PDA

View Full Version : Placecraft is RUINING my Sex Life...Help!!!

BBGetOn
04-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Need help in figuring out what is going on with this company....my boyfriend ordered a boat in January....and well... it was promised March 31...and today is???? (And no end in sight!) Is this the same for all boat manufacturers??? Yikes....it's been a long month...anyone have info? (Bottom line....sex life :confused: ) Is anyone else suffering from the symptoms or have any input? Thanks to all....batteries are running low....:)

purrfecttremor
04-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Great 1st post. Ive bought two new boats and both on time. Maybe someone on H.B. can help with your problem..

27 Awesome cat
04-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Lets get to the point of this post..What does your sex life have to do with this boat?

yopengo
04-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Is anyone else suffering from the symptoms or have any input? Thanks to all....batteries are running low....:)
I may have some input for you. :D :D :D But then again my wife would kill us both. :(

27 Awesome cat
04-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Aw that sucks, I was going for that one next....Good job:D

rocket98
04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Need help in figuring out what is going on with this company....my boyfriend ordered a boat in January....and well... it was promised March 31...and today is???? (And no end in sight!) Is this the same for all boat manufacturers??? Yikes....it's been a long month...anyone have info? (Bottom line....sex life :confused: ) Is anyone else suffering from the symptoms or have any input? Thanks to all....batteries are running low....:)
We need pic's of all and any affected parts.

HighRoller
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
I would say this thread is worthless without pics, but it's kinda hard to take a picture of nothing so carry on.:eek:

BBGetOn
04-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeppers....sucks for a first post...just really want some answers as to what to tell him. How does it work when you give a deposit on a boat in January, promised at the end of March....nice boat....actually perfect boat for what he wants....but it's not here...promises...promises....and the pepe is is the dirt because he is stressed about the boat????

riverbound
04-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeppers....sucks for a first post...just really want some answers as to what to tell him. How does it work when you give a deposit on a boat in January, promised at the end of March....nice boat....actually perfect boat for what he wants....but it's not here...promises...promises....and the pepe is is the dirt because he is stressed about the boat????
Tell him you are over his non boat owning ass and have decided to move on.
FYI... I have a boat....wanna go to the Poker run this weekend?? ;)

Concept1
04-24-2007, 09:57 PM
This thread is like throwing meat to the lions! Great Job!!!!

wolfie
04-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Need pics to see how we can help you out!!!!

HighRoller
04-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Why doesn't he just man up and tell them he wants his deposit back? They obviously know he's willing to wait forever and a day to get his boat, which is why they are clowning him while they finish someone else's rig. He needs to make them believe he'll go elsewhere if they don't produce some results PDf-ingQ. A little desperation is good for the soul and it will let him get control of the situation back.

djunkie
04-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Thats a ballsy offer without even having any pics....... Well it wouldn't be the first time you took one for the team I guess. :crossx: :crossx:

rvr_d8
04-24-2007, 10:21 PM
A friend of mine was promised his Placecraft last September '06!!!
He will hopefully have it in 2 weeks!!
His girlfriend has had little problem keeping his spirits Up.....no pun intended!;)
They do tend to drag their feet alot!! Two others in our group have placecrafts and went through similar timelines.....but they love their boats!!

riverbound
04-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Thats a ballsy offer without evening having any pics....... Well it wouldn't be the first time you took one for the team I guess. :crossx: :crossx:
I will even be real ballsy and tell her to look for my Blue Howard. ;)

djunkie
04-24-2007, 10:24 PM
LOL!!!!!!!:crossx: :crossx:
I'll have to remember to bring some Howard stickers out for your boat. :D :D

riverbound
04-24-2007, 10:25 PM
LOL!!!!!!!:crossx: :crossx:
I'll have to remember to bring some Howard stickers out for your boat. :D :D
If she is good looking, I will stick them on ;)

riverbound
04-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Thats a ballsy offer without even having any pics....... Well it wouldn't be the first time you took one for the team I guess. :crossx: :crossx:
Not exactly sure what you are speaking of here:confused:

djunkie
04-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Not exactly sure what you are speaking of here:confused:
Neither was I. I just figured there had to be "that one time" :D :D

ratso
04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Darlin'... if a boat is ruining your sex life, you better start getting a few pointers from chicks that know how to keep their man happy...;)

HighRoller
04-24-2007, 11:07 PM
"Hey baby, wanna go for a ride on my Blue Howard?" Priceless.

