PDA

View Full Version : Any Danes out there???

stilettovdrive
07-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Hello there.
Am i the only Danish guy, who think that v-drives and big engines are great??
If someone is building or owning a v-drive boat with v8, it would be fun to hear from them-
Thomas " the viking " gisler larsen.

hboldno7
07-03-2003, 09:24 AM
wow, hot boat international. Post some pics of your setup. Welcome to the boards

burbanite
07-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Right on..
Where in Denmark do you live? Tell us a little about your boat and where you run it.

stilettovdrive
07-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Hello There, I live in Denmark, on Sjælland (zealand) in a town called Jyderup.
I am having a load of trouble with getting the pictures on the site, but you know vikings never surrender!!, so i will get it right as soon as i have called the local computernerd.
Otherwise look at my topic "WHAT PROP", it says some more.
Thanks for the velcoming.
[ July 03, 2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: stilettovdrive ]

Cole Man II
07-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Do you have any trouble buying race gas in Denmark?
Cole Man

burbanite
07-03-2003, 12:14 PM
stilettovdrive:
Hello There, I live in Denmark, on Sjælland (zealand) in a town called Jyderup.
Zealand huh? I'm from New Zealand, a really, really long way South from you... wink

miller19j
07-03-2003, 02:25 PM
I live in Solvang a town settled by Danish Immigrants. I have been told that I am an honorary Dane by my Danish friends.

stilettovdrive
07-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Hello there.
I have never bought any race gas, since my boat is in the construction stage,( build the whole thing myself, from scratch) with finished hull, and with a w drive on the way across the pond on a boat. You see, you can't buy a v-drive here in denmark, beacause im simply isn't used here.
I know, however that there are Dragracers, on wheels that run on race gas, so it should be possible to buy it here.
You see, my old speedboat, with an outboard got vandalized, and the engine stolen, so this boat i will know anywhere, and i will take it home and tug it in in the back of my garage every time i have used it.
Thomas Gisler Larsen.
[ July 03, 2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: stilettovdrive ]

stilettovdrive
07-04-2003, 10:59 AM
What is an Honorary Dane??
By the way, i have got relatives in the US too, my great grandfathers brothers immigratet to America sometime in the 1890ties, I have no contact with anyone, but its a funny thougt.and my grandfathers brother joined the Korean war, and stayed "overthere" till he died 15 Years ago.

AzDon
07-07-2003, 04:38 PM
:) My great-grandmother was a Danish mail-order bride for her husband, who had immigrated from Denmark and homesteaded a section of land in Iowa. After farming it awhile, he leased the land out and moved his family to Long Beach, Ca.... I recently sold my Litchfield runner-bottom to Lars Karlsson of Sweden....Maybe not that close to you, but closer than US!

FlatRat
07-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Viking Dude,
Did ya get the e-mail I sent you?
Montana Rat

stilettovdrive
07-07-2003, 07:52 PM
No, rat dude.
Didnt get anything.
Yhe viking.

FlatRat
07-07-2003, 08:19 PM
I'll try'er again.

miller19j
07-08-2003, 10:14 AM
stilettovdrive:
What is an Honorary Dane??
By the way, i have got relatives in the US too, my great grandfathers brothers immigratet to America sometime in the 1890ties, I have no contact with anyone, but its a funny thougt.and my grandfathers brother joined the Korean war, and stayed "overthere" till he died 15 Years ago. A lot of my friends are Danish and I spend a lot of time with them and their families. So one night after drinking shots of Aquavit (not sure if that’s spelled right) and singing the Danish drinking song (Hans caliva or something like that) they told me that I was Danish by association. :)
Oh and here is a picture of Solvang where I live. It is described as the Danish Capital of America.
http://www.solvangca.com/images/main.jpg
[ July 08, 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

