PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland marine batteries

4day!!
04-24-2007, 08:54 PM
i just picked up 2 kirkland marine batts. anyone have an opinion on these? I figured for $53 each and a great return policy, how could i lose? Just curious if anyone has experience with them..

27 Awesome cat
04-24-2007, 08:55 PM
What CCA are they?

a catered life
04-24-2007, 08:56 PM
you cant go wrong at that price and their warranty:D

Jyruiz
04-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I think there was a thread about batteries not too long ago and I think somebody said something about them.

4day!!
04-24-2007, 09:25 PM
What CCA are they?
700 MCA

Mandelon
04-24-2007, 09:27 PM
I think there was a thread about batteries not too long ago and I think somebody said something about them.
Well ya can't dispute that statement.

MBlaster
04-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Most batterys regardless of brand are made by Johnson Controls. Obviously the proprietary high dollar batterys are independently manufactured.
Basically Costco rules. I use em.

DMOORE
04-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Run them in my boats. Work as well as any other battery I've used in the past.
Darrell.

BoneDaddy
04-24-2007, 09:33 PM
I had one a couple of years ago that only lasted one season and then went to crap. I replaced it with a Die Hard and have been fine since. Costo is still one of my favorite places to shop. My .02

04-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Maintain them with a computer controlled charger and they'll last several seasons. Or, save the $$$ for the charger and just replace them every year whether they need it or not. Costco doesn't care! Gotta love their return policy!:D

Zaairman
04-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Maintain them with a computer controlled charger and they'll last several seasons. Or, save the $$$ for the charger and just replace them every year whether they need it or not. Costco doen't care! Gotta love their return policy!:D
What he said... :D Running one in my boat now...no problems. Always has enough juice to start it up.

2Driver
04-25-2007, 06:32 AM
how could i lose? ..
Depends on what your weekend, and running back and forth to Costco is worth to you. $90K boat, $53 battery :idea:

Jyruiz
04-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Well ya can't dispute that statement.
I was being sarcastic but failed since I forgot the smiley's.:D

1 Baja Guy
04-25-2007, 07:10 AM
i just picked up 2 kirkland marine batts. anyone have an opinion on these? I figured for $53 each and a great return policy, how could i lose? Just curious if anyone has experience with them..
Gotta love Costco Rentals :D

goneboatin
04-25-2007, 09:46 AM
you cant go wrong at that price and their warranty:D
As Vincent Vega would say, "That's a bold statement".

Ziggy
04-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Been using them for my Camper and boats....so long as you keep a charge in them they seem to last as long as any other wet deep cycle battery.
As a matter of fact, I have one from WalMart I'm gonna put in the boat this weekend.

Baja Big Dog
04-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Depends on what your weekend, and running back and forth to Costco is worth to you. $90K boat, $53 battery :idea:
I was waiting for the first Baller reply...
Better go pay $110 for ther same battery with a different label on it!!!

H2O
04-25-2007, 09:56 AM
FWIW - I had one in an old boat that wasn't used or charged regularly. It was 5 years old and still worked fine when I sold the boat.

dumbandyoung
04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
the costco batteries seem great. I but them last year for the boat and the jet skis.
A buddy of mine takes his old ones back every year and says they are no good and they replace them for free.:idea: cheap bastard! ...or smart bastard. :confused: ;) :D

Jyruiz
04-25-2007, 10:56 AM
the costco batteries seem great. I but them last year for the boat and the jet skis.
A buddy of mine takes his old ones back every year and says they are no good and they replace them for free.:idea: cheap bastard! ...or smart bastard. :confused: ;) :D
Cheap and dishonest, and I am not talking just about your friend.

2Driver
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
I was waiting for the first Baller reply...
Better go pay $110 for ther same battery with a different label on it!!!
I guess if they work for you, that's all that matters. I find it impossible that they are manufactured with the same or near quality -no way.
If you have a few tree branches to trim twice a year buy a Kirkland chainsaw. If you need to cut wood then buy a Stihl. Same difference. ;)

Baja Big Dog
04-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I guess if they work for you, that's all that matters. I find it impossible that they are manufactured with the same or near quality -no way.
If you have a few tree branches to trim twice a year buy a Kirkland chainsaw. If you need to cut wood then buy a Stihl. Same difference. ;)
My Kirkland battery didnt come with a pull starter!!!:D :)

2Driver
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
My Kirkland battery didnt come with a pull starter!!!:D :)
See, there you go :D

dumbandyoung
04-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Cheap and dishonest, and I am not talking just about your friend.
ohh I agree. It will come back to bite him in the ass one day, and thats when i pop out and say "I TOLD YOU SO." ;) :D I think its just as bad as the guys that go buy a tool at home depot, use it for the on time job they are doing, then return it.

Trailer Park Casanova
04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812Dumont_valentines_day_weekend_023-med.jpg
COSTCO / Kirklands in the Golfcart are teriffic. $62 bux ea, Trojans were $140 ea around here.
That's almost a $500 savings. I plan to be conscience about the maint. & we'll see how they last in the brutal Parker heat.
Have a Kirkland / COSTCO in the GMC and 3 years of dependable service.
Two Kirkland/COSTCO deep cycles in the RV and they're 4 years old and still running strong.
Use them in the boats for years and they are great.

OCMerrill
04-25-2007, 03:08 PM
As mentioned above...it's Johnson Controls baby. They even make all Optimas now.
And they make Die Hards too. The other major player is Exide and they also private label for Sears. Then you have smaller specialty companies like Lifeline Gel's, etc.
Its just like Oil Filters...about 75% of all the brands are made by Champion Labs. Fram (puke) makes their own as does Puralator.
The Costco's are a wide spec battery thus the cheaper price (so I am told) and they drink water. Run them down and they are done.
I had some issues with a few Optima Red tops as my Motor home Starting battery. So I just could not see spending all that coin on Yellow Tops for the boat. Costco's are working well.
What we need is a Rex Marine Costco RV Billet Battery Cover?:confused: :confused: :idea: