PDA

View Full Version : NEW Detailing & Restoration Products

InKahntrol
04-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi Everyone,
I do the PR for Meguiar's, and they recently came out with a few different new products for their Marine Line. The coolest ones are Anti-Skid Cleaner, Black Streak Remover, Metal Polish and a new Fiberglass Restoration Kit that's specifically designed to restore gelcoat finishes back to "like new" shine.
Meguiar's sent me a few sample kits that I want to give out for opinions. Anyone interested?
I'm not trying to make this a spam thread. Basically, I'm just looking to get some feedback from real world boaters on the Fiberglass Restoration kit and other products.
I only have enough product to send out stuff to three people. Just send me your name, shipping info, and type of boat and I'll get product out. After you're done, if you could just post comments on how it worked (and photos if poss) that would be cool.
Thanks,
Dan Kahn

Vintage Eliminator 21
04-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Can you tell me more about the restoration kit?
I have a 72 Eliminator Day Cruiser with faded gel and will be working on it within the next month.

riverbound
04-26-2007, 03:08 PM
I would be really interested in trying the items out.
I have access to quite a few different boats that we can try them out on.

InKahntrol
04-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Cool, thanks guys. If you both PM me your shipping address I'll get some stuff out to you.
Thanks,
Dan

shadow
04-26-2007, 03:20 PM
If it makes it shine i'd be happy to be a test guinee pig.:)

InKahntrol
04-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Awesome, thanks guys. I need one or two more people and I'm set.

CastaicPiper
04-27-2007, 10:38 AM
If it can make the topside shiny with all the nonslip and bring the rest of the boat shine Id like to give it a try.

boats&bars
04-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I would love to try someting new.

InKahntrol
05-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Thank you all for the great response. Everyone who requested product will receive some samples in the next week or so. Please try it out and let me know what you think here. Thanks again!
-Dan

CampbellCarl
05-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Danny
Not sure if PM's are working. I'm finishing up a '75 Howard Day Cruiser that's gonna need some gel coat attention. Would like to try your offer if you have another sample kit.
Thanx
Carl

scarabrick2
05-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I/LL TRY SOME getting ready to do a 98 hallett 270 non skid / gel fade/ transom grime. please let me know.
IF i don't get it from u i'll get if from your competition. :)
I will post pics and write up a little speel

scooooter7
05-08-2007, 08:02 PM
No feedback yet?

mlaines
05-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Sure I have a 72 sleekcraft that the gel coat needs some help.
Thanks

Tripfusion
05-14-2007, 04:28 PM
How well do you think it will work on a "70 Schiada Daycruiser. This boat has not been touched in 26 yrs sitll in fantastic shape but I want to make it look nice again...

tahitijet
05-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I tried out the metal polish today in just a few spots real quick. I've been using there new wheel polish and have been pretty happy with the results but this marine stuff is way nicer. It applies easy cleans off easier and shines up nicer. So far I really like it. It also cleans up my cerama coated headers better then anything else i have found to date.
I'll try to grab some pics tomorrow. Do they by chance have an interior cleaner? and is the gelcoat cleaner ok on paint?

InKahntrol
06-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi,
Yes, the gelcoat cleaner should work fine on paint, and they do offer a few different marine interior cleaners, including one for canvas, one for vinyl, and one for carpet.
It's available on the new Marine/RV website, http://marinerv.meguiars.com
-Dan

tahitijet
06-01-2007, 06:34 PM
a little slow on getting the pictures but i polished everything up on the boat using the metal polish.. I'm really impressed. what used to be a full day job of polishing only took 3 hours. everything on the motor now looks exactly like it did 3 years ago when i had it polished including my rideplate which i have never polished.
I really like it. thanks for the samples. I'll get some pics

InKahntrol
06-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Glad to hear the products are working out for you guys. If you could post some pics and reviews, that would be great!
Thanks,
Dan

Commander21
06-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Dan,
I'm getting ready to try and restore my gel on a 1988 Commander. Where can I purchase the new restoration kit? Thanks for your help and great post.