PDA

View Full Version : Please Read!!!!

kevnmcd
04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Please go to this website (http://www.hpboatsurvey.com/) and read it and fill out the survey to help curve/stop the legislation on High Performance Boats. Eventually we ALL will be effected! Thanks!
Moderators - Could you make this a sticky for a little while to facilitate as much participation as possible? Thanks.

Daddy_G
04-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Here's an excerpt to motivate all y'all:
"...on January 2, 2009, California engine emissions legislation will become law that will limit the exhaust emissions of all “high-performance” boat engines of greater than 500HP. The new laws require that all “high-performance” marine engines will have to use catalytic converters in order to meet the emissions levels currently mandated. At this time no such engines exist and the cost of development of the new engines would seriously impact the high-performance boating industry." :sqeyes:
The survey takes like 20 seconds to complete.
This shit matters!!!!!

98 Vector 21
04-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Thats easy.....5% at dock, 95% at W.O.T. :D I guess that makes me a Gross Polluter!

Classic Daycruiser
04-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Don't worry...the $5.00+ a gallon gas prices will regulate emissions.

Pheelin Phroggy
04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
done, if it has any chance of keeping the Gov from getting deeper in my pocket, its worth the 3 minutes

thinkblue83
04-24-2007, 07:43 PM
I only have a 21 Ultra with about 520 hp but Id hate to see all of those beautiful boats have to put a rediculous converter on, dont these people in Sacramento have anything better to do, its bad enough that they regulate the noise levels now