VEGASBABY
04-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Poor girl had no idea she what she was infor:devil:

RaceFace
04-25-2007, 06:55 AM
This thread is like throwing meat to the lions! Great Job!!!!
No s**t! Here we go........;)

AZJD
04-25-2007, 07:03 AM
LMAO

BBGetOn
04-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Riverbound, ty for the offer. It looks like we're heading up this weekend to look at a Shockwave. I just feel bad for him, because he really wanted the Placecraft. As for the deposit, "check is in the mail", as of Friday. I think that the mail man is shopping. :)

COWBOY KENNY
04-26-2007, 09:49 AM
MY PLACECRAFT IS FOR SALE AND I PROMISE YOU CAN TAKE DELIVERY TODAY. :devil:

riverbound
04-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Neither was I. I just figured there had to be "that one time" :D :D
Not yet....havent had the fortune of "having to jump on the grenade" for a friend yet....wheew.

riverbound
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Riverbound, ty for the offer. It looks like we're heading up this weekend to look at a Shockwave. I just feel bad for him, because he really wanted the Placecraft. As for the deposit, "check is in the mail", as of Friday. I think that the mail man is shopping. :)
You are welcome....but the offer was for you only ;) he would have to stand on the shore and wave as we drove by... :D

dumbandyoung
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Wait..... So your bailing out on Placecraft just because they are running behind?? Is the boat almost done at least? Dont tell me they're are just waiting on a trailer or something small.
Now If the boat just came out of the mold thats another story??
Fill us in on details.. How much progress have they made? I would say just try and renegotiate a better deal rather than back out.
If you go to shockwave, talk to Chris about their special blow out prices. ;) My buddys boat is sitting there. Hell make your boyfriend a good deal on it. He used it one time for a Powell Trip and Bob used it for a few test rides.
heres a pic,....http://www.shockwaveboats.com/used%202007%20Shockwave%2025%27%20walkthru%20copy. jpg

BBGetOn
04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Hey Riverbound...aren't you married to Heather? Or are you part of that "swinging" crowd here?

BBGetOn
04-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Kenny, thanks for the offer. You're boat is really nice. We've actually talked about it and he may be calling you next week. The problem is that he really wants the new 23 foot. We'll know more on Monday.

Holland
04-26-2007, 10:49 AM
That is a nice boat... Tell him he has extra servicing to do when it gets done!!!!

Hustler
04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
If he ordered it in Jan. and they said they would send his deposit back my guess is it has not even seen a mold yet and is still sitting in 5 gallon buckets.:rolleyes:

riverbound
04-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey Riverbound...aren't you married to Heather? Or are you part of that "swinging" crowd here?
I dated a Heather once...but that is old old old news. There is no need or desire for me to get married again. :)

beaverretriever
04-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Kenny, thanks for the offer. You're boat is really nice. We've actually talked about it and he may be calling you next week. The problem is that he really wants the new 23 foot. We'll know more on Monday.
I hate to spam, but I am.. sorry.:) Your husband isn't Finsfansforlife on here is it? He wanted a Place as well.
He wants a 23? I have one of the nicest around.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146903&highlight=23xs
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7771/cimg1579640x480zo8.jpg

shockwavebd
04-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I think your boyfriend was the one I spoke to at the shop last week, I am pretty sure shockwave does not make a 23 deck boat? If you guys have anymore questions please give me a call at the corona location
Thanks Barry Diehl
Ultra boats corona 951-734-6000

BBGetOn
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Barry, I'm pretty sure that you're right. I know that he was down at Ultra last week. He was debating between Ultra and Placecraft back in January, but decided on Placecraft due to pricing, standard features and customer relations. As for the Schockwave, it's a 2005 used with six hours on it. Nice boat! Yet not a deck boat. He's hooked on the tunnel ram hull. I will let him know to get in touch with you should he decide to go back to Ultra. Thanks!

BBGetOn
04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Beaverretriever...Nice Boat!!! Get coat is awesome! However he's looking for a jet?

HefeRaton
04-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Beaverretriever...Nice Boat!!! Get coat is awesome! However he's looking for a jet?
I would not recommend a jet at 23', 21' with a jet is pushing it.

HighRoller
04-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Choosing Placecraft over Ultra? :rolleyes:

sdpm
04-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Why the hell does he want a boat anyways? What was he thinking??:eek:

finsfan4life
04-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey BB, which boat is urs.. I also have a order in....I could tell you that some of the problem came from a hicup with the new gas tanks, and they also had to make some adjustments to the mold...Have u seen the 28ft, if its going to be anything like our 23, its the bomb..!!!!

COWBOY KENNY
04-27-2007, 10:58 AM
If it wasnt that we are about 3 weeks from my wife's due date I wouldnt be selling my Placecraft we love the boat and Ron and Scott are real nice people. when the kids get a little older a new place craft will probably be in order.:)

bigq
04-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Choosing Placecraft over Ultra? :rolleyes:
They both make a nice product. I happen to like the looks of the Placecraft better tehn the Ultra, but that is personal opinion. Place knows how to rig a nice boat.

finsfan4life
04-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah they do, and I couldnt freakin believe what u get in their (Placecraft)standard package. Get this, Lightning wanted to charge my buddy an extra $1000 to get a thru transom exhaust system, and 5k more for every engine upgrade (mag to h/o), That's a freakin joke...At least the exhaust should be standard. Placecraft also gives u a way nicer and upgraded trailer...!!!!

Summer LuvN
04-28-2007, 07:04 AM
Darlin'... if a boat is ruining your sex life, you better start getting a few pointers from chicks that know how to keep their man happy...;)
Yep!! Besides, sex relieves stress.;)

MRTRBL
04-28-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm stressed

shippingguy
04-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah they do, and I couldnt freakin believe what u get in their (Placecraft)standard package. Get this, Lightning wanted to charge my buddy an extra $1000 to get a thru transom exhaust system, and 5k more for every engine upgrade (mag to h/o), That's a freakin joke...At least the exhaust should be standard. Placecraft also gives u a way nicer and upgraded trailer...!!!!
You are correct that the exhaust should be standard, but to say $5k is joke to upgrade from a Mag to an HO is not. Remember you also get Bravo 1X drive with the HO and not just a Bravo 1. $5k is pretty much the cheapest that a builder will charge for the upgrade. Some may do $3500, but you have to remember it is also based on what they originally pay for the Mag package from Merc. All builders do have some different discounts from Merc based on volume.
Mike

finsfan4life
04-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok thats fair, but I got an unbelievable deal at Placecraft, I cant really say what it was, But lets put it this way, I could of jumped into a 496 H/O for half of what other builders ask...But dont forget, P/C is a much smaller outfit, Has much less overhead as I'm sure u all would agree....

shippingguy
04-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok thats fair, but I got an unbelievable deal at Placecraft, I cant really say what it was, But lets put it this way, I could of jumped into a 496 H/O for half of what other builders ask...But dont forget, P/C is a much smaller outfit, Has much less overhead as I'm sure u all would agree....
The reason you can pay less for the Mag is becuase most likely Placecraft pays more for the Mag from Merc then the larger builders. In turn the difference for them to purchase an HO is not as much because they do not get the Mag for as cheap as others. Hopefully this makes some sense.
Don't get me wrong I like the Placecraft alot, but pricing amongst builders varies based on volumes.

bigq
04-29-2007, 07:37 AM
The reason you can pay less for the Mag is becuase most likely Placecraft pays more for the Mag from Merc then the larger builders. In turn the difference for them to purchase an HO is not as much because they do not get the Mag for as cheap as others. Hopefully this makes some sense.
Don't get me wrong I like the Placecraft alot, but pricing amongst builders varies based on volumes.
So merc charges different prices to different dealers? I guess they can do and charge whatever they want since they don't have a lot of competition in that field.

BBGetOn
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey BB, which boat is urs.. I also have a order in....I could tell you that some of the problem came from a hicup with the new gas tanks, and they also had to make some adjustments to the mold...Have u seen the 28ft, if its going to be anything like our 23, its the bomb..!!!!
We were in line for the 23foot, real bright colors. It was supposed to be done by March 31, yet the first 23 just came out of the mold Friday. We went over to look at it yesterday...nice stuff!!! We're trying to order another one, but can't get the deposit back from Placecraft. Ron said that the check would be there today, boyfriend took off of work to go pick it up and when he got there he was told "sorry, no dinero aqui", after calling before he drove out to verify that the check was indeed there. It's all pretty puzzling to me...looks like we're heading to the attorneys office manana...what a mess!!!! :mad: I hope that you have better luck! What's one is yours and how long have you been waiting?

finsfan4life
05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
We were in line for the 23foot, real bright colors. It was supposed to be done by March 31, yet the first 23 just came out of the mold Friday. We went over to look at it yesterday...nice stuff!!! We're trying to order another one, but can't get the deposit back from Placecraft. Ron said that the check would be there today, boyfriend took off of work to go pick it up and when he got there he was told "sorry, no dinero aqui", after calling before he drove out to verify that the check was indeed there. It's all pretty puzzling to me...looks like we're heading to the attorneys office manana...what a mess!!!! :mad: I hope that you have better luck! What's one is yours and how long have you been waiting?
Well dont forget this 23 ft is a brand new model ( as well as the 28ft). I am sure Ron will work it out for you, Ron and Scott have a great rep., don't think they'll keep ur money unless other factors apply...I thought you guys totally were going to cancel your order...???

BBGetOn
05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Well dont forget this 23 ft is a brand new model ( as well as the 28ft). I am sure Ron will work it out for you, Ron and Scott have a great rep., don't think they'll keep ur money unless other factors apply...I thought you guys totally were going to cancel your order...???
I met Ron and Scott and thought the world of them! They seemed really down to earth and honest. Yes, my boyfriend did cancel the order and wants to purchase a boat elsewhere. He's not impressed by the run around and the fact that the first 23 ft. is not even put together and then to be told that the check is in the mail over ten days ago, take off work early today to finally pick up the check (that was in the mail ten days ago), to drive from Riverside to El Monte during rush hour, (after calling first), only to be told "sorry the check is not here....no dinero". What kind of bs is that? To me, that's not real promising. It sounds like problems waiting to happen....what's your story??? Did you get yours?

MBlaster
05-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Lets get to the point of this post..What does your sex life have to do with this boat?
Shhh easy...boat owner is anxious and not feeling his mojo. When new boat arrives man is renewed with mojo and the love light will be on.

finsfan4life
05-01-2007, 07:40 PM
I met Ron and Scott and thought the world of them! They seemed really down to earth and honest. Yes, my boyfriend did cancel the order and wants to purchase a boat elsewhere. He's not impressed by the run around and the fact that the first 23 ft. is not even put together and then to be told that the check is in the mail over ten days ago, take off work early today to finally pick up the check (that was in the mail ten days ago), to drive from Riverside to El Monte during rush hour, (after calling first), only to be told "sorry the check is not here....no dinero". What kind of bs is that? To me, that's not real promising. It sounds like problems waiting to happen....what's your story??? Did you get yours?
I also ordered th new 23...Sorry to hear about your negative experience...I should have mine by the end of May....

27 Awesome cat
05-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Shhh easy...boat owner is anxious and not feeling his mojo. When new boat arrives man is renewed with mojo and the love light will be on.
Maybe she should have ordered a bigger boat:D

COWBOY KENNY
05-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Lowering The Price On My Boat As Soon As I Can Access The Classifieds.

BBGetOn
05-17-2007, 09:48 AM
I also ordered th new 23...Sorry to hear about your negative experience...I should have mine by the end of May....
I DONT THINK YOUR GETTING YOUR BOAT BY MAY:( :( :(

rojo4
05-17-2007, 02:36 PM
You wont be disappointed with Shockwave. Delivery for me and my close friends boats were right on time. Customer service after purchase is outstanding as well.
You'll have your sex life back in no time!

finsfan4life
05-17-2007, 05:59 PM
I DONT THINK YOUR GETTING YOUR BOAT BY MAY:( :( :(
Yup, ur right...!!!

cowboykenny
05-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Not too late to buy my Placecraft it is on consignment at Boaters outlet and marine in Upland (909) 931-4982 ask for Ted:)

rvr_d8
05-18-2007, 06:52 AM
I'll buy it! Hmmmmmm.....how many jobs can I work ????
I like placecrafts, My friend's is like 9 months late (there's a line I could run with....Focus!) He test drove it last week and he is getting it this weekend and on the water at Willow next weekend. He got the 28' and from the pic......it's Hot!!:) :D :)

finsfan4life
05-18-2007, 03:46 PM
I'll buy it! Hmmmmmm.....how many jobs can I work ????
I like placecrafts, My friend's is like 9 months late (there's a line I could run with....Focus!) He test drove it last week and he is getting it this weekend and on the water at Willow next weekend. He got the 28' and from the pic......it's Hot!!:) :D :)
Yup its very nice, I saw them finishing it up...!!!

rvr_d8
05-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Yup its very nice, I saw them finishing it up...!!!
I just found out he has it and is on his way to the River this weekend! I soooooo wish I could get out of working tomorrow!! I very happy for him. If your gonna be anywhere between Sand bar, Willow and AVI.....look for him and give him a huge Thumbs up for me!

finsfan4life
05-18-2007, 08:04 PM
I just found out he has it and is on his way to the River this weekend! I soooooo wish I could get out of working tomorrow!! I very happy for him. If your gonna be anywhere between Sand bar, Willow and AVI.....look for him and give him a huge Thumbs up for me!
I wish i could be there, I dont have a BOAT !!!!! HAHAHA!!!!

finsfan4life
05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Not too late to buy my Placecraft it is on consignment at Boaters outlet and marine in Upland (909) 931-4982 ask for Ted:)
That very nice, but I cant go with a jet...!!!

rvr_d8
05-18-2007, 08:16 PM
That very nice, but I cant go with a jet...!!!
When did you see it being finished up? Do you know someone at PlaceCraft?
Their boats are Nice!
I'm boatless too! My ex has the little Witchcraft jet we had. I would have like to have kept it.....but it would have been to much drama!!
No No No Drama!!:)
I'll pass on that....life's to short
and little old jets like that are a dime a dozen.

rvr_d8
05-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Never mind.....I just read your previous comments....
Good luck on your new boat!!
We have 3 other PlaceCrafts in our Crew .....I thought they were all 22'.
I like em all!!

finsfan4life
05-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Never mind.....I just read your previous comments....
Good luck on your new boat!!
We have 3 other PlaceCrafts in our Crew .....I thought they were all 22'.
I like em all!!
Yup they are 22', the 23 and 28 are new. how do ur friends like theirs ?

rvr_d8
05-19-2007, 01:16 PM
They all Love them! I'm sure right about now......You couldn't Slap the Smile off of Gary's face while he is running his baby on the water! :D :D :D :D

rvr_d8
05-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I only have a pic of 2 of them....here they are........

finsfan4life
05-19-2007, 03:29 PM
I only have a pic of 2 of them....here they are........
Yeah I've seen those before, someone sent me videos of them..

rvr_d8
05-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah I've seen those before, someone sent me videos of them..
Who sent you videos of our boats? Do we have a friend in common?

finsfan4life
05-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Who sent you videos of our boats? Do we have a friend in common?
It was someone called todd69..I think....

rvr_d8
05-20-2007, 09:16 AM
It was someone called todd69..I think....
Our crew is growing so big with extended family & friends I can't keep up! Hey I like the Fins pic....My mom & son are die hard fans.....me? I like em too, just have to stick with the 9ers, though for years it has been hard.

finsfan4life
05-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Our crew is growing so big with extended family & friends I can't keep up! Hey I like the Fins pic....My mom & son are die hard fans.....me? I like em too, just have to stick with the 9ers, though for years it has been hard.
Oh Yeah, Finfans to the death, My first son is named Dan....Flew to Miami last year, spent 4 days on South Beach, Ocean DR. one of the best trips i have been on.....