PDA

View Full Version : Washing Cylinder worries

thatguy
04-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Need some expert advice. My new engine is almost ready to fire. .040 454 Kieth Black slugs, Moly rings, comp 284 Hyd. 575 lift straight across. Brodix 280cc runners, 119c chambers. (10:1) My question is this; I have a T-Ram w/ 660 center squirters. In my experience the 660's tend to be "slobbery" unless running WOT. On cars I have had they really only ran clean when actually racing. I am considering running it for a while w/ a single 750 I have on a torker so as not to wash the new hone w/fuel. Is this a good idea or am I worrying about nothing?
Tommy:confused: :confused:

BrendellaJet
04-24-2007, 07:33 PM
i think the general consensus on those carbs in a jetboat application is that they suck...gas that is.
Sounds like a nice motor, a nice single plane intake and a big 4 barrell could yield similar results and you would have better drivability than the 660's.

Havasu Carrera
04-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Everyone bad mouths the center squirters so I changed mine out right away.
About a year later I ran them again and always wondered why I switched in the first place. They worked well with my welded weiand manifold. Just givin my .001. Hope that helps.

Fiat48
04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Need some expert advice. My new engine is almost ready to fire. .040 454 Kieth Black slugs, Moly rings, comp 284 Hyd. 575 lift straight across. Brodix 280cc runners, 119c chambers. (10:1) My question is this; I have a T-Ram w/ 660 center squirters. In my experience the 660's tend to be "slobbery" unless running WOT. On cars I have had they really only ran clean when actually racing. I am considering running it for a while w/ a single 750 I have on a torker so as not to wash the new hone w/fuel. Is this a good idea or am I worrying about nothing?
Tommy:confused: :confused:
Excellent idea. Drive it around and tune it. Read your max rpm and maybe bring your gps.
Then do the tunnel ram and the 2 660's. Prove to yourself if the tunnel ram and the 660's are really giving you anything but driveability problems. That's what it is all about. Prove what works.

thatguy
04-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks guys,
Boat has been down all winter nit-picking this engine and the install and I really don't want to pull it again for a hone because of a bad decision. I will run the torker first. Updates to follow!
Tommy