PDA

View Full Version : boat transport

sangerflatty
04-24-2007, 05:58 PM
bought a boat in nor-cal (clearlake 95453 area) need it brought to san diego area. it is a 22 ft eliminator tunnel hull only,trailer is ruff but towable. all lights work and tires are good with bearing buddies for grease. owner says it is towable down here no problem, let me no if anyone knows of anybody
thanks

Saab
04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
roughly 600 miles, 9 hour drive. Why not do it yourself? rent a uhaul pickup for the weekend, or an enterprise van. get a hotel room up there and make it a road trip. Or If it was me I would just rent the van for the weekend and sleep in it, take a set of rims/tires for it and a grease gun. If you have AAA they will tow you 100 miles if anything happens. I made the drive to san jose and back in 17 hours non stop, towed a empty trailer up there and went 90 from the grapevine to san jose, on the way back had a single cab truck on 40's on the trailer and went 60 in the rain. once you get over the grapevine theres nothing for about 250 miles I believe. go fast but be safe. I left on sat night around 8 and there was no traffic.

COWBOY KENNY
04-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Go up there and take the boat out on clearlake it is a nice lake with good sites.

2forcefull
04-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Yeah, and mke sure you bring oars to paddle that boat w/no motor:rolleyes: