PDA

View Full Version : What's up with supplier "diversity"?

Boozer
04-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Anyone sell to large corporations?
So I've got a couple of products that I am trying to bring to the general marketplace. I'm also trying to market my products to very large corporations. However, I'm noticing a trend that big business only seems interested in doing business with minority owned business these days.
All of the large corporations wont talk to me, they send me to their website and have me fill out a supplier registration form. When you go to the website there is a huge area dedicated to minority owned and women owned business and a very little section for everyone else.
When did it become a bad thing for a white guy to try and go into business? :mad: :mad:

Nord
04-26-2007, 07:51 AM
What kind of product??

OGShocker
04-26-2007, 08:25 AM
If you moved back to California, you would be in the minority.:eek:
Most of the time this applies to companies with 50 or more employees. We run up against it once in a while. It is rarely a big deal.
Good luck, Boozer!
Mark

riverbound
04-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone sell to large corporations?
So I've got a couple of products that I am trying to bring to the general marketplace. I'm also trying to market my products to very large corporations. However, I'm noticing a trend that big business only seems interested in doing business with minority owned business these days.
All of the large corporations wont talk to me, they send me to their website and have me fill out a supplier registration form. When you go to the website there is a huge area dedicated to minority owned and women owned business and a very little section for everyone else.
When did it become a bad thing for a white guy to try and go into business? :mad: :mad:
We sell to one of the biggest (Home Depot) and a couple of our owners are white as can be. I have no idea what you are trying to sell and to whom. but the best chance of you are a smaller vendor is to start off with a smaller chain and then go up so you can show them that you are able to supply them what they demand and show them some sort of history it will definitely help.

Boozer
04-26-2007, 08:37 AM
What kind of product??
We built an automatic commercial truck wash. Washes a Truck/Trailer in under 8 minutes and gets them pretty damn clean.
Hoping to sell a few to Budweiser, YRC, and a few other big players in the trucking and transportation industry. And of course they are available to any Joe Schmoe who wants to start his own truck wash.

riverbound
04-26-2007, 08:41 AM
We built an automatic commercial truck wash. Washes a Truck/Trailer in under 8 minutes and gets them pretty damn clean.
Hoping to sell a few to Budweiser, YRC, and a few other big players in the trucking and transportation industry. And of course they are available to any Joe Schmoe who wants to start his own truck wash.
That is an industry I know NOTHING about....Good luck.
But it would be nice if you could find someone who could put one in on the way home from Glamis ;) :D

Parker Dreamin
04-26-2007, 08:48 AM
We purchased a reefer washer (interior) from American Truck Wash... you might want to try things down in the Port of LA and LB.

OGShocker
04-26-2007, 10:39 AM
PM me with details!

Trailer Park Casanova
04-26-2007, 10:59 AM
RD needs to write a book on this.
His dads invention is not only a good & revolutionary one, but pop's got it in every store it seems in North America, and it still is the best product of it's kind out there decades later.
Product distribution and placement seems to be as big a BFD as a revolutionary product itself.
----------------- ----------------- ------------------------
The best week on QVC is the 50 inventors week, if they still do it.

topless
04-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I have no idea what you are trying to sell and to whom.Afro Sheen to white men.

Boozer
04-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Afro Sheen to white men.
Actually.. After hearing about your overgrown muff, I developed a muff styling creme. Your product samples are on their way. Now you can spike it, straighten it, etc.