PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Van Beek, finally in jail

pacman
04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Anybody heard the rumor that Jerry Van Beek finally got busted? I heard he has been in jail for the past few weeks and just got extradited to Nevada for something to do with boat fraud. ItÂ’s about time. I know of several people that he has ripped off of the years and have heard of many more. Last I heard he was running Lightning boats for his brother. TheyÂ’ve been telling people he is out on vacation when they call there for him.

Mandelon
04-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Vacation.......LOL :eek:

27 Awesome cat
04-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Anybody heard the rumor that Jerry Van Beek finally got busted? I heard he has been in jail for the past few weeks and just got extradited to Nevada for something to do with boat fraud. ItÂ’s about time. I know of several people that he has ripped off of the years and have heard of many more. Last I heard he was running Lightning boats for his brother. TheyÂ’ve been telling people he is out on vacation when they call there for him.http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110347

shockwavebd
04-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Can anyone confirm this?

Jetdriver
04-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Its about time!

RaceFace
04-26-2007, 02:34 PM
LOL!!! When I bought my Ultra, 10 years ago, John had just got the company from him and Jerry was my salesman. I worked him sooo hard on the deal, he practically gave the boat away to me. When I called back 3 or 4 days later with my paint design, they transferred me to John and he told me my boat deal was the "final straw" and that he had canned him. I figured he was out of the industry after that. Apparently not. So what (or who) has he been doing the last ten years???

shippingguy
04-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Can anyone confirm this?
Go to the www.lasd.org and click on inmate locator and type in Vanbeek, Jerry. It confirms it.

raff
04-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Its about time!
hay get back to work:eek:

OutCole'd
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Go to the www.lasd.org and click on inmate locator and type in Vanbeek, Jerry. It confirms it.
Ouch

BADBLOWN572
04-26-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110347
Just to touch on this thread here, I deal with Joel and Rudy Casillas over at Genesis on a daily or weekly basis. They are doing the lamination for me on my boats. I have never found them to be anything but a straight shooter and would recommend anyone looking to get a Genesis Boat to head on over. Their gel work is top knotch as well as their lamination. I guess that is why many other So. Cal. builders are using them for gel/lamination as well. :)
Now that they are away from Jerry, they are doing their own thing and things are going well! :)

UHHH SUCKA
04-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Just to touch on this thread here, I deal with Joel and Rudy Casillas over at Genesis on a daily or weekly basis. They are doing the lamination for me on my boats. I have never found them to be anything but a straight shooter and would recommend anyone looking to get a Genesis Boat to head on over. Their gel work is top knotch as well as their lamination. I guess that is why many other So. Cal. builders are using them for gel/lamination as well. :)
Now that they are away from Jerry, they are doing their own thing and things are going well! :)
I second that.

Old school Ultra
04-26-2007, 03:18 PM
:) I bought my Ultra in February of 1995,It took 4 months and alot of confusion to finally get it delivered....
I hope he enjoys his new roommates....

voodoomedman
04-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow finally. I remember somebody onetime questioning what I said saying that JW was the crooked one. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Who's in jail now.

boatnam2
04-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Old jerry... man i got some good stories.When i bought my ultra in 93 jerry and carter reed owned it.Jeff bohn owner of cobra was the parts guy there.Still remember to this day the 93 regatta,jerry f the girls working there tit jobs...and the saturday night dinner was off the hook jerry coked out of his mind throwing 100 dollars bills during the raffle friggin classic.his bro in law and him got into a schuffle afterwards and i think they sank a few of the boats he had brought.

beaverretriever
04-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't know squat about the owner of Lightning except he is related. But will say the same thing about how they treated and treat me.
I only had one problem with the boat, and they met me in Barstow and picked my boat up. Fixed the minor problem. Not only that they delivered it back to me in less than a week. A total of about 450 miles of driving for them.
As for the build of my boat, the workmanship is good (not Outerlimits good) but good. The gel on my boat is as good or better than most out there.
If Jerry did shady things, its probably best he is in jail. Whether he was associated with Lightning or Genesis doesn't mean anything. Hopefully people will look past the bad apple.

Boatcop
04-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Would this be the same as, or related to "Jason" Van Beek? Mid-late 30s from Sun Valley?
Just askin'.
:D

Daddy_G
04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
:) I bought my Ultra in February of 1995,It took 4 months and alot of confusion to finally get it delivered....
I hope he enjoys his new roommates....
I'll one-up ya!
I bought my first Ultra in 1989 - they were brand new competing with Eliminator in the hot 21' open bow market.
Jerry owned Ultra but I had very little to do with him. Boat was fine.
In 1994 I made the mistake of having Ultra build up my 350 with a blower, etc. (just had to go 70!) ;)
After it blew up - twice, Jerry "graciously" offered to trade it in on a new one.
It took... are you ready? a f*@#ing year! The only way I got the boat was I kept a loaner boat he provided.
Then, borrowed another loaner through an employee who didn't know I still had the first one.
I held those two boats hostage (actually hid them at a buddy's house) until he finished mine. :rolleyes:
What a dick he was too, all cool and calm while I was going crazy - I swear, I almost came over his desk once.
I hope his new boyfriends give him the "fat shaft" daily!:mad:

shippingguy
04-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Would this be the same as, or related to "Jason" Van Beek? Mid-late 30s from Sun Valley?
Just askin'.
:D
Brothers

riverracerx
04-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Boatcop, you from Sun Valley by any chance? Yes, I went to school with Jason. Jerry was his older brother.
Jason was class of '88, I was '89

