dial so if you are in a remote area just tune in the Boom Box! Driver interviews, music, and wise crack commentary will be under the control of your ON-Off switch.
Also Admission is Free but you must sign in at the VIP-PitGate entrance for insurance purposes. Here you can purchase FM earphones{just like Nascar} T-shirts and hats and meet some of the great VIP boat racers and builders! See Ya There! Bring a camera, this will be the largest gathering of rare and restored flats and hydroplanes in the Pacific Northwest ever! YrJeRknss

CircleJerk
06-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Vic V-Drive:
To Circle Jerk,
Thanks,and looking forward to the fun. Its like Boat guy says, sell from your campsite or pits, and the hydros run the same as the flats, two times a day Saturday and Sunday. That is if they are all still running for 4 heats! smile_sp

Vic V-Drive
06-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the schedule.See you there.
We drive V-drives

hondo sanger
06-05-2003, 07:19 PM
jerk, looking forward to parade. also did you find speed skier.i will be their wensday. also bring ski, i will pull you !!!!! my, kids will be their thur. night they are bring cruiser so if you need boat on course, we can help out. i am leaving hondo home. my new boat is ready.
cya next week AL

CircleJerk
06-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Hey, we may have a winner....you pull me with your blown Sanger! They would have to love that! Al, dont be a stranger this time, would you volunteer to run the VIP table for an hour? You just sign autographs and sell shirts and BS the folks.....OK? Kids bringing cruiser? Recipe for fun it sounds.... smile_sp

FlatRat
06-06-2003, 03:00 AM
JoIk,
I pulled motor,took off pan only to find a big fat nothing.I will pull some caps off today.Maybe the noise I heard was i my head.I hate when that happens.Sking behind a blown Sanger,I've gotta see this.I will be looking for a 1"x73" prop shaft and a Neovane waterpump.We will be showing up Friday afternoon.
over and out

hondo sanger
06-08-2003, 09:53 PM
jerk, one thing i have a lot of is b.s. yes i will help any way i can. so feel free to ask.
boat, is flat running hard, flat rat. looks like he will make i probley by thur. tody is sunday and i think it is running. he likes to wait till last min. then he goes like hell. cya AL

CircleJerk
06-09-2003, 07:15 AM
Latest news: Blondies motor just went in and it still leaks oil at high rpm! The new pan had no effect, so out it comes again. Its almost as if the block is cracked near the front pan rail and oil gushes out above pan and drips down to the rail. If I dont have a cracked front cover-mount or the timing cover gasket is bad, then she doesnt race. I'm getting good at pulling stuff, It only took 1 hour to get it on a stand and one day to put it back in the boat! Let see, I have five days to fix it and pack up........ :( JeRkout frown

CircleJerk
06-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Found it. This BBC is so early: June,66,that it did not have the dowel pin embossment for the timing chain cover. Hense, oil leaked at these holes in the alum cover at high rpm when the chain was flinging it. I have never seen this before, all other bbc blocks have dowels I think. Weird, so after the third engine removal, I think the Blondes boat is ready to pass some BOYS! smile_sp
PS If anyone hasnt gotten reservations yet, there are still some campsites or feel free to join us in the pits and roll out the sleeping bag! smile_sp

RaysonKid
06-10-2003, 05:50 AM
Whats the weather predictions?
Jerkyone?

GN117 Big Dawg
06-10-2003, 06:36 AM
Yer Jerkness,,
I know it's been a long time, how are ya? I'm embarrassed to admit to you that I was in Spokane Memorial Day week on bussiness. Time was short, and we were in and out in one day with no time to play. I was thinkin of you two sorry we missed!
Iv'e got an idea for your show, "CHAIN RACES!" You know, where ya chain 3 or 4 SS boats together then chain them up to a BAD ASS GN boat and then a cut them loose and laugh at the SS (sissy stock)drivers hangin' on!!!

CircleJerk
06-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Doggie, you're killin me! Chain races? Here's the JeRk version: chain two super stocks transoms together,at the gun, the first one to drag the other onto the sand bar wins. Of course that is if anyone is left in the seat! All competitors must install swampbuggie air cleaners with their whirlaways to make it fair and orange shower caps for their mulletts! :D
Or how about this, chain a 3000lb Nosty boat to a GN and see who becomes the others anchor! A little similar to chaining a jet car to someones Yugo and watching it burn down to the recaps? Well, can you picture it? I like the boat drag better, not drag boat racing but boat drag derby! Dang, I been out in the shop entirely toooooo long! smile_sp It could be a new feature for our races, dont you think, might make Ripleys Believe It or Not!!!Boat drag..........HHHHEEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW

CircleJerk
06-10-2003, 09:51 PM
RaysonKid:
Whats the weather predictions?
Jerkyone? HHAAA Ha,Jerkyone.....sounds like you know my dental hygenist! Hey, weather isnt a problem! Saturday calls for a small chance of rain or hail mixed with slight winds,{a mild Tornado is not expected to touch down}, possible flooding in low areas, but not to worry: snow will only be found above 2000 feet! Highs in the mid 40's! Outside of that, the race should be great! Any more questions for YoUreJeRknEss??? smile_sp

72 superlite
06-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Weather will be hot, it was last year!! Sorry I can't make it this year, but we will be there next year, with a finished boat in tow. Oh yeah, look out for the Corn Back Rattlers, they hang out in the sun baked portajohns. Jeff make sure you talk to Harlin Orin, he has a lot of old school knowledge, and play nice with others.

CircleJerk
06-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear we lost a camera man. What do you mean, play nice? See you next year. And where did you get your weather report? :D

RaysonKid
06-11-2003, 06:10 AM
They plan on keeping me out on the rescue boat. Far away from others...
Should be the coolest seat on the lake?
Or darn hot with all the scuba gear...?

CircleJerk
06-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Another ThankYou Rayson-kidddd! You are a life saver and I am told there will be Ladies on that boat with you fanning the tall strong brave divers with palm branches and serving grapes and ice drinks! I will not, however, receive that kind of treatment.... Boo Hoo I'll be lucky if someone even recognizes YourJeRkneSs. You,though will be famous! And HOT! smile_sp

RaysonKid
06-12-2003, 06:24 AM
Hmmm, Famous or Infamous ??
I just hope that I am the most BORED guy on the lake.
Keep it Safe
See ya there.
[ June 12, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: RaysonKid ]

126driver
06-12-2003, 06:35 AM
CJ, did you just call RaysonKid HOT!? jawdrop yuk Seems like a nice guy, but HOT? :rolleyes: :D smile_sp

RaysonKid
06-13-2003, 05:59 AM
OK, That has me worried..
Well hell, Its pouring down rain here.
I am so ready to head east and find some sun.
Wish I was headed to CFW. Sounds like lots of fun down South.
Looking forward to the races at Banks lake.
See some of you there..
Will post some pictures next week.
Happy fathers day to the fathers out there. wink