stilettovdrive
07-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Hello Millerdude.
Yes you got it right, Its actually spelled in different ways, for different brands. It also goes by the nickname "potatojuice" ( kartoffeljuice)
It is best along with some Saltet or marinatet fat heerings,on dark riebread, and no butter, just porkfat,raw onions, and beer.
Snaps, as it also is called, is a mans drink that rips the hair out of your ass, and puts it on your chest, a thing for vikings.
Perhaps this menu sounds a bit nasty for an American, but it taste good, thats what i think, anyway.
History tells us about big hairy men that lootet the world in their ships, while drimking "mjoed" ( an ancient sort of beer), under the influence of Psycadelic musrooms,they went berzerk, " the Berzerks" ( true actually!!!!!!), but to keep the illusion of proud "real" men, it never told us about their smooth, freshley ripped asses :D :D .
My Grandpa's brother have told me about solvang , He lived in New Jersey,and is my memory serves me correct one of my brothers schoolmates owns or works in a Bakery in solvang.
So if your baker knows a Mulat guy from Denmark by the name of Janny Larsen, he's the one.
I would like to go to Solvang some day, to see what it's all about, its funny, That there a piece of denmark in the middle of your big country.
So you see, you don't have to be a biker to be a brother.
So give my regards to any dane or Boater overthere, and tell them that i am very pleased with the Americans, i have met great and very helpfull guys in this forum, and i promise that i will update photos as progress proceeds.
P.S. How is my English spelling???
Thanks and Many regards
The viking.
[ July 08, 2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: stilettovdrive ]

miller19j
07-08-2003, 12:50 PM
I know of a few Larsen’s here in Solvang and the name sounds familiar. The Danish community is very close here and I am sure my friends know him. I will find out.
If you come to Solvang you will have to look me up I would be more than happy to show you around.
PS Your English is great. As a matter of fact it is better than some of the Americans on this board.

burbanite
07-08-2003, 02:07 PM
At the risk of receiving a slapping, I used to speak English.....then I moved to the States..... wink

miller19j
07-08-2003, 03:27 PM
burbanite:
At the risk of receiving a slapping, I used to speak English.....then I moved to the States..... wink Would that be “The Queens English”? wink

burbanite
07-08-2003, 05:18 PM
miller19j:
Would that be “The Queens English”? wink Not quite, I'm from New Zealand originally, left there in '82 and have lived in four countries since, including 8 years in England. I'm not sure what kind of accent I have now, nor which language I am actually speaking, (I live amongst Hoosiers),.... :D

miller19j
07-09-2003, 07:26 AM
burbanite:
Not quite, I'm from New Zealand originally, left there in '82 and have lived in four countries since, including 8 years in England. I'm not sure what kind of accent I have now, nor which language I am actually speaking, (I live amongst Hoosiers),.... :D Wow a Kiwi gone Brit gone Yank! I bet your accent is all out of wack! :D

Just Tool'n
07-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Am a decendent of a Dane. would have to dig out the family tree to tell you what town out of denmark they came out of. Use to Race flat bottoms 10-15 years ago, but have upgraded to off-shore type boats now.
Have a guy that works for me that has a sanger flat bottom for sale, here are some pics of it
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/785IM000229-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/785IM000230-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/785IM000231-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/785IM000233-med.JPG
hope you enjoy the pics.

68campbell
07-11-2003, 10:46 AM
I also live in Solvang, and I'm 1/8th Danish, and I have a flat bottom V-drive.
I know there's a large waterski racing community in Europe including a guy named Fleming Pedersen from Copenhagen.
The Ski racers would be the best place for parts. The best place to start for parts is Robbie Llewellen, he knows everyone. I think he divides his time between Germany and the U.K.
Robbie's website
WWSR (http://www.skirace.net/)

AzDon
07-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Did you get that Campbell flat from Cliff Lee of Yucca Valley. It looks like a flat he had called "Baby Boom"

dmontzsta
07-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Todd:
Do you have any more pics of your boats? I couldnt find any...

stilettovdrive
07-20-2003, 08:50 AM
Miller19
I just talked to my big brother, and asked him about the Danish bakerdude from solvang.
It seems that he worked in his father in laws bakery, making wafers of some kind.
Well, that was untill he accidently parked the one eyed snake in the centerpocket of the "wrong" woman.
Now, I don't know about American women, but i would suspect that they, just like Danish women takes these things very personal.
So to make a long story short, the dude got divorced, sacked,and is now living in my old hometown in Denmark again.
I know his name, but i dont think that it's of any importance, so i'll leave it out.
But that's the explanation to that affair.
And i have to add that most Danish people behaves better then that!!!!
The viking
[ July 21, 2003, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: stilettovdrive ]