BoatPI
04-26-2007, 05:57 PM
He was running Genesis Boats. They went without a Coast Guard MIC for a shot time then his sister, Amanda, got the MIC and business continued. She is shown as a corporate officer.
see this http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C2773452
http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_detail.aspx?id=LQI

Boatcop
04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Boatcop, you from Sun Valley by any chance? Yes, I went to school with Jason. Jerry was his older brother.
Jason was class of '88, I was '89
Naw. I'm a South Bayer. Hawthorne, until I was allowed to ride my bike more than a block from home. Then I could always be found at Manhattan Beach Pier.
I was wondering about Jason, because I'm looking for him for "another" (similar) reason.

SHOTKALLIN
04-26-2007, 06:24 PM
I was at lightning 2 days ago. I spoke with Holly. I asked for a prive on a specif boat and she called A Jerry on the phone. It was definitely Jerry. So This story has a few holes in it.

shippingguy
04-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I was at lightning 2 days ago. I spoke with Holly. I asked for a prive on a specif boat and she called A Jerry on the phone. It was definitely Jerry. So This story has a few holes in it.
A few holes maybe. Out on bail, maybe, but this is pretty accurate I would think??
Or maybe that was his ONE PHONE CALL!! :)

KineticoH20
04-26-2007, 06:45 PM
A few holes maybe. Out on bail, maybe, but this is pretty accurate I would think??
Or maybe that was his ONE PHONE CALL!! :)
lmfaorof

shippingguy
04-26-2007, 06:47 PM
lmfaorof
:) :D

boater012
04-26-2007, 07:16 PM
If you go check the site and click on the case number to the left it says it was a misdemeanor and that he was released, He was released with time served! usually means the case was dropped or was found guilty and judge gave him time served for the violation! Or so I have heard!

beaverretriever
04-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Thats odd. Everyone I have known that has bought a boat there in the past yr or 2 has always spoken with Brad. I saw Jason there a few times, but he was usually running around keeping busy. I had no idea Jerry was even in the picture over there.
Like I said, I have know idea about the background of some of these people. I am not defending anyone.I am also not a cheerleader for Lightning. All I know is I was taken great care of. My boat came out awesome, and everyone there was always super cool to me, even when I had a question or concern.
It sucks that Lightning is getting a bad rap. Almost everyone on these boards that has bought a boat from there in the past couple yrs has had great luck.

ignaciousDD
04-26-2007, 07:28 PM
ya but if you click on case above it it says custody release to Nevada???:idea: anyone know what that means

Johnwithjm
04-26-2007, 07:37 PM
That means he was sent to NV and could be charged in that state

BoatPI
04-26-2007, 08:15 PM
WRONG... According to the LASO website ee was released on time served on that traffic warrant. He was in Division 30 at CCB. That is the central arraignment court with a hold for Nevada.
Now depending if NV agancy had a warrant in NCIC, then they need to get JVB's permission and waive extradition to NV, or the NV agency/DA needs to get a Gov warrant within 30 days and have it signed by our governator. they he goes to NV like it or not. Most waive and get it over with. NO BAIL until they arrive in the state that wants them.
AND AS AN FYI, LIGHTING BOATS IS OUT OF BUSINESS PER THE USCG. UNLESS THEY ARE USING SOMEONE ELSES MIC????

MR.rvrluvr
04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
I used to work for Jerry in 94, There was always marshals looking for him.. When they would come in the shop he would run out the back door...Funny as shit........run Jerry run.....

prkr247
04-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I agree that Genesis and Rudy and Joel are great guys. I have been extremly happy with them!!!

SHOTKALLIN
04-27-2007, 12:04 AM
I agree that Genesis and Rudy and Joel are great guys. I have been extremly happy with them!!!
they finally got rid of Jerry! Good luck to them.

PBOCOP
04-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Does anyone know where Carter Reed ended up ? I bought my first boat from him at Ultimate. It was just after Ultra in Pomona split up. Maybe that was Jerry and Carter ? I could always tell Carter was a con man but was a nice guy and had been in boats for awhile. I knew he started Ultimate with some rich Doctor and then it was Ultimate Warlock, but always wondered what happened to him after that. Still alive ? This post brings back memories of my first boat.
PBO

Tom Brown
04-27-2007, 02:43 AM
They are doing the lamination for me on my boats.
Maybe you should look at throwing in a custom license plate with each boat you sell. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

boatnam2
04-27-2007, 04:58 AM
Does anyone know where Carter Reed ended up ? I bought my first boat from him at Ultimate. It was just after Ultra in Pomona split up. Maybe that was Jerry and Carter ? I could always tell Carter was a con man but was a nice guy and had been in boats for awhile. I knew he started Ultimate with some rich Doctor and then it was Ultimate Warlock, but always wondered what happened to him after that. Still alive ? This post brings back memories of my first boat.
PBO
he runs warlock in corona