PDA

View Full Version : Does Craiglist REALLY work?

Miss Jackie
04-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Anyone have any good or bad experiences with selling items on that site?
:idea:

RitcheyRch
04-24-2007, 07:04 PM
I've bought and sold a few things on there.

Classic Daycruiser
04-24-2007, 07:06 PM
For local stuff, it is great free place to post.

uvindex
04-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Yep, I've sold stuff on Craigslist. It's free, what do you have to lose? :)

Miss Jackie
04-24-2007, 07:09 PM
I laugh at some of the things people list and the blurbs they add to it! OMG some people tell their whole story and some - funny.:D

Miss Jackie
04-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Well I am trying to sell a few things on there and it just seems like FOREVER - I get alot of calls but people that just want to dick around. :)

HocusPocus
04-24-2007, 07:14 PM
over the past 2 years i have sold 3 boats, 3 cars, 4 trucks and several other things without any problems using craigslist. i never had any luck with the traders or ebay when it came to selling a vehicle and so so luck with recycler. a big plus is that craigslist is free and you can post pics.

Classic Daycruiser
04-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Well I am trying to sell a few things on there and it just seems like FOREVER - I get alot of calls but people that just want to dick around. :)
I've heard they busted a few people for dicking around:D :D :D

Miss Jackie
04-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I've heard they busted a few people for dicking around:D :D :D
YOU SEE! And that's why I feel a little leary about the whole website!:mad:
J/K LMAO:D

BigDutch
04-24-2007, 07:21 PM
This past winter I sold firewood. For every person that actualy bought firewood there was 3-5 people that I had to either chase around with emails and phone calls. And I had everything very well worded as to what was needed to be seid.
Will I do it again, yes, not onlt firewood, but I have a couple of boats and motors to sell.

Miss Jackie
04-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Well who the hell wants to buy my GE Profile Washer and Electric Dryer???
No one will buy an electric dryer in Cali! Errrrrrr that's why it's not going - damn it all to hell - I am so so so uhhhhhhh! :rolleyes:
Anyone need a set for their pad in AZ!? That is where I bought mine when I was there.

duner21
04-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I had an eclosed trailer posted everywhere for weeks. It was alos in the cycle trader not one call. The day i put it on craigs list i got a call and he bought it! I would use it again!

rerfert
04-24-2007, 08:00 PM
I sold a boat last month (mind you the price was right) listed was on for 2 days and the new owner drove 3 hours to check it out and take it home.
It's free (less your time) I would sell there again.

acatitude
04-24-2007, 08:02 PM
sold my suburban and an entertainment center on there , both within 2 weeks cash and no trying to get the price lower...

Cole Sanger
04-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Sold multiple items on Craigslist. Some stuff was real junk in my opinion, but my wife said she would try. Sold real quick. Sold her car on there in less than 8 hours and for $1000 more than I ever thought we would get. Ok car, but we were just fishing for interest.

Mandelon
04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
I sell stuff on it all the time. They are looking for bargains, so you need to price it right.

Invisible Sun
04-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Sold my Truimph in a couple of weeks, and a set of offroad wheels and tires it a couple of hours. It was amazing. I posted the ad and within two hours I had a response and a guy on the way to pick them up.

Racey
04-24-2007, 09:01 PM
I've bought a few things on there, just met the seller in person at a public place exchanged goods for cash and went on my way, never been stiffed on there.

HighRoller
04-24-2007, 09:39 PM
I just forked out $50 for an ad to sell my wife's pickup on Auto Trader. While I was waiting for it to be published I posted it on CL as well. HOLY Shiatt! I'm not kidding when I say the first phone call came 2 minutes after I posted. While I was on that call another came in. 5 calls and 3 emails in 2 hours. We listed it Friday and took a deposit Saturday for above our minimum. Now I'm pissed because I paid 50 bones for an ad I have to cancel before it even runs.
We've always had great luck on there but you gotta price stuff agressively and generate some interest. Before our last move we put everything that wasn't bolted down on there and ended up with an empty house and a wad of cash in a single weekend.

YeLLowBoaT
04-24-2007, 09:46 PM
i've had stuff never sale, then I've had stuff sale with in a hour of posting.
BTW read the personal section...it will make your gaw drop.

Kilrtoy
04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Well who the hell wants to buy my GE Profile Washer and Electric Dryer???
No one will buy an electric dryer in Cali! Errrrrrr that's why it's not going - damn it all to hell - I am so so so uhhhhhhh! :rolleyes:
Anyone need a set for their pad in AZ!? That is where I bought mine when I was there.
HOW MUCH, I JUST MAY BE IN THE MARKET

76ANTHONY
04-25-2007, 06:24 AM
well jackie, i put two boats and my 73 camaro on there monday or sunday and theres been about 30 emails on them, so i guess it works pretty well...:D

HavaSkank
04-25-2007, 06:30 AM
I once sold my soul on Craigslist, but it was returned and labeled "Defective"

lhchouse
04-25-2007, 06:32 AM
I've bought tons of great items on Craigslist and received great replies on posted things, too!

76ANTHONY
04-25-2007, 06:32 AM
I once sold my soul on Craigslist, but it was returned and labeled "Defective"
i think i shoulda been reimbursed my postal fees too:devil: :D :D :D

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 05:35 PM
i've had stuff never sale, then I've had stuff sale with in a hour of posting.
BTW read the personal section...it will make your gaw drop.
LOL - I just did last Friday OMG hilarious! :D

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
HOW MUCH, I JUST MAY BE IN THE MARKET
Gotcha honey! See I should have just posted them on here. Cool deal! :)

Jordy
04-25-2007, 05:42 PM
LOL - I just did last Friday OMG hilarious! :D
Proof reading your ad or what?? :D :D :D

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Proof reading your ad or what?? :D :D :D
More like yours - I didn't know you liked it in the butt that way...:D :D :D

Jordy
04-25-2007, 05:52 PM
More like yours - I didn't know you liked it in the butt that way...:D :D :D
Wow, you really got me there... I'm rubber, you're glue... :jawdrop: :idea: :D

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Wow, you really got me there... I'm rubber, you're glue... :jawdrop: :idea: :D
:rolleyes: ;) :D

2Driver
04-25-2007, 06:07 PM
meeting strangers to get stuff sold then yeah it works. I have sold a number of things there including our RV a few weeks back.
I upgraded one of our toilets a few weeks ago and didn’t know how to get rid of the old one. I figured I had a few choices: dump it in a home depot dumpster at night, break it up and put it in my trash, take it out to the desert and plink it with the Glock. For fun I put it on Craiglist and it sold in 5 days for $50! :jawdrop:

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:10 PM
meeting strangers to get stuff sold then yeah it works. I have sold a number of things there including our RV a few weeks back.
I upgraded one of our toilets a few weeks ago and didn’t know how to get rid of the old one. I figured I had a few choices: dump it in a home depot dumpster at night, break it up and put it in my trash, take it out to the desert and plink it with the Glock. For fun I put it on Craiglist and it sold in 5 days for $50! :jawdrop:
I'm not okay w/ meeting up w/ these strangers so that is why I go with a male friend or he just goes for me. I'm a worry-ward sometimes. ;)