PDA

View Full Version : Life after the flag sheet?

Invisible Sun
04-24-2007, 09:02 PM
I know that some if you can relate here, becuase I seen some posts on the same subject. I just left a really good job at Porsche as a tech because I just can't do the job anymore. My left leg has gone numb due to a pinched nerve in my back. So what's next? I was at the top of my game, now I have to start over. This game sucks! Can I have a redo?

boater012
04-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Get a job as a service writer for a few years to let your body heal up a bit. They pay techs more than they usually pay the average joe. If you used to be a tech, when some brings there car in for service you have the tendancy to diagnose for free (saves the dealer money) and pass it on to a parts changer. :D
You can get a service writer job that starts in the 80k-200k range depending on how good of a tech you were! Good luck starting your new life!

breezeblocker
04-24-2007, 09:30 PM
i have been an acura tech for 17 years, i dont think i could stand working on the drive. the only thing i would do would be to switch careers, try to get a job with sbc or verizon or something, work my 30 years and collect that union pension.:idea:

Invisible Sun
04-24-2007, 09:35 PM
i have been an acura tech for 17 years, i dont think i could stand working on the drive. the only thing i would do would be to switch careers, try to get a job with sbc or verizon or something, work my 30 years and collect that union pension.:idea:
Funny thing, I'm looking at a retail cell phone franchise in AZ.