PDA

View Full Version : Is Reggie Fountain gonna be running? Desert Storm.

beaverretriever
04-26-2007, 01:32 PM
First and formost, I am not trying to start crap.
I was wondering if Reggie Fountain will be running at the poker run this weekend?
I remember some threads about him saying he blew away a bunch of cats in a poker run (not a race) a while back. I know lots of crap was flinging back and fourth about it.
I would dig it if he brought a new boat down with big power to see how it compares to some of the cats that will be running this weekend. I know its not a race or anything, but I am sure there will be a lot of full throttle. :)

yopengo
04-26-2007, 01:52 PM
It would be fun to watch if he did. :D

Sleek-Jet
04-26-2007, 01:53 PM
The don't have any decent toupe stores in Havasu... so Reggie ain't comming... :D

27 Awesome cat
04-26-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't think so.

HighRoller
04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
:D The don't have any decent toupe stores in Havasu... so Reggie ain't comming... :D
It's not a rug. He and Trump have the same barber.
:D

spectras only
04-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Don't think Reggie will be there . He doesn't need to prove anything to some
adrenaline junkies from ***boat.com :) :D

Warlockjer
04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
He will be getting his hair dyed this weekend, so will probably not be there.:)

HighRoller
04-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Although in all seriousness I'm sure that Rio Roses rig would blow the doors off 90% of what will show up, cat or not.

Boatcop
04-26-2007, 03:50 PM
He will be getting his hair dyed this weekend, so will probably not be there.:)
Just THIS weekend?
I'm suprised he has any time to go boating at all. :D

Jbb
04-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Although in all seriousness I'm sure that Rio Roses rig would blow the doors off 90% of what will show up, cat or not.
nope

PHOTOGLOU
04-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Rio roses has been re powered hasn't it????

BadKachina
04-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Rio roses has been re powered hasn't it????
2k a side will be the next bench mark.

Mrs.Killer
04-26-2007, 11:01 PM
BUT HE WONT TAKE CRC...
MY MONEY IS ON MIKE

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-27-2007, 01:15 AM
The below was posted from the thread Desert Storm-A recipe for disaster?
So after watching all the trash talking and salivating over potential 200mph boats on Havasu during a crowded weekend, how many of us have really thought about the potential for something really bad to happen. I love horsepower and boating as much as anyone and I too have done stupid things on land and water when the blood started pumping and my pride was on the line. Luckily I survived.
So what's the possible consequence if a 40+ft boat going 150 or so clips a pontoon boat with 12 or 15 people on it? Death and destruction, of course, but what beyond that? We've all seen the draconian measures taken to try and correct bad behavior in the channel so how hard do you think the authorities will come down in reaction to a mass casualty event on the lake? "Hot Boaters" will become public enemy #1 once the blood hits the papers.
Not to mention the organizers of the event will eventually be found partially liable for the incident and Desert Storm will be nothing but a memorial next year. The "idle" start shows that the people in charge already know trouble's brewing. Ironically, this change of policy will be a nice feather in the litigating attorney's cap when he sues them because he can show that they were aware of the possible danger and continued on.
I no longer will go to Havasu on weekends for this exact reason, but I'd hate to see all Hot Rod type boats get clamped down on because the big boys couldn't keep it in their pants when their ego was at stake. A Poker Run is a PLEASURE BOAT event where people are supposed to cruise and relax and have a good time. The cards, not speed, decide who the winner is. But if a lack of discretion brings about the worst case scenario, we'll all lose in the end.
Excuse me while I go get a bag of microwave popcorn. All the flaming should make it pop in no time!!:D
ok I am very confused :idea: